onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lincoln City (H) match thread - 24th Feb

robf

5 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

Rory - your luv in with DM is already approaching the levels of RZs bromance with DC 😍😍😍😍😍

RZ is a barmpot though because DC is absolutely class. Great man.

Advert

I'm.going have to listen to the Moore pre match  interview again and again because the reality is we have a losing mentality which is being getting worse since Jan 2023 .

30 defeats in 53 games really to amend that by end of season it's got be no more than 35 in 68 which is still over half of games played .

Can the players find that pride in the shirt I don't know I really don't but Moore gives me reason he can change things somewhat .

Let's hope that's the case for the support going tomoz and every game there after.

I still don't see anything in this league be afraid of .

Out of all teams seen all season Leyton Orient played the best out of all teams coming to Vale Park .

We lost to Derby because of a massive error by Massey then the defence were slow to react v Peterboro we lost because of a own goal by massey freak goal really but sums him up ,and many other teams have got results not because they are good it's mainly because we have sat off them and being scared stiff Bolton first half and Portsmouth all game .

Like I say its our own defienciences and mental weakness what's for me have lost us most of our games since 2023 ,Smiths on his 8th 9th or 10th manager he continues to get selected but he is no better than his m8 who's at Oldham non league  now (I'd say Conlon was a better player personally ).

So UTV let's hope come 17.00 tomoz  our fans are beaming will they be I'd say on form since Jan 2023 

Percentage wise 

75 per cent they could defo lose 

15 per cent they might scrape a draw 

10 per cent they might win.

I'm.going have to listen to Moore again the negativity setting in again 

UTV 

38 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

one win will shift everything. If we nick a win tomorrow, the whole outlook changes. 

Precisely. Surely most sane people are past caring about performances for now. A win by any means would be huge. 

38 minutes ago, Doha said:

I worked out last night we've only won 2 tuesday night league games since the promotion season, which is a bit of a poor do. Plymouth A and Blackpool H. We've only won 4 in total in the last 2 calender years.

Plymouth was a Friday night? (moved due to the World Cup being on)

[Edit]....just realised that Blackpool was also a Friday!

Does that mean Salford away (April 2022!) was the last Tuesday night win?

7 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Plymouth was a Friday night? (moved due to the World Cup being on)

[Edit]....just realised that Blackpool was also a Friday!

Does that mean Salford away (April 2022!) was the last Tuesday night win?

Christ, you're right. I didn't check the days of the week, just the kick off times, as I'd forgotten they fell on odd dates. Yes, we haven't won any Tuesday night league games since the promotion to league one in May 2022.

49 minutes ago, Doha said:

I worked out last night we've only won 2 tuesday night league games since the promotion season, which is a bit of a poor do. Plymouth A and Blackpool H. We've only won 4 in total in the last 2 calender years. We need to get a result tomorrow but even if we don't I will put myself through the slog of going to the Fleetwood game afterwards because after losing to them, Cheltenham and Carlisle recently, it is one of the most must win games in the 148 year history of the club. We simply have to win, there is no other option. A result tomorrow is what we need to set us up for it.

I hate to break this to you, unless I have read it wrong, both Plymouth away & Blackpool at home were on a Friday night  

Edit: Sorry just seen the above reply

Since that win at Salford - Tuesday nights in League Action:

MK 2 Port Vale 1

Barns;ey 1 Port Vale 1

Port Vale 2 Ipswich Town 3

Wycombe 2 Port Vale 2

Port Vale 1 Derby 2

Port Vale 1 Accrington 1

Port Vale 1 Barnsley 3

Morecambe 1 Port Vale 0

Ipswich 2 Port Vale 1

Blackpool 0 Port Vale 0

Port Vale 2 Burton 3

Bristol Rovers 3 Port Vale 0

Port Vale 0 Peterborough 1

Port Vale 0 Derby 1

Port Vale 2 Barnsley 3 (Boxing Day was indeed a Tuesday!)

Port Vale 0 Leyton Orient 1

Reading 2 Port Vale 0

17 Matches Played

W0 D4 L13

Interestingly in Cup Competition we have also played 17 games in that time but a very different record:

W9 D3 L5

2 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

MK 2 Port Vale 1

Barns;ey 1 Port Vale 1

Wycombe 2 Port Vale 2

Port Vale 1 Derby 2

Port Vale 1 Accrington 1

Port Vale 1 Barnsley 3

Morecambe 1 Port Vale 0

Ipswich 2 Port Vale 1

Blackpool 0 Port Vale 0

Port Vale 2 Burton 3

Port Vale 0 Derby 1

Reading 2 Port Vale 0

17 Matches Played

W0 D4 L13

Wow.

17 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

MK 2 Port Vale 1

Barns;ey 1 Port Vale 1

Wycombe 2 Port Vale 2

Port Vale 1 Derby 2

Port Vale 1 Accrington 1

Port Vale 1 Barnsley 3

Morecambe 1 Port Vale 0

Ipswich 2 Port Vale 1

Blackpool 0 Port Vale 0

Port Vale 2 Burton 3

Port Vale 0 Derby 1

Reading 2 Port Vale 0

17 Matches Played

W0 D4 L13

Interestingly in Cup Competition we have also played 17 games in that time but a very different record:

W9 D3 L5

That’s a shocking stat to be fair 😂 I do feel we were unfortunate in a couple of those league games. The derby one springs to mind the most & not quite sure how we lost to MK either. Our last win was at Vale Park so a win tomorrow could lift the lads for Fleetwood on Tuesday under the lights 

2 minutes ago, Vtid said:

That’s a shocking stat to be fair 😂 I do feel we were unfortunate in a couple of those league games. The derby one springs to mind the most & not quite sure how we lost to MK either apart from them scoring 2 whilst we scored 1 obviously 

and Accrington at home with the referee decision! 

Terrible record though but odd such a difference with cup.

Just now, valefan16 said:

Yeah there’s a few games we definitely deserved more from that list but it’s the final score that counts I suppose. Bloody long time nearly 2 years is 🤣 I think we stop the rot next week. KTF

5 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Perhaps DM should use psychological warfare and tell the players they're all cup games .. problem solved 😁🤔

7 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Is that the game he ruled smudges goal out & give a penalty that we missed? 

Archived