onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Manager is ?

Fosse69

Considering what we have had to put up with and past poor managers we have been linked with I am struggling that some people are anti Moore(I can only assume because of some weird fascination with Ainsworth,who there has never been amy chance of coming here anyway).

Moore's stats stand out apart from Huddersfield... so if not Moore then who on earth do they want who they think might bring some success? Not a dig at anyone because we all have our favourites'

Just to add those pointing out Moore struggling in the Championship,do they mean like Ainsworth did? 

Advert

12 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

What Nixon said is more than likely true us being interested in Moore but lets not get to excited as it doesn't mean we are getting him,he has to accept our wages and the DF control(unless he has given a little on that one)

The rumour last night was that he would be offered it until the end of the season and then if he kept us up then a 2yr contract and that would make total sense to me

Well that would be a sensible move.

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

At Vale Moore wouldn’t have the best midfielder in League One on £20k a week. 

Jean as it seems you wont be happy with Moore who is your choice for manager?

Scratch that I have since seen you put Duff(another i would be ecstatic with)

4 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Jean as it seems you wont be happy with Moore who is your choice for manager?

I never said I wouldn't be happy with him.  I just think he is not the only one we should be looking at.  If it is him he'll have my support 100%.

57 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I was just pointing out that getting Sheff Wed promoted would probably have been a lot easier than keeping Vale in League One. 

Tbf Jean I do agree with that totally and if we got him then it would show what he is like in that situation,also this is why if the offer was until the end of the season to see if he could keep us up then that would make total sense and i would be very happy with that

58 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I wouldn’t mind Michael Duff. 

Again for me him and Moore are the best available but he is favourite for the Huddersfield job although their chairman wants him to relocate if he gets it and that could be a stumbling block i think.

Personally I think Duff wants to stay in the Championship and not drop down again and at least it seems that Moore is prepared to do that to rebuild his career

45 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

If Moore had the choice between us and the likes of Wigan or Barnsley I assure you we wouldn't get a look in.

Moore will consider Vale as a 'last resort' job. It won't be a 'coupe' achieved by Carol or the Dof... I don't buy it. 

My point is Vale need to get a manager with a proven record with little resources and money available. Only Ainsworth fits that criteria 

As someone pointed out, Sheff Wed had bigger resources money and better players. Half the battle already won at a club which usually would have a bigger name caliber of manager. 

You have posted some odd comments today Mr Ainsworth ..... I claim my prize 🙂 

13 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Tbf Jean I do agree with that totally and if we got him then it would show what he is like in that situation,also this is why if the offer was until the end of the season to see if he could keep us up then that would make total sense and i would be very happy with that

Would Darren Moore be happy with a two and a half month contract - I know what I would say to that.

3 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

Would Darren Moore be happy with a two and a half month contract - I know what I would say to that.

I think it would be until the end of the season with an option to extend 

For me I think Moore or Duff are the only available options. All other managers such as Kennedy, Robinson, Bonner, Wild etc… I just don’t see them having the right attributes to get us out of a relegation dog fight.

This also goes for Ainsworth too as I feel that at this moment in time it would just end up tarnishing his name and he would end up like Glover, Foyle, Grew and Aspin. Had we been looking for a manager because we had been doing fairly well and Crosby had moved to a championship club then that’s when I would opt for Ainsworth to keep things ticking over and continue to build, but I certainly wouldn’t appoint him for a relegation dog fight.

The only one from the managers available, who we possibly could get, turn things around and have us seeing any chance of playing LG1 football next season for me is Moore.

I think Duff’s stock is just a bit to high for us and the moment and seeing what Alan Nixon tweeted this morning and combining that with the bookies cutting the odds to 6/4 on Darren Moore I just hope we can get him.

Moore has an average win ratio of nearly 47% from his 4 managerial positions he has held, comparing that with Crosby’s 31.8% and Clarke’s 37.8%, so I’d say based on the stats and if what has been said is true then we are definitely getting an upgrade if Moore is appointed manager.

Archived