onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lincoln City (H) match thread - 24th Feb

robf

15 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

That's probably why we are investing so much in the things that make money off the pitch e.g the academy. So we have the funds to be a some what sustainable club and have a chance of going up or atleast staying in league 1. I think these foundations off the pitch need to be layed down before we can expect to progress into the top half.

Carol only has 10 million in net worth I believe so we can't expect her to be spending millions with the club making almost no profit.

It's probably why less money has gone to the squad. If we had no revenue coming in from off the pitch before its like a sinking ship. A sinking ship floating on the money Carol has. That money would eventually run out. Especially if we went up like she wants us too. So all the investment off the pitch is to plug them holes.

I know I'm going to get hate for what I've said but it's true. 

It's carols money to spent as tactically as she can. She has I'm guessing set a plan up with dof to make the club sustainable. This will generate us more money. Eventually with this we can invest more in the first team.

I've said it before and I'll say it again

@Vtid what's so confusing pal?

All her money is tied up in Synectics (who we are £10mil in debt to according to the accounts). 

If the rumours are true and Synectics is up for sale soon, then I think we could get a bigger budget. 

Edited by Refreshers
  • Like 1

Advert

1 hour ago, PVFC FAN said:

We know this team can play football so let's get behind them.

Booing players won't make them play better. Supporting players will.

Going after Carol won't help either 

Going after flitcroft I can understand to an extent but he isn't going anywhere. Why get a new dof in and spend valuable money. At this point a new dof won't make an impact on the pitch.

We should just get behind the team. It's been toxic most of the season. Why would players want to play for the shirt if they are getting booed all the time.

We have to be as positive as possible against all the odds.

I think if there wasn't that silly mistake we would have a point or possibly 3.

We have improved massively under dm and I think it won't be long till we get 3 points.

(Can't wait for the angry replies)

It's this kind of delusion here that I'll never quite understand. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Vtid said:

That video is embarrassing! Where have they filmed that, the carpet looks like something in a hostel & the flooring looks like a dart board that’s been battered down your local. Why can’t she face the cameras I wonder. First the letter now this it’s cringeworthy to be honest. Will come back to bite you on the bum Carol because now way will we be fine. We’re bloody terrible 

I’m assuming it’s in the valiant suite. She always gets up and chats to the people in there after a game. It’s been filmed on the sly obviously. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

So who is going to look after the projects that when completed will make revenue to go into the budget. Also I'm pretty sure we would still have to pay his contract even when he is gone. Unless he get a new club.

If we are going to get him gone it is more sensible to do so in the summer or just before end of season.

Are you Patrick Shanahan? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Our warm ups always look one big doss. Often wondered the point at times as it's just one big 15 minute prattling around and has been for years. 

It’s never been a warm up unless one of the players is coming on at the second half, then they do a warm up properly.  

7 minutes ago, Vtid said:

3 wins in the last 24 league games shows the money should have gone on players not infrastructure. No point having championship facilities if we’re in league 2. You do the fancy stuff after the team is competitive & comfortable in the league. Running before we can walk & it’s backfiring massively. Relegation was not in the 5 year plan so it’s looking like a failure as it’s going. I’m not getting into this again mate it’s so tiring 😂 we all have different opinions I get what you say about some stuff but your missing the point. The important point 

So we invest in a really good squad? We then don't have enough money to get the things that will give us more money for the championship. 

• Confused 2

This is extremely worrying! 🙈

Smacks of someone who has lost the plot. I don't doubt that Carol cares, but she's putting blind faith in a charlatan. We need to be planning for a promotion campaign next season to get back up from L2, where we're undoubtedly heading. 

Fleetwood on Tuesday is probably our last chance to stop the rot before its too late, otherwise we're certainties for relegation. 

Recruitment needs to be done by the manager of the football team. We don't need, and can't afford, a DOF. 

I hope her words are correct, that DM needs three games to assess, and his impact starts on Tuesday. Sadly, I'm not convinced. Hope I'm wrong! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can see why Jones hasn't been picked by Crosby.

Never got near his man. His headers clear usually went straight back to Lincoln. Half arsed passes down the line to no one or out of play. His defending for the penalty was shocking. I'd rather see Shorrock 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

Are you stupid?

Serious question.

Whats his job now then? Nothing. Zip. <ovf censored> all.

So you get rid now. You look into a new appointment to come in before the end of March. That gives that person a good 2 months to identify targets and set out a plan. And we go from there.

In your world we sit back, let him keep his job in the hope we stay up. If we do the fans go quiet and he gets ANOTHER transfer window. If we go down you’d sack him in the summer. Which means you’ve got the best part of ten weeks to find someone to come in and make a plan.

Fail to prepare. Prepare to fail.

His position is untenable, right?

Has to be. Considering he’s involved in “everything football related”.

I did say about getting rid of him a month before end of season before in another post.

7 minutes ago, Refreshers said:

All her money is tied up in Synectics (who we are £10mil in debt to according to the accounts). 

If the rumours are true and Synectics is up for sale soon, then I think we could get a bigger budget. 

Bigger budget?

Where would the revenue come from?

Other than the off pitch things like the academy?

8 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

So we invest in a really good squad? We then don't have enough money to get the things that will give us more money for the championship. 

Yes you wet wipe! Ffs your hard work 🤣 we wouldn’t need more money to get the things that would give us more money in the championship. Getting a competitive squad would get us to the championship nothing external 🤦‍♂️ and with promotion would come more money. Only players will see us progress on the pitch nothing else. Don’t bother replying to this lad your doing my head in now in a polite way. Go & enjoy your alphabetical spaghetti & strawberry milkshake that Floor cloth has treated you too 👍🏻 

Edited by Vtid