onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

An Open Letter from Carol

I suspect Brightons rise up the leagues was due to having some cracking managers (Adams, Taylor, Hughton etc), and investing in decent first team players.  Personnel was the key, not facilities.
Yeah because they are still playing at Withdean sports field because they haven't got the multi million pound Amex stadium set up

Advert

3 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

So where are we getting the money from you muppit Nippy. The only way we are getting extra cash is by using academy facilities etc to grow players and sell them. Or we can spend are money over the next 4 years and go into administration. Which one sounds better Nippy?

Spending money on better 

Players sounds better to me 🙄

• Like 1

I think Carol has given far more than she is getting back in her loyalty to people. Robbie Williams gets a presidency but should’ve done far more to earn that. 

Flitcroft has achieved very little and is certainly harming Carol’s status amongst fans…but yet he as her unwavering backing. He would deserve it if he had got us to the Champ or made some savvy signings. 

I don’t think she is demanding enough of people. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

Or what I think you would like is for us to spend money on players and do alright in league 1 for a couple of years before running out of cash and getting relegated and repeat. Just like what we have been doing for 20 years.

Is that you Dave? 

Wake up, we have run out of cash and are, looking at the table likely to get relegated. 

We have managed that even with Flitcroft’s growth plan of spending the money on an academy that I have yet to see or training facilities that seem to have fundamentally changed little. The gym for example..still in Lorne Street, not moved. 

Seats stuck in for Robbie..not because of the club or fans but for a vanity gig for a tired has-been. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dr Delgado said:

I am a Vale fan because of Tommy McClaren and his tenacious tackling and 100% commitment. 
I am a Vale fan because we beat Burnley at home in the FA cup in 1977.

I am a Vale fan because Ally Brown scored a last minute goal at Macclesfield when we really needed it. 
I am a Vale fan because of the wonder goal Jimmy Greenhoff scored against York. 
I am a Vale fan because of the header Van Der Lan scored at Anfield.

I am a Vale fan because of the goal Foyle scored in the FA cup to knock Stoke out.

I could go on, all these reasons have one thing in common, that being, they all happened out on the pitch. People won’t want to be Vale fans because we’ve got a good training pitch, the best exec boxes or the best scoreboard. 

If we the fan base know what matters how come the powers that be don’t. ?
If nothing good happens on the pitch then nothing good will happen on the terraces.

Good point! That is the crux of the matter since January 23 the football on offer has been poor to say the least apart the odd game. Like yourself after many years watching the Vale it is the special moments that keep us coming back.

• Like 1

I haven't read all of it  but I can guess she's defending DF and rightly so in my opinion .

On our gates do you really feel we can be self sustainable .

At a guess we having sell these excellent young players balance the books .

DF is very much behind all that. 

None of our supporters like losing but in my opinion the protest gang are ganging up on the wrong people ,the players are 100 per cent to blame once they cross than line they must have a winning team mentality the fact they lose so often well to me there weak mentalities allow that be the case .

Some of the decisions at  the top have completely baffled me but let's not get away from the fact Cambridge are 4 points and about 6 places above us .

It's not unredeemable at all 

Bring a winner in as a manager and get them slackers working therr proverbial off and winning games for Vale .

I've seen 4-0 home defeat v Burton and 5 -0 v Walsall one sorry season nothing could ever be that bad .

Make sure we ain't relegated players or I'm.coming for you 

UTV 

12 minutes ago, Vtid said:

I’ve given myself a headache on this forum today to be honest mate. Going enjoy my night & come back tomorrow I think 😂 I will be devastated if we go down! Not because we’ll be playing awful teams at awful grounds etc but because this club hasn’t had a lot of success and it’s a good club that deserves it. Fingers crossed we get a good manager in asap as our form really needs to change. Enjoy your banter with valiant. he’s a stubborn one so will go on a while 🤣

It’s a great club but a really tough one to get success with 

The next appointment is obviously massive for us all including DF 

Have a good night I’m going try log out myself 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

I guess it depends on our definition of 'hobnobbing', but I'll go with the Google defintion of: mix socially, especially with those of perceived higher social status.

Within the last 2 weeks, they had a top-secret Robbie Williams event, privately emailed out to box-holders or certain branches of hospitality. They were asked for their number plate, and once all the cars were inside, they locked the gates to the car park. No open invite. No tickets. No random ballot. Select few, hush hush, don't tell the plebs.

Hob-nobbing with a pop star who hasn't been seen for years, whilst on the other side of the ground there's pensioners walking across a car park to a portaloo.

Joe

We live in a very violent world. RW is famous and no doubt has to be protected.

Don't blame the club for taking these security measures. A nutter in New York robbed the world of one of the very best surely you wouldn't want a repetition of that.

For what it's worth mate I chose my usual pre-match pint with mates in the Bulls Head.

• Like 1

We have been lacking quality players since promotion,we started our first game back in league one without a recognised striker and used another Tommy Mac up front,17 yr old midfielder Tommy Mcdermott on that day,immediately we were losing the momentum of promotion,we have muddled through ever since an injury hit squad,players not up to the task played out of position and its not good enough.we now reap what Carol et al have sown

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Joe

We live in a very violent world. RW is famous and no doubt has to be protected.

Don't blame the club for taking these security measures. A nutter in New York robbed the world of one of the very best surely you wouldn't want a repetition of that.

For what it's worth mate I chose my usual pre-match pint with mates in the Bulls Head.

Well done mate.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

I guess it depends on our definition of 'hobnobbing', but I'll go with the Google defintion of: mix socially, especially with those of perceived higher social status.

Within the last 2 weeks, they had a top-secret Robbie Williams event, privately emailed out to box-holders or certain branches of hospitality. They were asked for their number plate, and once all the cars were inside, they locked the gates to the car park. No open invite. No tickets. No random ballot. Select few, hush hush, don't tell the plebs.

Hob-nobbing with a pop star who hasn't been seen for years, whilst on the other side of the ground there's pensioners walking across a car park to a portaloo.

So we are talking about a small/tiny percentage of the people who use the hospitality? Also, I don't perceive those in hospitality being of a higher social class.

I still find this rhetoric divisive and not necessary. It's like 'them' 'they' and 'us'. 

Those in hospitality are Vale fans.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Bimbleabout said:

Yeah because they are still playing at Withdean sports field because they haven't got the multi million pound Amex stadium set up emoji849.png

Failing to understand the point of this comment.  Thats now? They are a premier league team but they were promoted from League One whilst at the Withdean, no?

And their training facilities didn't materialise until a few years later.

Edited by Brighton Valiant