onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

An Open Letter from Carol

Advert

If Carol isn't looking to sell and get out of Port Vale I think she is absolutely puddled. Life is short, get out and enjoy the days you're blessed with on this earth instead of dealing with the nonsense.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Warren said:

Integrity.

The letter has very little about it in regards to actual football. Which is very telling on where her priorities lie. She should have made it clear that the current shambles is unacceptable and nobody is beyond criticism. However it is clear that Flitcroft is and she doesn’t think 4th bottom in league 1 is too bad. 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, NW9Valiant said:

As a technical director helping around the club, Flitcroft has probably done himself OK. If there are off the field successes to be grateful for from him, then credit to him. But, as a DOF, which is his core responsibility over recruitment & our style of play, not so much. Though I will concede that we don't know the ins and out of budget, and whether within those restrictions and circumstances whether he's done well out of that. But that is by the by, because we've shown little pragmatism and opted for the cheap way out.

Carol seems to suggest that he has done a good job on all counts; which is surprising when there's the admittance that he is there because of 'values' and because the owners don't actually have much of a clue with running a club. That competency from the owners is fine, and to be expected, to need to rely on somebody with more of a football background how to deliver. No one person can do all the tricks of the trade. 

For me the key problem with Flickers is the recruitment and tactical approach, which we can lay at his door firmly considering this need for possession football, 3 at the back nonsense that we don't have much business trying to succeed in with one of the lowest budgets in the league. We need to be more pragmatic, and work to those goals, but we seem to be the definition of insanity at the moment. If Flitcroft can't see the wood for the trees then we should be bringing in somebody else. Carol has been in charge long enough to have made other connections in football and get more character references on suitors, and Flickers himself. 

There are mistakes in certain areas of investment for sure, but there's no admitting that. In fact, Carol says she has made mistakes but won't say what. I find that a bit strange. I'm very disappointed at the inference that Carol wants Vale to be the Crewe Alex of the area or something, satisfied with knowing our place as long as players are sold. Or if the thinking is we could emulate Brentford, we are going about it in an odd way, definitely the wrong direction.

I'm not attacking Carol at all by any means. But our approach is certainly wrong at the moment and we are in danger of going down. I just plead that which ever manager comes in, let them be pragmatic about our setup so we can stay in this division. We can worry about our styles of play, recruitment, club vision later. This is a results business. Sticking by principles and vision in the face of our current rut is only going to end one way, I'm afraid. And dwindling attendances pretty much show it.

It would be a good olive branch to reassess the footballing structure with a fresh pair of eyes in the summer, and that does mean no Flitcroft. Surely there are others out there with values and a vision how to realise our goals with a realistic frame of mind. If you have ambition to be 'Championship ready', you need to be ruthless. Being nice because 'it's the right thing to do' makes us stagnant at best, regressive at our worst. 

Really hoping the managerial appointment comes soon and not beholden to DF in any way whatsoever. Too much is at stake to carry on like we have been.

The worrying part being she admits she’s made mistakes but Flitcroft isn’t one of them! Scary to think what mistakes she has actually made 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I also love how survival in League One was literally the last thing on the list. Openly willing to sacrifice our League One status and most likely a huge loss in potential revenue in season ticket sales etc for the sake of a bloke who hoodwinked his way into a job that was not even advertised.

• Like 9
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, onestepatatime said:

I feel as though fans have been hauled infront of the Headmistress and given a lecture on who is in charge. Condescending to say the least. However it is now abundantly clear who Carol believes is in charge  and that's DF.  Up to fans now  to decide if she's correct. I fear for my Club now.

The statement is basically saying

can we stop criticizing Flitcroft

The guys failed with recruitment

across the board , us fans have every 

right to criticise the direction 

Our club seems to be sinking at the moment, Carol seems to be the only one who can't see that Flitcroft is a Fraud 

Edited by Nippy Naylor
  • Like 4