onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Blue cards

Advert

On 08/02/2024 at 21:16, valefan79 said:

Utter joke if this goes ahead, stop messing with the game, it's not rugby.  

No.  Its not.

Its nowhere near as good, there's zero respect for the referees, the game and the rules are poorly communicated, and discipline is an utter joke.

Think this is a great idea - give it a chance before slagging it off.

On 16/02/2024 at 17:19, Osh said:

No.  Its not.

Its nowhere near as good, there's zero respect for the referees, the game and the rules are poorly communicated, and discipline is an utter joke.

Think this is a great idea - give it a chance before slagging it off.

All what will happen is if a team goes down to 10 men whilst someone off for 10 minutes is people will continually go down when not injured.  We see it all the time, teams conning the ref a player receives treatment for 2 or 3 minutes when nothing wrong, Ripley an example the other week in order to have a time out and get instructions on.  The refs don't stop the clock like in rugby when the ball is not in play, I can see it now, players will just choose to go down and will make a mockery of it.

This is a great idea in theory. VAR was a great idea in theory. Communism was a great idea in theory. Trouble is these theories have to be put into practice by incompetent idiots. Although I can't wait for the time when a ref goes to pull out a blue card and accidentally pulls out the red and a full scale riot breaks out.

14 hours ago, valefan79 said:

All what will happen is if a team goes down to 10 men whilst someone off for 10 minutes is people will continually go down when not injured.  We see it all the time, teams conning the ref a player receives treatment for 2 or 3 minutes when nothing wrong, Ripley an example the other week in order to have a time out and get instructions on.  The refs don't stop the clock like in rugby when the ball is not in play, I can see it now, players will just choose to go down and will make a mockery of it.

That's not true. Refs are instructed to add the time on. Sorry but you are wrong. 

3 hours ago, Osh said:

That's not true. Refs are instructed to add the time on. Sorry but you are wrong. 

We got different opinions on this one and respect yours but for me the job of the referee is so difficult, feel we will just be adding to it unnecessary.  I feel players will just waste time that never gets added on, last year the average time the ball was in play was 54 minutes but the average game time was 97 minutes.  On a last note with fans moaning about the refs, were just as bad and only see it one way, watching Sheffield United v Brighton, the ref is getting so much abuse from the home fans when a player gets sent off for a challenge that is a leg breaker and truly shocking.  Brighton score a second when home fans up in arms about a corner when it was clearly a corner, I'm on my own I think but fans only see it one way.

On 17/02/2024 at 19:58, valefan79 said:

I thought that Stevenage had taken it to a new level with the coach walking around to the goal with a drinks bottle to tell their goalkeeper to lie down so Evans could talk to the players. 

Archived