onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Manager is ?

Fosse69

Advert

10 minutes ago, DazFred said:

The problem is that we've only 1 points from the 2 games since Crosby left.

The longer it goes on....it's a crazy situation 

In his last 6 games we only managed 1 single point. We’ve only played 2 games since he got sacked barely a week ago & already matched that tally. I would worry when it’s been a good couple of weeks & we haven’t heard anything but I’m pretty sure we will this week 👍🏻 

26 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Yeah cus his cv is caked in experience 🙄 he had 1 good season with Cambridge then the wheels fell off before he was sacked! and he’s a coach 🤦‍♂️ 

Bonner took bottom half League Two Cambridge United to League One and kept them up. He got sacked with them in 18th place in League One which seems incredibly harsh, considering he was in charge of Cambridge United. Similar to the harsh treatment of Crosby at Port Vale. Their fans were upset and hold him in high regard and he is a good man too.

55 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

Don't get me wrong, he seems decent. Just thinking about it from his perspective. Just having a vacancy as a reason 'is neither here or there' for me. Vacancies come up periodically throughout the season. 

I'm not being argumentative, just wandering the attraction of a (currently) bottom four side instead of waiting another few months until another vacancy comes up. 

Trouble is it’s only going to be a struggling club that has a vacancy, clubs that are doing well don’t tend to sack their managers 

10 minutes ago, Rory said:

Bonner took bottom half League Two Cambridge United to League One and kept them up. He got sacked with them in 18th place in League One which seems incredibly harsh, considering he was in charge of Cambridge United. Similar to the harsh treatment of Crosby at Port Vale. Their fans were upset and hold him in high regard and he is a good man too.

Looks the right call now tho. Harris has got them firing, getting rid of Crosby was not harsh it was 💯 the right thing to do. He may have been treated harsh in regards to budgets & the players Flitcroft brought in I can’t disagree with that but there was only one way we were heading & it wasn’t up! I wouldn’t completely write off Bonner he’d be in my top 5 who’s available but nowhere near the calibre of manager Moore is. Nice people won’t cut it we saw how that worked out last time. 3 wins in 23 games… horrendous record 

53 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Give Martin Foyle a second bite of the cherry. If I remember rightly, the season he was sacked was on the back of some appalling signings.

He can't do any worse.

Have you watched any football after the the noughties ? You’ve made some baffling suggestions.

1 hour ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Give Martin Foyle a second bite of the cherry. If I remember rightly, the season he was sacked was on the back of some appalling signings.

He can't do any worse.

Can track Martin Foyle's career since leaving Port Vale on Wiki. He's stayed in football in coaching and recruitment roles moving between a lot of clubs. He is currently at St Mirren as Head of Recruitment. You can see from his career path he never wants to be a first team manager again. They have 'on the pitch staff' and 'off the pitch staff'. His role is listed in 'off the pitch'.

5 minutes ago, PortVale4Life said:

Mark Kennedy will be appointed on Wednesday this week. Should have gone through last week but will be vale manager this week. 

Without being rude, how do you know? He looks a good fit with extensive experience of coaching youth teams at big clubs before giving senior management a go. 

4 minutes ago, PortVale4Life said:

Mark Kennedy will be appointed on Wednesday this week. Should have gone through last week but will be vale manager this week. 

my sources, and they're reliable, indicate Wayne Rooney. Apparently, he's promised Flitcroft he'd get us out of the Division, and the fool fell for it.

5 minutes ago, PortVale4Life said:

Have you been to the bookies to make yourself wealthy, if you're certain is a no loose gamble....

Archived