onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Portsmouth (H) match thread - 27th Jan

robf

11 minutes ago, Quebec_Valiant said:

That's really a different question.  I stand by my point that if they had failed to score and we didn't have a shot on target that the appropriate result would have been a draw.

We seemed to start well for the 1st 10 mins or so, but we were disappointing after that.   

Well you have your opinion, and I've got mine but I'm not looking through rose tinted glasses , oh well nevermind.

Advert

Gotta give Pompey some credit they were strong all over the pitch and it felt like we were also playing against the ref at times.  Bummer to lose against a dodgy pen 2 mins from time.

chislett played well for vale.

Still fuming with that performance! I tried to back the gaffer & look at the postives & he brings me right back down to reality. We're in a relegation scrap no two ways about it. Crosby out 🤡 

22 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

Hang on, we're 20th? Christ!

Relying on young lads immediately adapting to men's football? Without our top scorer and player of the season? Potentially down to two available strikers?

I've backed the long-term plan but we need to sort the here and now.

Weren’t you one of the ones saying we are doing alright literally about two games ago? This has been coming a mile off as all the Crosby out fans have been saying for the past 3 months.

We obviously won’t get rid after this but lose to Fleetwood and his position is surely untenable.

1 minute ago, Powerline said:

Weren’t you one of the ones saying we are doing alright literally about two games ago? This has been coming a mile off as all the Crosby out fans have been saying for the past 3 months.

We obviously won’t get rid after this but lose to Fleetwood and his position is surely untenable.

how many times have we said that mate. Carol won't get rid regardless & that's what worries me the most

19 minutes ago, jimbo57 said:

And the score up to the 88th? 

Not pretty, but pretty much toe to toe with no goal up to that pen.

We weren't in the game 2nd half some of the players were out on their feet due to all the backs against the wall defending 🙄

4 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Well you have your opinion, and I've got mine but I'm not looking through rose tinted glasses , oh well nevermind.

If you are of the opinion that a team that fails to score wins a game then you are welcome to your opinion, even if it is a bit foolish.  It's got nothing to do with rose tinted specs.

Don't really want to comment on the game today as I gave my prediction at half time, which was proven correct.

Just a very quick mention for Jack Shorrock, thought he looked really confident when he came on, couple of outstanding touches from the young man. Love his confidence. Let's hope it doesn't get knocked out of him.

8 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Still fuming with that performance! I tried to back the gaffer & look at the postives & he brings me right back down to reality. We're in a relegation scrap no two ways about it. Crosby out 🤡 

Finally you have seen the light 👍

We were lucky to only lose 1-0.

Numerous times. Particularly second half, we made errors that you wouldn't see at any other league 1 club. Fortunately our keeper, combined with wasteful finishing from Pompey, kept us in it.

Quite simply our players are getting so many instructions to keep changing the formation during games that none of them are sure what they are supposed to be doing, and where they are supposed to be playing.

Our whole club structure on the pitch is being geared to accommodating these loan kids and it could well get us relegated.

Our League 1 players are being asked to have the skill and awareness of Man City players, whilst covering the backsides of youngsters with no league experience.

I honestly believe we have good league 1 players who, if only they were given a simple formation to play to, and to stick with, would be comfortably mid table. 

2 minutes ago, andy jones said:

We were lucky to only lose 1-0.

Numerous times. Particularly second half, we made errors that you wouldn't see at any other league 1 club. Fortunately our keeper, combined with wasteful finishing from Pompey, kept us in it.

Quite simply our players are getting so many instructions to keep changing the formation during games that none of them are sure what they are supposed to be doing, and where they are supposed to be playing.

Our whole club structure on the pitch is being geared to accommodating these loan kids and it could well get us relegated.

Our League 1 players are being asked to have the skill and awareness of Man City players, whilst covering the backsides of youngsters with no league experience.

I honestly believe we have good league 1 players who, if only they were given a simple formation to play to, and to stick with, would be comfortably mid table. 

I don't think we actually have 11 fit senior players unless you count both goalkeepers.

Archived