onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

An Open Letter from Carol

Advert

This is a good letter from their point of view to ease the protests, however, all it will do is light the touch paper and it wont end well for either party. 

However, he is part of "What's on the pitch" side of things - so is responsible for it.  He should have sacked or brought it up with Carol and family about how the manager was not working and should have been released a lot earlier.  The fans could see it back in Oct 23 it was not working anymore.  No he waits till the window has closed so a new manager does not have the facility to bring in or get players out so he work with them to save our Div Status.  Seems a bit like he is trying to sabotage things.

Could understand one bad transfer window - but we have had several bad windows where we needed strikers and other positions and guess what failed big style.  This has made us worse each Jan window, as some of the panic signings have taken months to get match fit, or the style of play does not suit their playing style and they look useless.  

Funny part - keep us in this league.  Well that isn't going to happen this year is it.  So a big fail on that one.

Be honest with the fans.  Say we are skint and your trying to keep the club afloat by several cost measures and looking at investment avenues.  You may be surprised how much support the fans give you and cut you some slack.  

Edited by PVFC764
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, steauavaliant said:
1 hour ago, PVFC FAN said:
Have a bit of hope. One thing go's wrong and you lot are all angry. Yes look at the negatives but non of you lot look at any positives.

"You lot"?

Yes. All the negative ones. Sorry if I hurt your feelings mate

7 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

Look at the academy system that's been put in place and is substantialy increasing the money the club has available to them. Just look at the infrastructure that has been put in place. Flitcroft has got a lot of things right but he's also got things wrong I'm not denying that. You can't deny most vale fans tend to look at only the negatives.

Ok an infrastructure like that all fine and dandy. Don't you speculate to accumulate like for example Peterborough do.

Where's our transfer fees for these youngsters been fed back in and signing the next potential big sale for proper money. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

But we can not progress in league 1 if we are in league 2

Go down to league 2 and then progress to league 1 with good facilities and an academy producing talented youngsters to give us a bigger budget. I'm not saying they want us to go down. We need to invest in these sorts of things now so we don't have to later I'm afraid. It's been neglected for 20 years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

52 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

I'm not saying it to console myself. Nobody wants relegation & it would be a massive hit like you say, but do I think we'd be scraping around fighting for survival in League 2 like last time... no. I think we'd rebuild & bounce back faster than we did last time we dropped.

I'm not saying relegation is okay, it's really not. But if we do drop I think we're better placed as a club to be okay in League 2. I certainly don't envisage us dropping out of the Football League like we almost did on multiple occasions last time.

I'm just trying to look at things longer term. At the moment whether we like it or not, we're a top half League 2/bottom half league 1 club. It's no massive surprise that we find ourselves in exactly that kind of position. 

Next managerial appointment is massive.

Agreed but if they appoint Mark Kenned,  I fear there will truly be a rebellion. There is nothing in his CV that suggests he is the answer to Vale's problems

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Ok an infrastructure like that all fine and dandy. Don't you speculate to accumulate like for example Peterborough do.

Where's our transfer fees for these youngsters been fed back in and signing the next potential big sale for proper money. 

Probably loading up the budget for a promotion push or for a team that can give us a solid foothold in league 1.

2 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Do you work for the club? Friend of Lancy Tonys maybe?

Ye mate I don't give a flying <ovf censored> if your offended by me saying you lot.I dunno why I'm getting pulled up for that when other fans are actually pulling me up and put decent opinions across for me to reply to.

17 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

Ye I'm not just on about the fan zone mate. I'm on about facilities for training the first team and for the academy. We haven't invested in them for 20 years. We won't get further than league 1 if we don't. We need a bigger budget if we are going to get to the championship and all these improvement will give us the money. Also yes I agree Robbie is useless unless he exposes the club more to the media or actually invests into the club.

How will ice baths and a office overlooking training pitches make us money ?

• Haha 1