onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cheltenham (A) match thread - 17th Feb

Just now, NW9Valiant said:

Obviously disappointed to concede before HT but I was quite pleased with the effort put in so far. Need to be better at forward play so Wilson off for me. iFollow has crapped out for me so will probably end up missing the second half now.

Is that the audio or live feed? 

Advert

4 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

I'd haul Wilson off and bring on Mighten to add a bit of pace up top alongside Loft, who is at least putting in a shift. Wilson has been diabolical. 

Seems that getting the extn to his contract he has stopped trying.  Just not hearing his name being mentioned on radio.

Just now, MBE said:

Not a great half not helped by some dubious free kicks awarded be the ref including the one for the goal.

To be fair, how many times did Chislett go down in the first half far too easily to try win a free kick?

Every time someone comes near him he falls over. He needs to cut that <ovf censored> out

3 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

We had them last time we played Cheltenham and still lost

But we were being managed by someone who should have been putting out the cones. I refuse to believe that having Arblaster and Devine in the team today instead of Lowe and Wilson wouldn't have made a big, big, difference under a new manager with that new manager bounce.

Vale battled well in difficult conditions.

Looked a harsh free kick give to me for their goal  but surely Vale must close that ball down faster.

Ferry against Massey down Vale's left looks a concern to me and we have to stop giving away silly free kicks around our box given the conditions.

Vale generally look more aggressive, need to scrap for everything this half.

Just now, Valiiant said:

But we were being managed by someone who should have been putting out the cones. I refuse to believe that having Arblaster an Devine in the team today instead of Lowe and Wilson wouldn't have made a big, big, difference under a new manager with that new manager bounce.

But we have not had them 2 players for nearly 2 months between them, so you need to get over it.

If only Darren Beckford didn't get old. he would be a shoe in for today

1 minute ago, PVFC764 said:

Seems that getting the extn to his contract he has stopped trying.  Just not hearing his name being mentioned on radio.

He's just poor. One good game every month or two means nothing. The last person I would want when you're in a dogfight.

1 minute ago, Vtid said:

I’d take Wilson off as well he’s been <ovf censored>. Get Mighten on with some pace 

I’d be looking to bring Mighten on but I’d go 433. No point having 5 in midfield in this type of game on a tight pitch.

1 minute ago, Valiiant said:

He's just poor. One good game every month or two means nothing. The last person I would want when you're in a dogfight.

Way too inconsistent mate! But nobody can criticise him because some have their tongues stuck in his arse. 

The problem with having Arblaster and Devine in the side is that we became over reliant on two teenage loan players. Who were always liable to go back to their clubs in January. It fooled us into believing we had a good team. Then in January we again targeted loan players in the January window instead of permanent players, in some daft belief that we could pull the same trick off again. Devine and Arblaster were a one off as far as premiership loan players are concerned. Doubt if we could ever repeat it. Where are the two new loan players, injured and on the subs bench. We should have been concentrating on experienced permanent signings.

Still 1 - 1 away from home against relegation rivals ain't too bad so far

Archived