onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Manager is ?

Fosse69

4 hours ago, Bimbleabout said:

Darren why did Sherwood say he shouldn't touch us with a barge pole? Any reasoning for it mate

Probably because he's good pals with Brown from their time together at Spurs.

Can't imagine Brown is privately very complimentary about his time at the Vale, based on the fact it wrecked any career he was hoping to have in management. & smurf was in charge at the time remember, giving the players the left over pies.

We're a different club now. Shame Tim isn't up to date. 

He did touch us, without the required barge pole, & seems very pleased to be here. Good appointment. 

Darren Moores black & white army.

Advert

Can`t wait to welcome BIG D to vale park next weekend. I hope he will inspire us to make a lot more noise than we have recently, I have noticed that the smallest raising of the volume from the stands lifts the players no end, COME ON THE VALE.

40 minutes ago, Bobnewtonian said:

He s a busted flush mate looking for as much money as he can glean off an unsuspecting lower league team as he winds down… hopefully not us.

Not necessarily he’s been on good money at Newcastle then stoke, prob knows he’s going have to take a massive pay cut at this stage of his career at 34 & drop down a league. He would destroy some defences in this league I’d take him all day long. Like you say tho it would all come down to wages mate 👍🏻 If he’s asking for ridiculous amounts then I agree not for us 

23 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

Probably because he's good pals with Brown from their time together at Spurs.

Can't imagine Brown is privately very complimentary about his time at the Vale, based on the fact it wrecked any career he was hoping to have in management. & smurf was in charge at the time remember, giving the players the left over pies.

We're a different club now. Shame Tim isn't up to date. 

He did touch us, without the required barge pole, & seems very pleased to be here. Good appointment. 

Darren Moores black & white army.

Micheal Brown

Worst manager we ever had

When I hear him on the radio I turn him off

9 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Not necessarily he’s been on good money at Newcastle then stoke, prob knows he’s going have to take a massive pay cut at this stage of his career at 34 & drop down a league. He would destroy some defences in this league I’d take him all day long. Like you say tho it would all come down to wages mate 👍🏻 If he’s asking for ridiculous amounts then I agree not for us 

I don’t think he d destroy any defences in this league… let’s spend any money we have to get a talented young hungry forward in a la Beckford rather than a multimillionaire injury prone waster.

Be interesting to see what happens over the next 12 months or so.

12 minutes ago, Bobnewtonian said:

I don’t think he d destroy any defences in this league… let’s spend any money we have to get a talented young hungry forward in a la Beckford rather than a multimillionaire injury prone waster.

Be interesting to see what happens over the next 12 months or so.

Next transfer window will be exciting 👍🏻 up the QPR 😃

2 hours ago, Loggerheads Sage said:

Even RZ would surely have to admit that Clark has done an amazing job at Cheltenham,  and in L1. Wouldn't he?

More chance of me having a night with Margot Robbie than RZ admitting the great job Clarke has done at Cheltenham and at Vale.

37 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Next transfer window will be exciting 👍🏻 up the QPR 😃

As long as we pay out he should be able to attract better players tbf,I am sure he has promises in place regarding backing and what say he has in new players

11 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

As long as we pay out he should be able to attract better players tbf,I am sure he has promises in place regarding backing and what say he has in new players

Not sure that there will be a spare pot of money created to suddenly be competitive when bidding for top 10 teams league 1 players. If there was a pot I imagine it’s gone on Moore himself.

There’s no way round improving players and selling them on at a profit for a smaller club like us to progress. This is my main concern with the new gaffer…. Does he have the skill set to do this or is he relying upon buying journeymen and an increased budget to get us to mid table? For me that way is unsustainable and the wrong way to go for the longer term growth of the club as it leaves us even more reliant upon the owners investment levels which won’t last forever…. Their target has to be to create a club which can pay its own way.

roll on Saturday 

3 minutes ago, Bobnewtonian said:

Not sure that there will be a spare pot of money created to suddenly be competitive when bidding for top 10 teams league 1 players. If there was a pot I imagine it’s gone on Moore himself.

There’s no way round improving players and selling them on at a profit for a smaller club like us to progress. This is my main concern with the new gaffer…. Does he have the skill set to do this or is he relying upon buying journeymen and an increased budget to get us to mid table? For me that way is unsustainable and the wrong way to go for the longer term growth of the club as it leaves us even more reliant upon the owners investment levels which won’t last forever…. Their target has to be to create a club which can pay its own way.

roll on Saturday 

I would think he knows what the plans are for the club and how they want to progress and what he needs to do to help that i.e bringing young players on to sell on(probably promised the funds off ones they sell on)

6 minutes ago, Bobnewtonian said:

roll on Saturday 

Just a question who did you want as the new manager 🤔 

2 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I would expect the backroom team to be named tomorrow,I cant see him going into Saturdays game with just him and Nash unless Ryder helps out

Yeah or Friday doesn’t have to be announced in a rush mate as long as he knows which I’m sure is already a done deal or in negotiations. But yeah it will to be done for match day you’d of thought 

Pleased with the choice, tactics depend on the squad you have really. 

We do lack pace at the back, so we need to manage a way to stop the gaping holes in our defence.

Goals, well, we get enough set pieces/corners to get a few more.  We also need to pull the trigger more often ( Massey deflection proves that).

I am sure Darren knows this and all will be well in Vale land.

Just.

Archived