onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Fan forum 25th Jan

robf

8 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

My guess is something like that would need to be voted on at the supporters club AGM which I think I’d seen them tweet it was happening next week so probably too late now. Me personally I’ve always thought the LS fund should be the greater priority but then if they can’t move the players gym yet then maybe that puts a different spin on it.

I would like it that its a kind of borrowing the £15k and then let the supporters club have a concerted effort of raising funds for the Lorne Street Stand, if, their is an appetite for it.

Advert

Great how some posters can say do this for that without giving a thought for those who put in untold hours of volunteer work.

So Brian are you going to go through the list of donors to the Lorne Street fund and personally contact each of them, bearing in mind it may take you a long time to a) contact them and b) spend time explaining your theory to them?

If they dont want to transfer their donation are you going to offer them a refund of their donation and organise it?

Not sure you have thought it through TBH.

11 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Great how some posters can say do this for that without giving a thought for those who put in untold hours of volunteer work.

So Brian are you going to go through the list of donors to the Lorne Street fund and personally contact each of them, bearing in mind it may take you a long time to a) contact them and b) spend time explaining your theory to them?

If they dont want to transfer their donation are you going to offer them a refund of their donation and organise it?

At the end of the day, its just a suggestion, do you get that?

Are you the person that's been raising the funds for the that particular fund?

I have emailed the supporters club the idea, so , I guess its up to them if they want to act on it or if they think its a good or bad idea.

1 hour ago, Emile said:

Right in the middle on this one.

I think investing in infrastructure is great if you are also investing in the playing side of things. The summer transfer window was a success, although missing a couple of key pieces. January may not be the time to plough a load of money into the squad but I'm not sure filling those gaps with loans that will only run into the summer is also the best option.
Isn't there a young lad we can buy on the cheap from somewhere who we can polish up to be sold? This is the long-term strategy, isn't it? Selling players for more than we paid for them? I'd like to see us gamble on buying a couple of young players and seeing if we can turn them into lg 1 players. With an older striker coming in who isn't getting game time elsewhere to help us get over the line and stay up.

I think the actual product on the pitch is more important than making improvement to the ground  it's no use having a championship ready stadium and playing football in league 2 . 

39 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Similarly, if insufficient money is received to complete the concourse, and more urgent work is required, the club will be free to use the money donated towards this work.

22 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

I think the actual product on the pitch is more important than making improvement to the ground  it's no use having a championship ready stadium and playing football in league 2 . 

Of course. My point also - you do have to look at the market and the types of players you can get for your money though. If we throw half a million at a player tomorrow will we get automatic promotion? Will we get a playoff place? Will we finish midtable?

Of course, the important part is to make sure we stay up. I don't think signing a very expensive player is the difference between staying up and not. But we do need to have better cover at wingback and we do need a striker who can stay fit and chip in with some goals. If that's two loans then fair enough, but I'd prefer us to try to buy these players in the hope we can sell them on. Instead of just loaning a player, plugging a gap for 6 months then starting all over again, only to repeat again next January. 

1 hour ago, Brian Johnson said:

@Bede can the supporters club do anything to try and get this money for the Statue fund?

It has been discussed loosely in the past but the logistics of getting it re-allocated, when people gave to that cause in good faith, is understandably a non-starter.

Since the unexpected injection of the best part of ten grand by the Reading fans, I think the final couple of fundraisers should see us about there with the fundraising for the statue anyway.

23 hours ago, Mellor! said:

Going off the answers of 6 month loan deals and us consolidating and looking for a striker in the summer again (for the second season running). I wonder if the club will start to do an August to December season ticket to match their own expectations?

I wonder how you'd have coped in the days of Billy Bell, when he usually managed to sell one of our best players  shortly before the season started? Or when we nearly made the playoffs to get to the top tier...didn't, and Rudgie had to sell players from that squad, instead of strengthening for a bigger push. Got relegated not long afterwards. 6-month loan deals for quality players. and a non-panicking approach to finding a striker are luxuries I wish we'd always had!

10 hours ago, smithie said:

Personally I don't feel there's much of a connection between players and fans and I'm not surprised.   Some of the embarrassing and disgraceful attacks on Carol, Flitcroft, Andy Crosby and the players both on-line and in the ground have, I believe, caused a rift. If anyone can explain how booing Ryan Loft and Gavin Massey is useful, I'm all ears. 

CS probably feels she can't win. She stays on anti-social media and gets abuse, she comes off it and will probably be accused of not communicating with the fans. What I've seen written about her and the staff goes way beyond what most people would consider reasonable. 

It's time to shout these cretins down.

Top post Smithie - waiting for it to get shot down, now, by the cretins whose mouths are bigger than their IQs!!!

36 minutes ago, Bede said:

It has been discussed loosely in the past but the logistics of getting it re-allocated, when people gave to that cause in good faith, is understandably a non-starter.

Since the unexpected injection of the best part of ten grand by the Reading fans, I think the final couple of fundraisers should see us about there with the fundraising for the statue anyway.

Cheers Bede.

That's good news that you are expecting to hot the total with the next couple of fund raisers

6 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

I wonder how you'd have coped in the days of Billy Bell, when he usually managed to sell one of our best players  shortly before the season started? Or when we nearly made the playoffs to get to the top tier...didn't, and Rudgie had to sell players from that squad, instead of strengthening for a bigger push. Got relegated not long afterwards. 6-month loan deals for quality players. and a non-panicking approach to finding a striker are luxuries I wish we'd always had!

Do you use to be a former director of the club?

16 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Working late tonight Joseph 

Archived