onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

An Open Letter from Carol

Just now, Killersrevenge44 said:

Where's the money? January window...nothing. Players leaving left right and centre. Something isn't working

I hear you.  I really do.   And if DF really has brought in his salary many times over then it really needs investing back into the product rather than being spent off the pitch.   It's a money pit unfortunately, but I'm sure they were well aware of this when taking it on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Advert

A much lighter read😀

All I need is Flitcroft to show leadership front up and explain the whys what’s and therefore of the past 2 weeks instead of hiding in the shadows. 

I couldn’t care less saying this was a mistake or that was a mistake. All I want to hear is why we here are right now. Why we couldn’t get any deals over the line? What was the reasoning behind sacking Crosby after backing him 1 game previously? Are we planning to bring in free agents? 

Even if worse case scenario the budget is tight we couldn’t afford to bring players telll us. You have to communicate to fans so we understand constraints and direction we are heading. At that point it does t matter if we agree or not but we know where we stand.

Instead a wall of silence and very ill judged letter.

Leadership from a Director I don’t think is asking too much.

I really hope a club employee reads this and takes it in on board. 

Edited by MBE
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

Just win games of football!

It shouldn’t be this tricky. Open letters and meltdown.

Just win, ffs.

I think most supporters would be happy with a bit of effort and direction on the pitch.  You aren't going to win every game, but at least you can try.   And effort comes in many different forms.  Tactics, Players brought in, physical, identifying things that aren't working and coming up with solutions.  The football side of things has zero identity or direction.

Edited by Brighton Valiant
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, MBE said:

A much lighter read😀

All I need is Flitcroft to show leadership front up and explain the whys what’s and therefore of the past 2 weeks instead of hiding in the shadows. 

I couldn’t care less saying this was a mistake or that was a mistake. All I want to hear is why we here are right now. Why we couldn’t get any deals over the line? What was the reasoning behind sacking Crosby after backing him 1 game previously? Are we planning to bring in free agents? 

Even if worse case scenario the budget is tight we couldn’t afford to bring players telll us. You have to communicate to fans so we understand constraints and direction we are heading. At that point it does t matter if we agree or not but we know where we stand.

Instead a wall of silence and very ill judged letter.

Leadership from a Director I don’t think is asking too much.

Well said, transparency is needed.  Tell the fans reality however hard it may be to take.  Communication is better than conflict.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Aguar61 said:

Along with poor recruitment, awful playing style,flat atmosphere ...what else can you judge a football club on. Where have you come from all of a sudden?

We can only blame the flat atmosphere on ourselves 

And don’t say it’s because of the standard on the pitch as against burton chance go top it was dead 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, PVP said:

Well said, transparency is needed.  Tell the fans reality however hard it may be to take.  Communication is better than conflict.

I’m part of the Supporters Summit group and it was the very 1st thing highlighted  at the 1st meeting.

Don’t bunker down ignore the noise when it’s bad. You have to communicate the why in good and bad times and you bring fans with you.

Sadly its fallen on deaf ears.

Edited by MBE
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, MBE said:

I’m part of the Supporters Summit group and it was the very 1st thing highlighted  at the 1st meeting.

Don’t bunker down ignore the noise when it’s bad. You have to communicate the why in good and bad times and you bring fans with you.

Sadly its fallen on deaf ears.

In all fairness we have just had a supporters open meeting and a statement from the owner 

16 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

We can only blame the flat atmosphere on ourselves 

And don’t say it’s because of the standard on the pitch as against burton chance go top it was dead 

The marketing at the club is horrendous. 

You should have at a club like Vale where there are empty seats when we doing well never mind when we are doing absolutely terribly a cheap end a end they should just try fill a end where folk come along pay what they they think is the going rate to watch the team they wouldn't normally bother go watch obviously bear minimum payment say 10 pounds .

German clubs do it charge low prices for football supporters and there ends are full of folk coming to get behind there respective clubs .

For that chance go top with it being on a Tues night (not surprised they lost are our players scared of the darkon that <ovf censored> playing night  )there should have being marketing like when annihilated them 7 -1 that time .

I was away the goals conceded were of a very low standard required .

The atmospheres have being at times ok when the players have played with intensity but let's face it  what is it have we lost 7 or 8 games at home including let's be scared stiff of Middlesborough no show .

Things need change including innovation to get folk in the ground

Players doing a job of getting them out need moving out the club ASAP,moving  forwards be replaced by players who get them in the ground ,or improve dramatically to which on present form most must do or going end up 13 /14 home defeats out of 28 games including league cup .

How's that sell anything 

It's bloody rubbish these players need step up or do one m8 

Edited by Devine intervention