onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Leyton Orient (H) match thread 6th Feb

Fosse69

The thing is with any failing enterprise its the customers who get angry .

Love the shanahans for saving us but you need put all  your money into first team and if you have then I'm sure she is feeling like the rest of us (short changed ).

I don't ask for much I've watched Vale for years .

I want 110 per cent commitment

If a balls there be won you win it 

You play for one another .

You come off that pitch crawling because you wanted win the game so much 

I dont get that watching our lot they don't even look like they enjoying playing its a job to them and they play like it is and why would they care if they lose or not ,it show such disdain to the shirt and total disrespect to our paying support  

Connor Ripley cares you can see he does .

Garrity cares 

I want to be by end of season say that all of them care and show it in the way they play .

Down to them now not new manager or DF.

By the way that's not Flitcrofts fault 

Orient players were smiling running a superb team probably the best team I've seen up Vale this season those 205 away followers must be proud  and they only just come up.

205 and there players playing like that  Says it all really .

3900 of us there where was our playing for us .

UTV .

Advert

41 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Yes & no.

To get upset over comments over someone who is having her pants down & having a pop at the fans is wrong because you need thick skin owning a football league club.

But, she is a very clever woman and I'm sure she will now start looking deep at things, make the rights decisions for both the club & it's supporters, and then everyone can move on from this & become a united unit again like were 2 years ago.

The way things are going Brian I just don't see that happening.  It's almost like so 'fans' are really enjoying hating her and that she is the problem.  People on this very thread are talking about protests this weekend including throwing tennis balls on the pitch and invading the pitch to have their very own Reading-style sit-down protest; yet we are nowhere near in the same situation as Reading.  Yet people are being whipped up into doing just this.  It's insane.

I get how upset people are but its almost like people have zero self control and everyone insists on having their grievance personally aired.

9 minutes ago, Osh said:

The way things are going Brian I just don't see that happening.  It's almost like so 'fans' are really enjoying hating her and that she is the problem.  People on this very thread are talking about protests this weekend including throwing tennis balls on the pitch and invading the pitch to have their very own Reading-style sit-down protest; yet we are nowhere near in the same situation as Reading.  Yet people are being whipped up into doing just this.  It's insane.

I get how upset people are but its almost like people have zero self control and everyone insists on having their grievance personally aired.

Let's not get this mixed up.

People are getting upset and talking about protests etc but protests against Flickers not Carol.

Carol is starting to alienate the fan base by sticking up for Flickers and people are just trying to make her see sense when it comes to him

I can  not see how Flickers carries on now from all of this

3 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Let's not get this mixed up.

People are getting upset and talking about protests etc but protests against Flickers not Carol.

Carol is starting to alienate the fan base by sticking up for Flickers and people are just trying to make her see sense when it comes to him

I can  not see how Flickers carries on now from all of this

Thanks Brian - and I understand your reply completely.  But you also know it wont stop there.

Sorry Brian - one other thing; yesterday didnt you post that you were prepared to give DF another chance, or am I dreaming that.  He has done some very good things; if he pulled a good manager out of the bag and,  say, he got someone like a Deeney in, would that go some way to repairing his damaged position...??

I genuinely get peoples anger; for me its not about getting angry and throwing things out of the cot - right now we need to get out of the <ovf censored>.  That takes application and hard work, not throwing tennis balls on the pitch or venting your spleen online and tagging Carol into your social media posts.

3 minutes ago, Osh said:

Sorry Brian - one other thing; yesterday didnt you post that you were prepared to give DF another chance, or am I dreaming that.  He has done some very good things; if he pulled a good manager out of the bag and,  say, he got someone like a Deeney in, would that go some way to repairing his damaged position...??

I genuinely get peoples anger; for me its not about getting angry and throwing things out of the cot - right now we need to get out of the <ovf censored>.  That takes application and hard work, not throwing tennis balls on the pitch or venting your spleen online and tagging Carol into your social media posts.

Not sure if its been posted before but the Shrewsbury fans are totally in love with Mal Benning and he's just won their player of the month award
Well he was another of our players who the supporters griefed endlessly.
Mal has always been a good player. He was never utilised correctly.
I have nothing but respect for him, but it's hardly surprising he left at the first available opportunity imo

6 minutes ago, Osh said:

Deeney  ????? 

Good grief Osh. 

4 hours ago, sandyford_valiant said:

Unless a new manager is left alone to pick his own formation and not this club philosophy we only play one way method then it’s pointless appointing anyone and expect to stay up. That formation is really getting on my nerves now. We’ve got a serious lack of pace at the back and wingbacks never mind players not suited to this system. We cannot play out from the back quickly and start a move off at all. 

get back to basics and let’s try and be hard to beat and stop letting teams walk around us at will. They murdered us last night all game it was embarrassing to sit there in an empty ground. There is so much space in behind us and wide areas I couldn’t believe we persist with this formation. 

The lack of goals is going to relegate us for certain. I cannot believe the more I watch us why we have loft and then dipepa off the bench. It’s absolute madness and any owner should never let this happen never mind a DOF. Get a free agent in don’t care if he’s unfit for three weeks, we cannot carry on like this. What an absolute mess this season is turning out to be. I thought and hoped the owner had learnt this lesson after nearly going down last season. 

Look at what happened when we went to 4 at the back last night. We just don’t have the players. You’re not telling me we couldn’t have got a right and left back in during the window. 

8 minutes ago, Bimbleabout said:

I have nothing but respect for him, but it's hardly surprising he left at the first available opportunity imo

Doing well at Shrewsbury in a back 4. Good for him. 

8 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Deeney  ????? 

Good grief Osh. 

Others on here have wanted him as a striker who might be fit and can hit the ground running; for the avoidance of doubt, I was NOT suggesting him as our new manager!

4 minutes ago, Bimbleabout said:
6 minutes ago, PV1973 said:
Doing well at Shrewsbury in a back 4. Good for him. 

I seen him a few times around Vale just before he left. He looked so sad. Fair play to him at Shrewsbury and I'm glad he's smashing it and being played to his strengths.

Bombed out by DC at Christmas in his first season. Slowly worked his way back in to play a part in the semi final and final (in fact I’m convinced that both him and Gibbo were massive factors in coming back in for that last few games that saw us get over the line).

Much maligned last season by fans and rumours I heard from out of the club were that he was offered a relatively poor new deal by flickers and eventually, after signing, he was told he could leave if an offer came in. Let’s not forget he didn’t appear in anything preseason promo related for quite a while because of this.  This is supposedly why he wasn’t a happy character and I think it showed in his performances. 

Wasn't he well thought of at Mansfield? Except for the goal at Wembley.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

2 minutes ago, Osh said:

Others on here have wanted him as a striker who might be fit and can hit the ground running; for the avoidance of doubt, I was NOT suggesting him as our new manager!

Thank goodness for that. I needed to read it properly. 

Archived