David Flitcroft Out

Flitcroft out?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Should David Flitcroft go?

• Yes
    • No

Advert

5 minutes ago, pete vale said:

Lose 2,000 ST sales at £300/ ticket is £600K. It may be more than that friend at this rate. We 'may' go back to only 2/2.5K ST holders instead of the 5K+ now. A lot of people I speak to have had enough, money is tight. I personally have threatened to 'finish' many times but have continued to buy in the end. I wouldn't take the chance in the current climate on people doing so.

Did we release how many ST's were sold this season? I must have missed that. I would be very surprised if we only sold 2k season tickets next season. When was the last time we sold 2k? 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Loggerheads Sage said:

Holt at Accy reckoned a million.  My guess, 3 quarters,  including away support.   Depends how we do in L2 of course 

We will lose more than Accy, their gates are a lot lower than ours and won’t suffer as much. I’d also say we have more sponsorship money coming in and that will decrease.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, WV said:

Did we release how many ST's were sold this season? I must have missed that. I would be very surprised if we only sold 2k season tickets next season. When was the last time we sold 2k? 

Thin we sold around 5,500, I think that will decrease to around the 4,000 mark in division 2 next season and less than that the following season.

In JR'S. Book, he travelled 100s of miles to view potential players,sometimes two matchyes on the same day, many hours away from home in a jalopy of car supplied by Bill Bell, this is professional devotion to the club, I wonder what Flicroft has done , I suspect he's a telephone traveller, both him and Moore needs to  take a this leaf out of a masters book, and BTW Carol,  Flitcroft has never paid back or ever will the extent of JR'S time, ability, and  monetary results to our club, so think on Carol you may own the ground but club belongs to the supporters, historical and future, JR knew this hence the statue to be built, so for these two characters Flitcroft and Moore either start to learn from the master his record and his book or has we say in the Potteries dialect,  "Bugger thee sen off," and for you Carol before it all turns sour, find some dignity to rid us of your misguided appointment of an inept carpet bagger.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, TonyD said:

Yesterday saw Mal Benning playing against us and having a decent game.  Nothing barn storming but steady.  That highlights exactly why we are in this mess.

Moving Mal on wasn't a problem, not replacing him with somebody better is.  You can draw a list of players we have moved on since Jan 2023 and you won't find many have been upgraded on.

We are here for one reason alone, recruitment or rather the failure of recruitment.  To my mind, David Flitcroft is responsible for these things and has to carry the can.

i think that since  promotion you can list quite a few players that have gone or been moved on and be hard pressed to say the replacements that we got in have been better. It’s been a disaster. 

Edited by PV1973
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, TonyD said:

Yesterday saw Mal Benning playing against us and having a decent game.  Nothing barn storming but steady.  That highlights exactly why we are in this mess.

Moving Mal on wasn't a problem, not replacing him with somebody better is.  You can draw a list of players we have moved on since Jan 2023 and you won't find many have been upgraded on.

We are here for one reason alone, recruitment or rather the failure of recruitment.  To my mind, David Flitcroft is responsible for these things and has to carry the can.

Mal Benning will not have an easier game all season. I sit just past the 18 yard box in the railway and I’ve never seen sang in line with me and wanting to receive the ball. When he does receive a pass it’s always in his own half or on the half way line. We never ever get high up the pitch and try and hurt teams. It’s been an absolute disaster this season. Sooner it’s over with the better. We’ve recruited players (bad ones) who can clearly not play the way Flitcroft wants to play.  

Jesse debrah is starting to annoy me more each week also. Can he ever play a pass out without kicking it out of play. ? He’s steady centre half in the national league he’s a million miles off this league. He’s not the only of course . 

Edited by sandyford_valiant
  • Like 4

The main issue DoF has built a really unbalanced squad with a fancy full vision of a playing style of Pep or Arteta to attract topflight loanee players.

A 352 formations to be successful massively relies on having 3 central defender's that have pace, great distribution skills / ball carriers, consistent (very few mistakes) also intelligent enough to hand off forwards between them as the ball goes down different flanks - In my opinion at our level, they don't exist, or they would be topflight players.

On to wingbacks need to be able to defend, tackle, mark the wide player (not let them drift off unmarked at the back post), have pace, stamina, be able to beat first man and be able to cross a ball - In my opinion we have none.

On to the mid field, need to be able to tackle, receive ball, distribute, ball carry, track back and create space - In my opinion we lack movement, since Olly and Alfie went back in Jan (they really carried the team and papered over the cracks).

On the front line, Pep successfully played without a 9 because of strength in depth of the team (footballers who can play most positions interchangeable), but when he found an exceptional one, he slightly changed the system. We don't have that luxury. We don't play to the forward strengths as the system is too rigid. The tactics this season, I seen us play Josh Thomas as a 9 to hold the ball up at 5ft8 never going to work, we rarely used his pace. Wilson not a 9, but a 10 needs ball to feet. Loft well, I'm still uncertain of his strengths (panic buy, but tracked him for months, did DoF ever look at goal to game ratio...). At least Uche caused chaos in opposition defence giving time and space for others.  We can't rely on attacking midfielders to score all the goals.

So, we are left with players not playing in their positions of strength to fit a broken system of ball retention at all costs (sideways backwards) for Prem teams benefit, for us being their extended academy's only to recall if things work out. Our academy players should be on season long loans to lower levels, but instead make up a large portion of the squad. We have released a lot better players than we have now in the squad.

Carol you been sold, a pipe dream, from a Charlatan, who came for an interview to be manager. If DoF is not released, we will be National League ready if we are lucky and if and when he is released, I fear it will take a few seasons to rebuild.

In the mean time gates will shrink, up take of early birds season tickets and and season tickets will be very very low.

Just give DoF the red card 🟥, so we can prep and start for next season reconstruction early.

In fact why don't we all take red cards to next home game to visualise to Carol our discontent on DoF.

Rant over 🤬

Edited by Perseus
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I would really love to know if Flitcroft thinks he is doing a good job. Not the bluster and fluff from the fans forums etc, just deep down whether he thinks:

"I've made a mess of this, I have to get his next window right or it'll be me finished and my reputation ruined"

Or

"I don't really care, I'm on a winner here and I'm doing perfectly fine"

But being as he doesn't speak, we'll never know.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Granville said:

I would really love to know if Flitcroft thinks he is doing a good job. Not the bluster and fluff from the fans forums etc, just deep down whether he thinks:

"I've made a mess of this, I have to get his next window right or it'll be me finished and my reputation ruined"

Or

"I don't really care, I'm on a winner here and I'm doing perfectly fine"

But being as he doesn't speak, we'll never know.

He does speak, but only when he is in control of the output e.g. no independent media asking unscripted questions.

• Like 3

My solutions to get our fanbase back onside -  sack off Fraudcroft, sack off Moore but hopefully he's got a release clause and he can go if we're relegated either way get shot and bring in Gaz Ainsworth who should have been given the managers job when crosby was binned off and reduce season tickets to £250 with 20% off purchases in the club shop to any season ticket holders  🤔 I know it's going nuclear but eh oh.🤨

Edited by Nippy Naylor

1 hour ago, Nippy Naylor said:

My solutions to get our fanbase back onside -  sack off Fraudcroft, sack off Moore but hopefully he's got a release clause and he can go if we're relegated either way get shot and bring in Gaz Ainsworth who should have been given the managers job when crosby was binned off and reduce season tickets to £250 with 20% off purchases in the club shop to any season ticket holders  🤔 I know it's going nuclear but eh oh.🤨

TBH I don't think any of those things will happen.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Perseus said:

He does speak, but only when he is in control of the output e.g. no independent media asking unscripted questions.

That reminds me, Carol said in her open letter that Flitcroft had never turned down an interview, which may have been the case in the past, however it's clear Radio Stoke have now asked to interview him and he's not agreed to it, so Carol can't use that to defend him any further.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Granville said:

That reminds me, Carol said in her open letter that Flitcroft had never turned down an interview, which may have been the case in the past, however it's clear Radio Stoke have now asked to interview him and he's not agreed to it, so Carol can't use that to defend him any further.

Yes alluded to by Phil Bowers.

As for his Fraudcast which I fell hook line and sinker for , it would be excellent if a fan did rock up at reception and have a chat with him as he said he would do.

Not happening is it. All guff and hot air,I'd imagine he would conveniently be away or in a meeting. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1