Advert

An Open Letter from Carol

Advert

1 minute ago, DazFred said:

No

But I wouldn't expect her to

Flitcroft out over and over until he goes

9 minutes ago, davehartshill said:

“Dave understood the football industry inside out and aligned with my values. The only issue was Dave wasn’t working in football and had no plans to be. He had stepped away from football to be with his family.”

Didn’t have plans to get involved in football but walks in the door and manages to create a new position at a club he wasn’t involved with? Yeah, right. 

[E] He has led the design of the Training Zone which the players change in with a physio room, boot room and ice baths as well as a new first team office for the coaching staff - both of which have been built. On top of this, he has created plans for a gym and offices overlooking the training pitches with work set to start this year.”

Eh? We have had more injuries in the squad over the last 3 seasons than I can ever remember us having. 

The money should have been spent on the playing squad ,

wake up carol 

Flitcroft is a conman 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bycarsbill said:

Good on you  Carol! Thank you for your letter.  I hope that all PV fans will read it,  reflect upon it and give thanks for the ownership we've got. I for one, certainly do!

Carol and Kevin are nice people, good at business and PV and its fans owe a BIG debt of gratitude that it is they who saved us from the misery of the Smurf era and yet another potential administration.  

Secondly, Carol recognised early on that running a football club is like no other type of business and sensibly hired in DF, someone she felt was not only the right calibre of person but had sufficient footballing knowledge to help bring to life some of the aims for our club that she & Kevin had defined.

As is clearly shown in the open letter, what has been achieved in such a relatively short time span is nothing short of a minor miracle.  Of course mistakes have occurred as Carol freely admits. Perhaps one of those is the delay in reminding us all just what has been happening behind the scenes.  As fans we are always much more focused (understandably) and myopic, concentrating only on what is occurring on-pitch.  

However, I sincerely hope that Carol's letter makes us all reflect and temper the extremely harsh (and sometimes, vindictive) barbs that are appearing in too many recent posts. I finished that earlier post this week, by stating that while I obviously do not want us to be relegated, I would prefer to be solvent in League Two under sensible, caring ownership, than being run towards financial ruin by the unrealistic expectations of an ego-driven owner. 

Yes, on the playing side, I'm as disappointed as the next person that we don't have a big enough and better balanced squad.  At the end of the day in any business, (and football, for all its quirks and foibles, is still a business) costs always have to be balanced against revenue and, DF no doubt, like the other departmental sections of PV's business, has to work within budget constraints. Unfortunately in football that is where reality and expectations clash--see my same earlier post and its comments about some Premiership clubs and EFLclubs' with financial problems and subsequent official sanctions. I am not here to defend DF but consider this when taking a pop at him; added to the usual budgetary constraints he has to work to, there are also the complexities and complications always inherent in transfer market dealings with players' injuries, fitness, motivation, egos and sometimes, agents & salary expectations. 

Finally, a heartfelt plea: can we all please recognise how lucky we are to have a  Chair like Carol.  Please stop the totally unwarranted abuse and extreme criticism and get behind her, Kevin, the club's executives and, of course the next manager and team. One can clearly feel in that open letter, some of the frustration & hurt that Carol understandably must feel. In my humble opinion, she & Kevin are the best thing to happen to PV for many a long year.  The last thing we need, is for Carol to decide that the level of animosity to her being expressed by some individuals' is not worth the aggravation. 

UTV! 

I fully support Kevin.

• Haha 1

An epic letter carol, well-done. From a supporters view, no one can argue with your case. I think the main problem is openess with regard to signings and the future of the ground.no one has come out and stated why we haven't signed any strikers, nothing has been said regarding where the monies from youth transfers has gone. A championship ground is no good in the lower divisions. too much emphasis has been put on looking after players, no team has ever won anything that didnt have nasty players in the team.  Leeds, arsenal, Liverpool, man utd etc. they are more competitive and will run through brick walls.as for flickers, now's the time to excell and sort the club out. Good luck 18 games to go, a lot has got to change.

• Like 4

Due. to years of financial neglect pvfc both on and off the pitch is a work in progress and during her tenure carol has done a superb  job as she describes above.

unfortunately progress isn’t always linearly upwards and vale have hit a playing hiccup and survival in Lge 1 is going to be tough due to a number of reasons. 

Although the finger points at DF, Carol needs  him at the moment and further disruption would be detrimental imho. 

get behind carol, get players back from injury, appoint a manager as there’s still ample time to turn this around.

• Like 6