onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who’s to blame?

Powerline

57 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

You are spot on. 

But many have noticed this since the dark days of v2001. 

I remember going back to 1987 fans digging in their pockets for a buy  a player fund. The funds bought a player for 27k

Nowadays, the funds are not so needed, but the fans still remain the steel which holds up the club. 

Since the Shanahans took over, admission prices have gone up, even though an extra 4,000 walk up on the day support is still within Vales reach, they choose not to promote inclusiveness to the unemplyed and students in the worst cost of living for decades. 

Where is the desire to reach out to the poorer parts of the North end of the city? Look at Wembley in 2022. No where near the interest levels of attendance in 1993. 

Vale need those supporters back or the club will continue to hob along in league one survival mode whilst it suits Flitcroft and others to Rob the club of a huge wage. 

They are on their hols in May. Do you think they care? 

Well, they should. Or Carol et Al should sell up and give it to a chairman who does care

I’ve read your post several times and sorry I’m really struggling to understand the points your making.

Are you saying 

It’s too expensive to go to Vale for inhabitants of the city?

Carol needs to invest more money in the underprivileged?

Carol doesn’t care about the club?

Advert

3 minutes ago, MBE said:

I’ve read your post several times and sorry I’m really struggling to understand the points your making.

Are you saying 

It’s too expensive to go to Vale for inhabitants of the city?

Carol needs to invest more money in the underprivileged?

Carol doesn’t care about the club?

Did you not read his posts yesterday? He wants Bill Bratt back. In fact he is Bill Bratt

8 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Flitcroft is to blame for me. He paid for Clarke to come and wreck the place like he did with Bristol Rovers and Walsall before and is now doing at Cheltenham. We spent 5 years money in 4 years pandering to his narcissism. I wonder if the Robbie Williams president thing was a desperate attempt to get Robbie to put some money in by smoozing him but it failed.

I think that's harsh on Clarke , I still think he would of kept the vale up but he dared to slag off poor recruitment in the January transfer window and lack of funds , That's why flitcroft the tosser couldn't wait to get rid , I've noticed you've conveniently not mentioned Andrew Crosby's abject failure as manager though .

8 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Flitcroft is to blame for me. He paid for Clarke to come and wreck the place like he did with Bristol Rovers and Walsall before and is now doing at Cheltenham. We spent 5 years money in 4 years pandering to his narcissism. I wonder if the Robbie Williams president thing was a desperate attempt to get Robbie to put some money in by smoozing him but it failed.

You are total pleb.

Do you know Clarke on a personal level?

1 hour ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

You are spot on. 

I remember going back to 1987 fans digging in their pockets for a buy  a player fund. The funds bought a player for 27k

Nowadays, the funds are not so needed, but the fans still remain the steel which holds up the club. 

Since the Shanahans took over, admission prices have gone up, even though an extra 4,000 walk up on the day support is still within Vales reach, they choose not to promote inclusiveness to the unemplyed and students in the worst cost of living for decades. 

Where is the desire to reach out to the poorer parts of the North end of the city? Look at Wembley in 2022. No where near the interest levels of attendance in 1993. 

Vale need those supporters back or the club will continue to hob along in league one survival mode whilst it suits Flitcroft and others to Rob the club of a huge wage. 

Well, they should. Or Carol et Al should sell up and give it to a chairman who does care

There's plenty the owners can be criticized for but ticket prices isn't one of them. On-the-day admission went up £2 last season and that was the first rise in 5/6 years. They gave away hundreds of free season tickets for kids and season tickets were excellent value. I don't know of any club that offers an unemployed-rate ticket but l stand to be corrected.

With reference to 1993 and 2022 we took way more to the 2022 playoff final than in 1993 (17k v 10k). The Autoglass final the weekend before in 1993 was an every-man-and-his-mate occasion whereas the week after was one for real Vale fans. 

6 hours ago, Vale1995 said:

In truth they are all to blame. I feel completely mugged off to be honest. They talk the talk but the proof is in the pudding.. crosby is absolutely clueless I genuinely feel a decent manager sees us finish comfortably mid table. Flitcroft how we have not added a striker is beyond criminal and a lwb. Weaker after a January window is again is criminal. All this talk about them planning a few windows ahead. Your telling me this was planned last summer 🤣🤣 load of crap. Carol? is she giving them any funds as i cant believe for. Second a decent striker wouldnt be brought in if they could be. For me they can all go. Had enough of us fans being neglected but constantly asked to part way with our cash. Shes supposed to be a fan how is she happy with this.  The fact that nobody was dismissed last night is complete and utter negligence. I will be making my feelings clear from the off on Tuesday night. Enough is enough 

Good on you mate , I'll be making my feelings crystal clear as well, this has been going on for long enough now action has got to be taken , Carol needs to know the anger & frustration the majority of our fan base is feeling. 

1 hour ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

You are spot on. 

I agree with that, carol saved the vale without a doubt but if she's more interested in spending money on the hospitality side over the footballing side maybe it's time she put the for sale sign-up .

50 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

I think that's harsh on Clarke , I still think he would of kept the vale up but he dared to slag off poor recruitment in the January transfer window and lack of funds , That's why flitcroft the tosser couldn't wait to get rid  .

Darrel did keep us up.  Victory over ‘on the beach Brizzle’ was irrelevant.  

In his last 2 transfer windows with us he was able to use his own contacts to bring in Ellis and Taylor when the process again was struggling, despite working 3 windows in advance.  Taylor, much maligned on here, but already has as many League 1 goals as Uche and Loft combined this season after his 45 minute substitute cameo yesterday for Cheltenham.

Clearly  there were other issues and he has obviously benefitted from an extended break, however I am sure that DF/CS did not like the way he wouldn’t just accept the scraps he was being given.

Blame with Crosby for being negative when better players at his disposal first half of the season, Flickers for poor transfer window in January yet again and for not testing the market when giving the role to AC (after a yes man?)

Ultimate blame however lies with Carol.  It’s her club and all this has happened on her watch.  In her ‘I know best’ mannerism she has systematically removed all people who were in post with football knowledge, most damagingly Colin Garlick.  At that time made it quite clear that a Chief Executive was not required as the reason for parting company with him as new structure clearly didn’t require anyone in that role (something us commoner garden fans were too dim to understand) , only to appoint Matt Hancock in that role little more than 12 months later!  Loyalty?  Clear vision? Underhand?

I thank the Shanahans for buying the club, and am not demanding they put additional cash in.  I do feel however that the focus is skewed too far away from first team progress - ‘League 1 steady’ was a good strapline, but does not appear to be the focus.  If they felt the need to remove DC  ‘to give ourselves the best opportunity of retaining League 1 football’ then why the lack of  urgency now? AC’s record far worse than DC and Saturday was frankly pathetic and looked like a team who had lost faith in the manager - unlike DC’s last game at Lincoln when poor refereeing decision to dismiss Conlon underpinned a spirited loss.  Maybe he is more complimentary to Patrick about his kit designs! 

2 hours ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Don't remember that - who was the player?

2 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Off topic but in case this escaped anyone:

Glad to see Harry back playing football after a a heart operation after preseason medical found a serious heart issue which could have lead to an on pitch situation like we have seen with Eriksson and others. Wish the lad well. 

Archived