onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Season ticket renewals

Old fort

3 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

I think that hes created so much damage amongst the support base that even if he was moved to those area's, the fan's would not trust that he's not involved with the first team recruitment.

The trust is that far gone that it needs a clean break

My honest opinion is that if Carol said he’s out of the picture fans would accept that, reluctantly maybe.  It’d then probably boil down to recruitment again, which if it was 💩 folk would inevitably think he’s still involved.  However, if our recruitment was good fans would reasonably believe he can’t possibly be involved.

Personally I bear the guy no ill will, I just think based on the evidence we can see he’s bad at his job, or a crucial part of his job at least.  In most normal lines of work he’d have that responsibility taken from him and handed to someone else.

• Like 5

Advert

My honest opinion is that if Carol said he’s out of the picture fans would accept that, reluctantly maybe.  It’d then probably boil down to recruitment again, which if it was folk would inevitably think he’s still involved.  However, if our recruitment was good fans would reasonably believe he can’t possibly be involved.
Personally I bear the guy no ill will, I just think based on the evidence we can see he’s bad at his job, or a crucial part of his job at least.  In most normal lines of work he’d have that responsibility taken from him and handed to someone else.
Assuming its NOT DF, i see the problem will be with future recruitment:

A large number of the current crop will be under contract next season whichever league we are in, therefore we will need to move players on before bringing new in (assuming whoever is in charge of recruitment thinks they aren't up to the job).

The wage budget

The transfer kitty

Actually attracting better players to the club

Time.

In my view Time is the critical factor, any new players will need time to bed in, whether or not they get a full preseason the chances are early results next season may not start well. Any new players (and existing) will be scrutinised each and every minute on the pitch and it won't take long for fans that "never wanted him in the first place" to vent their feelings.

1 hour ago, Birches Head Fred said:

Assuming its NOT DF, i see the problem will be with future recruitment:

A large number of the current crop will be under contract next season whichever league we are in, therefore we will need to move players on before bringing new in (assuming whoever is in charge of recruitment thinks they aren't up to the job).

The wage budget

The transfer kitty

Actually attracting better players to the club

Time.

In my view Time is the critical factor, any new players will need time to bed in, whether or not they get a full preseason the chances are early results next season may not start well. Any new players (and existing) will be scrutinised each and every minute on the pitch and it won't take long for fans that "never wanted him in the first place" to vent their feelings.

Just because players are contracted doesn’t mean they’ll remain with us next season.  Highly likely our better players will leave and very likely some of the under-performers will be transfer listed or released.

Time is always of the essence.  Signing players is a bit of a lottery as we’ve seen forever, unless we only sign experienced pro’s to mitigate the risk, but even then there’s no guarantee.  The scrutiny will be no different than at the start of any other season.  Fans will form opinions pretty quickly chance what.  Obviously, if Flitcroft is still heading up recruitment then fans will have a less balanced view and so any negative perceptions will probably take root a bit quicker than would be the case than if someone else was doing the recruiting.

3 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

What do you think the case is?

Well I know for sure that Loft is on £3k and was our main man based on Flitcroft chasing him. That leaves £6,000 a week. I just can’t believe we would be paying that to a desperate, unfit Uche and a proven crocked Wilson. If we are..:well we are mugs but then you honestly won’t get better for the money. Uche, Wilson and Loft may be reasonable in league 2. Way off League 1 however. 

6 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

he, based on our budget decided to run a club on league 2 money and hope Flitcroft’s magic could do that in league 1. It has not worked but won’t blame Flitcroft because deep down, she knows he asked him for the impossible. 

"We can argue whether the budget is 18th, 17th or 16th in the division but it’s not bottom four." - Mike Baggaley in today's stack,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1