David Flitcroft Out

Flitcroft out?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Should David Flitcroft go?

• Yes
    • No

Advert

9 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I still don't think that Clarke was either decent or the right choice. He was backed to the hilt and decimated our squad by bringing in his yes men players. We are struggling now because the soul has been ripped out of the squad. None of the players other than Smith and the kids have any affinity to Port vale and it shows. Everyone reveres John Rudge, his skill was gradually evolving the squad by replacing the worst players with better players over time so that there was continuity. Everything bad that happens to a club managed by Clarke is someone elses fault and everything good is down to him, in his mind anyway. Look at Walsall after he spent all their money wrecking their squad and then bailed out. I have nothing personal against Darrell, he is just a dreamer like Flitcroft.

He’s not as bad as you make out, he’s done a good job at most the clubs he’s been at on division 2, however he’s not as good as a lot make out, he has always struggled in division 1 but like Crosby, he had a very poor transfer window when we were doing very well for the first 4 months after promotion, don’t think you can blame Clarke for that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, philpvfc said:

He’s not as bad as you make out, he’s done a good job at most the clubs he’s been at on division 2, however he’s not as good as a lot make out, he has always struggled in division 1 but like Crosby, he had a very poor transfer window when we were doing very well for the first 4 months after promotion, don’t think you can blame Clarke for that. 

He also blames him for global warming and the cost of living crisis no doubt.

which of the ‘deadwood 2021’ clearout proved DC wrong by going on to perform well at a higher or even the same level?  NONE, but RZ can’t let that get in the way of a personal vendetta of course.

DC also had the ability to attract players who had played for him before (despite being such a nasty man)  Ellis and Marty Taylor being two.  Marty Taylor, for all his faults already has more League 1 goals at Cheltenham after just 1 1/2 games than Uche and Loft combined.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JoeB2 said:

A lot of words to say 'they appointed the wrong guy in a massive blunder, without speaking to anyone else'.

That’s what you should be said in the first place then there would’ve been no reply from me, wordy or otherwise.  The only thing I’d add is that even you can’t see the future so name whoever you want as manager it’s only ever best guess, so Crosby, Clarke or anyone else could succeed or fail, we’d never know unless they’re given the chance, and more importantly, the tools to do the job, that last bit is down to the DoF and his recruitment team. Oh, and a slice of luck.  Crosby wasn’t blessed with that either.

2 hours ago, philpvfc said:

I didn’t think Flitcroft was involved in the off field stuff, I thought he was responsible for the playing side. Clarke was decent and the right choice but he’s had more backing than any ,manager I can record in 35 years of watching the Vale, and I don’t think Crosby is as bad as a lot make out, maybe he shouldn’t have got the job but I think with better signings he would have easily kept us up as well as getting us further than ever in the League cup. Port Vale have been going backwards since December 22 on the pitch, why? I don’t think it is our owners, some may blame Crosby, myself I blame whoever is responsible for the players we are bringing in. We survived by a few points last season, and nearly all the season was under Clarke, our squad is now worse so what do people expect. If Flitcroft is in charge of the playing side he should be in charge on what players we bring in and controlling the budget, he has failed miserably and will most likely continue to fail with whichever manager we have.

Flitcroft is involved in the whole football side not just the first team.  The first team recruitment has left us short, simple as that.

Just now, Guitar Ray said:

Flitcroft is involved in the whole football side not just the first team.  The first team recruitment has left us short, simple as that.

If you fail at your job you get the sack. 

Usually if a person fails at their job, targets don't get met which means people higher up whom are responsible for those targets, become culpable. 

Swing it any way you want. Players... Dof is culpable

Dof... Owner is culpable

Owner... The fans become culpable for not protesting. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Bald Eagle said:

He also blames him for global warming and the cost of living crisis no doubt.

which of the ‘deadwood 2021’ clearout proved DC wrong by going on to perform well at a higher or even the same level?  NONE, but RZ can’t let that get in the way of a personal vendetta of course.

DC also had the ability to attract players who had played for him before (despite being such a nasty man)  Ellis and Marty Taylor being two.  Marty Taylor, for all his faults already has more League 1 goals at Cheltenham after just 1 1/2 games than Uche and Loft combined.

TBF, most attackive players who have played 20 games or more this season have scored more than the 2 Loft and Uche have scored between them.

49 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

A lot of the youngsters have been at the club longer than Flitcroft. He’s just selling them off.

48 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

TBF, most attackive players who have played 20 games or more this season have scored more than the 2 Loft and Uche have scored between them.

Exactly, but we haven’t been able to sign one!  Most decent centre backs have more than that.  DC did manage to go out and ge5 them through his own contacts / personality / bond with the players named.

Edited by Bald Eagle

1 hour ago, Bald Eagle said:

Exactly, but we haven’t been able to sign one!  Most decent centre backs have more than that.  DC did manage to go out and ge5 them through his own contacts / personality / bond with the players named.

Yep, but when his contacts dried up our performances slipped. He’s done the same again at Cheltenham, signing Pett and Taylor, results picked up when he first went there but it is most likely they will still go down.

Yep, but when his contacts dried up our performances slipped. He’s done the same again at Cheltenham, signing Pett and Taylor, results picked up when he first went there but it is most likely they will still go down.
Even if they do, they will have made a hell of a fist of it. They were dead and buried when he took over