onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lincoln City (H) match thread - 24th Feb

robf

2 minutes ago, MBE said:

I agree with what you say however the problem is without funding 1st team ( or spending budget wisely spent which personally think is the failing) you start to haemorrhage money. Attendances dwindle, players lose confidence and L2 awaits. Based on Andy Holt at Accrington a loss of 1 million in revenue the difference between the 2 leagues. Carol will need to bridge that loss somehow. Player sales won’t cover it and you’ll struggle to get fans to pay £25 for L2.

It’s counter productive.

I agree in parts. I do think though dm will bring alot out of the team and make it work.

Advert

We lost to the team that sit 10th in the league. They're an OK side. We have better stats than them across the board aside from giving them 2 goals. Their other shots on target bar one were caused by our madness. Some of the players in our team are short on confidence. 

But from a management perspective there are better patterns of play and organisation. So you can give me all the symbols you want, but we should have got 0-0 out of that today. If they are a top half team that would not have been that bad. I'm in the camp that thinks a win on Tuesday will kick start a better phase that allows us to stay up. 

I'm coming to the Fleetwood game. Then a bit of Scottish next weekend Montrose v Alloa. 

34 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

And like I've said. Dof can't because there is probably a small budget. That's why we are investing of the pitch to increase it. I presume for dm to come that didn't come out the budget. I'm guessing it may have come straight out of carols pocket.

Fraudcroft has to go , end of 🙄

Just now, Warren said:

But from a management perspective there are better patterns of play and organisation. So you can give me all the symbols you want, but we should have got 0-0 out of that today. If they are a top half team that would not have been that bad. I'm in the camp that thinks a win on Tuesday will kick start a better phase that allows us to stay up. 

Love the positivity but fact remains we need goals. It's increasingly difficult to see where that comes from, because I can't remember the last time we scored from open play.

I don’t understand the negativity towards Carol on a after match speech which she does at most games in the suite.

We’ve just lost a crucial game at home, like all most of all she sounds emotional and is just trying reassure the room she thinks they have the right man and is asking the room to stick with it.

Ok she rambles on about community crap which nobody gives a toss about after a defeat but this speech jest tells me how much she’s cares.

Give me that kind of owner any day of the week and twice on a Sunday.

FFS she’s a human, give her a break.

8 minutes ago, Warren said:

We lost to the team that sit 10th in the league. They're an OK side. We have better stats than them across the board aside from giving them 2 goals. Their other shots on target bar one were caused by our madness. Some of the players in our team are short on confidence. 

Booorrrriiiiinngggg

7 minutes ago, MBE said:

I don’t understand the negativity towards Carol on a after match speech which she does at most games in the suite.

I totally understand what you're saying, but the fact she's still calling him Flickers in a speech like that is deeply, deeply worrying. She still isn't seeing it.

I said a few weeks ago Cheltenham will get out of it and Charlton whilst on a shocking winless run are showing fight the last few games with draws against Bolton and Portsmouth will have too much quality as well.   For me the bottom 3 are gone, we are 7 points off 19th place now, 3 wins off catching them up.  I think it will be one from Burton, Shrewsbury and Cambridge.

5 minutes ago, osprey said:

Just listened to Darren Moores post match interview- it appears I watched a different game to the one he did 😬

I’ve felt that after every post match interview. I wanted Darren Moore & I know it’s only 3 games but his selections, bizarre subs & interviews are a real concern already. Why isn’t he fuming like everyone else I saw more anger in Croz & he was apparently a nice guy. 

7 minutes ago, osprey said:

Just listened to Darren Moores post match interview- it appears I watched a different game to the one he did 😬

Unlike you he's being positive. 2 stupid moments arguably gave them the game. The rest of the game it could have gone either way. What he said isn't wrong.

14 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

I agree in parts. I do think though dm will bring alot out of the team and make it work.

I hope you’re right but I’ll be honest I’ve not seen enough from the players to make it work. 
The defence are a bag of nerves, the midfield is pedestrian, we have very little creative and no pace to stretch the play.

Only positive I’ve seen so far is we  look threatening from corners.

1 minute ago, Vtid said:

I’ve felt that after every post match interview. I wanted Darren Moore & I know it’s only 3 games but his selections, bizarre subs & interviews are a real concern already. Why isn’t he fuming like everyone else I saw more anger in Croz & he was apparently a nice guy. 

This is why half of you wouldn't be good football managers. He can't just slate his players. He needs to support a team that before he came had <ovf censored> moral.

What were the tactics today?
Weir on the left,Chislett on the right? Not once did they receive the ball in an offensive position where they could do damage. 
No one near Wilson when he received the ball. Lowe cannot pass more than 5 yards and Ojo isn't fit.
Debrah isn't a LCB,Smith was dreadful today. It comes to something when Sang was MOM.
Where were Lopata and Mighten?
The crowd were flat as anything after 1 minute.
Why was their number 9 not booked for inciting the crowd after the goal? He would have been sent off for doing more of the same when he was subbed. They wasted so much time....however adding more time on would have added to the misery.
Very deflated after today
I thought Taylor was on a wind up all afternoon. Then from the moment he was subbed he was intent on provoking the crowd all the way back around to their dugout. I did see that someone lobbed a bottle at him behind the goal. He's got enough to worry about with that haircut of his, very Mick Hucknall. Having said that I wished he was up front for us instead of our wasters

Sent from my XQ-CC54 using onevalefan mobile app

Archived