onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Flitcroft simple vote...

Aguar61

Advert

32 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Nobody else would employ the conman 

He'd have more a chance now with his Port Vale record behind him. I'd want to be out of it if I were him.

Same with Carol, why not just enjoy your life?

35 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

I'm feeling exactly the same , 

Totally dejected and angry 

I'm struggling to believe that Carol and the board are willing to sacrifice so much for what are at the end of the day speculative points on academy success and team structure thereof. What matters most is maintaining the product on the pitch, the rest runs alongside or follows accordingly. I feel a kind of 'cheated'. It's like being ripped off but they are doing it in a nice way with all the positve 'spin'  - some may say bulls*it. Either way being taken for fools with bluster and the carte blanche backing of someone who simply has not overseen the first team recruitment to an adequate level is suicidal in terms of growing the business. There will be limited numbers taking up places within the new 'Campus' and the endearing RW suite. My £800-£1K may not be ,missed. See you in League 2 (or maybe not) - easier said than done. So deflated and indeed angry to watch as the good ship HMS Port Vale (formerly HMS P*ss this tinpot League) disappears beneath the EFL waves.

2 hours ago, MagicFlask said:

Of course it’s a simple answer if you’re a total idiot. 
I’m giving up on this forum - it’s a toxic echo chamber taken over by a bunch of people who are so full of themselves and their own opinions- they don’t see the damage they are causing or recognise what they are wishing for- listening to the garbage on here I think at least half of you would rather that Vale had gone into administration back then so you could have something more to  moan about- it’s pathetic. 
I don’t know what planet you are living on - you’re never happy with anything and you’re always looking for someone to blame for everything that goes wrong. 
we are where we are and we need to pull together to make it better. 
It’s possibly the most depressing experience anyone who is a genuine vale fan could have - I was hoping for some reasonable discussion about the club and how best to support it but all I hear is outpourings of bile and criticism - sometimes I think you don’t deserve the club - if you’re all so brilliant how come you’re not owners or managers ? 
If we get relegated- and it’s still an if - we will still have a club to support, and I will still be supporting them. 
as for you, frankly, you can say or do whatever you like but don’t dare to claim you speak for anyone other than yourselves. 

Well said

2 hours ago, Port Vale Paul said:

Wowzer, fans causing the damage. What are we supposed to do, just clap and be happy in which way the club is going. Wake up and smell the coffee.

ps. Don't just take the view of fans on OVF, have a look at other social media platforms, majority saying the same.

Social media is for the minority and nutters

58 minutes ago, Rory said:

He'd have more a chance now with his Port Vale record behind him. I'd want to be out of it if I were him.

Same with Carol, why not just enjoy your life?

His recruitment has been piss poor though 

Maybe carol might sell up who knows 

Depends cos if she sticks with Fraudcroft

Be lucky get one man and his dog watching The vale next season if he's not binned off 

Pointless survey. Carol has Flitcroft's back so there is absolutely no way she is going to dump him.

The thing is, people are blaming him for failings that are within the scope for the team manager. The manager knows what shape he wants his team to play and chooses the players that he thinks will play his system. The DoF assists in recruitment, signs the contracts etc but it's the manager that chooses the targets. Does anyone honestly think Darren Moore will have come to VP on any other basis? The club just made a bad (easy?) choice when appointing a manager this time last season. Vale are paying the price for it now.

I still feel that we're a couple of good performances away from mid table. All Darren Moore has to do is bring it out of this group of players. Maybe next season he'll create a side more to his liking but for now it is what it is. I just hope that it doesn't end with the dreaded drop.

12 minutes ago, Heatwave said:

Pointless survey. Carol has Flitcroft's back so there is absolutely no way she is going to dump him.

The thing is, people are blaming him for failings that are within the scope for the team manager. The manager knows what shape he wants his team to play and chooses the players that he thinks will play his system. The DoF assists in recruitment, signs the contracts etc but it's the manager that chooses the targets. Does anyone honestly think Darren Moore will have come to VP on any other basis? The club just made a bad (easy?) choice when appointing a manager this time last season. Vale are paying the price for it now.

I still feel that we're a couple of good performances away from mid table. All Darren Moore has to do is bring it out of this group of players. Maybe next season he'll create a side more to his liking but for now it is what it is. I just hope that it doesn't end with the dreaded drop.

If fans are venting and crowds dwindle 

Carol is going to have to act , end of .

19 hours ago, JoeB2 said:

Fundamentally it is all on Carol.

She didn't have to appoint him.

She didn't have to give him full control when working part-time.

She didn't have to go along with all the silly infrastructure stuff.

She didn't have to sack anyone with any degree of football experience and replace them with family and friends.

She didn't have to appoint Crosby without speaking to anyone else.

She didn't have to stick by Flitcroft as he continued to balls up windows.

She didn't have to choose to side with Flitcroft over the fans when they started to raise concerns.

She didn't have to belittle the fans who were worried.

She didn't have to keep employing a DoF responsible for 11 wins in 53.

Sorry, we can discuss the flaws of the DoF all night, but bucks stops with the decision-maker at the top. Carol has caused all this through conscious, bad decisions she's made which has been driven by a resentment of the average fan. 

BTW she didn't have to buy the club.

With attitude like your post perhaps spending £millions on saving the club  was the worst decision she has made!

The queue of potential buyers was 1 

23 minutes ago, Heatwave said:

I’m sorry but there’s no way 2 managers are culpable for our current squad.  What you’re ignoring is the fact that recruitment of a couple of forwards has been sadly lacking for 3 windows.  The only one slightly questionable is the January prior to DC’s sacking when we recruited Matty Taylor, who on paper looked a decent player but actually turned out to be massively unfit, something which should’ve been taken into account at the time by the “analysts”.

Moore may do better than Crosby, then again there’s no guarantee of anything.  Either way he’s inherited someone else’s players with little chance to get anyone else in.  So even the sacking of Croz was ill timed.  It’s a mess.

Archived