onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

An Open Letter from Carol

23 minutes ago, Raveninblack said:

I have complete respect for Carol but absolutely none for Flitcroft and there is little doubt we will be relegated and I don’t thing Flitcroft could run a bath let alone the next manager but without further investment I I don’t know where we are heading and forget championship ready, we are league two ready 

Thing is, Carol has invested in the club. Flitcroft has been given money to bring in players, the problem is he has not done well in the players he has brought in, every transfer window we become weaker. The managers lose their jobs but the problem is deeper than the managers.

• Like 3

Advert

3 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Some fans like myself would prefer to see the fans rallying around a club statement sticking together and doing our best at matches help them out of the mess they have put us in not turning there back on them like a few have said they will do 

I would prefer the fans to do this, need to get behind the team to try and fight off relegation but it ain’t easy to motivate ourselves when statements like this come out and we have to force our way to Vale park knowing we are most likely to lose and looking at Tuesdays game, the players have given up as well. Leaders need to inspire and at the moment we are not seeing strong leadership within the club.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, andy jones said:

According to Mike Baggaley's updates she is putting in a million a year isn't she?

Synectics Solutions is loaning us a million a year. Obviously they're loans with no fixed repayment details, but it's not like she has a millions sitting around she can keep spending. 

• Like 2

Think about it if we didn't give DC a five year contract we wouldn't have had to employ the next in line .

Everything what has happened to Vale is a series of unfortunate events .

Personally I feel that no unfortunate events should ever happen to the shanahans payed over the odds keep our club in existence to prise away from greedy selfish man .

After we lost at home to Newport snd Bristol Rovers well attended games do you really think we were going make it too league 1,I didn't thought we blew it , well we did let's not let history repeat itself with 2nd year syndrome relegation .

I'm.angry where we are  in the league mostly for the shanahans .

Every player has to up there application 10 per cent some 40 or 50 per cent and get us away from lower echelons of league 1 .

It's going be a fantastic league next year with some of the clubs coming up and potentially down .

My mates the other night were hard in the tooth football fans Vale fans big ones who regularly go  away season ticket holders ,and i was saying oh no looks like going down there reply Chesterfields a good away day and it's just football ,a astonishing calm attitude to the plight we in .

We have 18×90 plus do something about it .

After that the table will not lie .

For the shanahans I hope we continue to be a league 1 club .

That’s one way of looking at it.
Another way might be to explore why the club needs to have £1m injected to continue trading. I suspect paying off sacked managers and coaching staff, investing in grandiose off field facilities and having an on field product that is haemorrhaging customers probably don’t help. Nor does criticising those same customers for having the audacity to dare raise questions about the state of on field affairs.
It definitly isn't going on the squad as usual the Port Vale first team is neglected.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I think it is easy to say that it is Carols money and we have to keep Carol onside but if the football is continually dreadful people won't go to watch.  Plenty of businesses have failed due to the management not understanding the customer. I have been watching Vale for over 20 years but I am wondering about giving it up. Leyton Orient showed how football should be played, with a team of players who knew how to play for each other and wanted to score goals. We are neither entertaining to watch nor successful.

Good post that is , mate.

1 hour ago, Raveninblack said:

I have complete respect for Carol but absolutely none for Flitcroft 

I guess I still do from the financial risk perspective, and she clearly is passionate about the club being the center of the local community, but the content of the letter for me is a complete error of judgement.  Ironically she mentions she has made mistakes.  That letter, imho (for what it's worth), is one of them.

Hopefully the club can survive in L1, even if only by the skin of their teeth or by pure luck, and most of this debacle will be forgotten.   Unless next season is repeat of the last two. of course.

Edited by Brighton Valiant

7 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I’m not sure what in that statement there is to rally around. It’s just a constant dig at the fans and no acceptance of any blame / negatives what so ever. I’m really not sure what there is to rally around. We have no manager, a clueless DOF and a chairwoman who seems completely oblivious to any negatives and has been completely hoodwinked by Flitcroft. On the playing side again, what is there to back? The players aren’t turning up. The last two games they may has well have not bothered, Ripley aside. Players posting rubbish on social media and then putting in some of the most gutless performances going (Wilson). 

I agree we do all need to get behind the club, but there really isn’t much to rally behind at the moment. 

I guarantee if on Saturday the players show some fight and effort the fans that are there will back them. 

Fantastic post mate 👍🏻 

1 hour ago, PVFC764 said:

He has probably done a lot behind the scenes and offered advice on getting the ground up to spec.  But there again was that Colin Garlic advice?  However, when it comes to getting the players into the club it seems to have failed big style and wants them to play a style they just cant play either.  Also left big decisions (if he made them) till it was too late - eg:  AC being removed.   This should have happened back in Oct 23.  

I can't see Carol and Co getting rid of Flickers till he has taken the club to the brink.  

Lucky he knew someone with a building company...

2 minutes ago, Emile said:

I'll get behind the club again with a good experienced managerial appointment

I don't care if it's an interim or long term

You can just see the reaction if it’s another coach or cheap option & it’ll be fully justified mate