onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crosby is Out NOW !!!

ollyandpatch

11 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

I agree and I said that on twitter as well. We just have to come to terms with the fact, that he's not going anywhere until he chooses to do so himself. 

If he were, he'd been gone at least a month ago. 

The club must be happy, if they'd just tell us and why 🤷‍♂️

Thats it though isn't it? If they are happy knowing whats bubbling in the fan base why not say "look we are happy and X Y or Z is the plan" give the fans something to either agree or disagree with and know what the club is trying to do directionally wise. 

Advert

1 minute ago, valefan16 said:

Thats it though isn't it? If they are happy knowing whats bubbling in the fan base why not say "look we are happy and X Y or Z is the plan" give the fans something to either agree or disagree with and know what the club is trying to do directionally wise. 

It really is that simple!

1 hour ago, Walka003 said:

While I agree with the sentiment, we've brought in 15 new players since Crosby came in. 16 if you include Willow coming back. We've released or sold 11 (I think).

This is his team.

A mix bag of recruitment done in the summer with some good signings……Ripley, Lacovetti, Debrah, Arblaster, Devine& Clarke Some ok signings, Lowe, Uche, Balmer & Leutwiler and some naff signings, Loft & Grant. 
Biggest fault is not getting a quality striker in but nothing Crosby could do about still having Massey and Cass.

36 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

Despite my calls now and again for him to be sacked, I think Crosby will and and should be given to the end of the season. The odd home win which we've shown we are capable of against the bigger sides in the league will be enough to keep us up. But a serious rethinking must be done in the summer, in my opinion. People at the club are trying to run before they can walk and to a large extent it's just not working, or likely to work. Until we have the right players for it, this passing game needs to be knocked on it's head. It doesn't matter how much you might do in training, you're never going to turn players like Nathan Smith into a ball playing centre-back. The performance against Blackpool was far more like it in regards to what we should be doing game after game. Getting the ball forward quickly and using Ikpeazu to bring the likes of Garrity, Devine and Chislett into play as much as possible. Play to your strengths, and our strength isn't passing and even more so without Arblaster.

Fair play for changing your mind 

3 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Fair play for changing your mind 

I've only ever wanted him gone if there was somebody better realistically in place that could take over. Personally I would love us to go on a great run and for him to have completely changed my mind come the end of the season. I was more than happy to give him plenty of praise at the beginning of the season after being totally against his appointment originally.

As I've said before, I'm totally content with being a win one, lose one, draw one kind of team just as long as I can see that most of the signings are improving the team and squad. I say most as obviously some won't be a success, that's football. I just find it really difficult to accept the football we are trying to play with the players he has available to him.

9 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

I just find it really difficult to accept the football we are trying to play with the players he has available to him.

But then we're back to who's deciding the style and tactics? 

I'm not so sure he's as forced as people make him out to be. I just think he's stubborn, naive and haven't trained the squad to play more than one way. Then again you have the Blackpool game, where we went way more pragmatic than ever before this season. And THAT is the way I would like us to approach every game! Pragmatic, as in 'what style will win us this game?'. Not being so stubborn and naive, as to try and out football the likes of Boro. That was daft beyond belief!

A mix bag of recruitment done in the summer with some good signings……Ripley, Lacovetti, Debrah, Arblaster, Devine& Clarke Some ok signings, Lowe, Uche, Balmer & Leutwiler and some naff signings, Loft & Grant. 
Biggest fault is not getting a quality striker in but nothing Crosby could do about still having Massey and Cass.

I wouldn't be putting uche Balmer or Leutwiler in the ok catagory but each to their own. Yak has been garbage since he has come back from injury, the rest in your good pile I agree with though.

33 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

I've only ever wanted him gone if there was somebody better realistically in place that could take over. Personally I would love us to go on a great run and for him to have completely changed my mind come the end of the season. I was more than happy to give him plenty of praise at the beginning of the season after being totally against his appointment originally.

As I've said before, I'm totally content with being a win one, lose one, draw one kind of team just as long as I can see that most of the signings are improving the team and squad. I say most as obviously some won't be a success, that's football. I just find it really difficult to accept the football we are trying to play with the players he has available to him.

Fair enough, I’m not as anti Crosby as others but agree, unless he improves then he is not the man to take us forward but also see it is his first year in management, and should be given a full season as we gave him a contract for this. There have been many very successful managers who have had awful first years of management while they find their feet and you never know, Crosby could be one of these. AC has always been on the back foot as it was always going to be difficult following Clark, Brian Horton was on the same boat after replacing John Rudge. Would be nice for the fans to get behind the team and to a degree Crosby even if they want change, this will help the atmosphere and potentially results. 

21 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

I wouldn't be putting uche Balmer or Leutwiler in the ok catagory but each to their own. Yak has been garbage since he has come back from injury, the rest in your good pile I agree with though.

Leutwiler is OK for what we are paying him plus his experience will be valuable although he’s never going to be our first teamer, if we can get Yak back to what he was when he first signed then he’s a good signing and I was on the edge with Balmer, if he could cut out his mistakes he’d be a decent player, problem is these have lead to too many goals against.

Leutwiler is OK for what we are paying him plus his experience will be valuable although he’s never going to be our first teamer, if we can get Yak back to what he was when he first signed then he’s a good signing and I was on the edge with Balmer, if he could cut out his mistakes he’d be a decent player, problem is these have lead to too many goals against.
I'll be amazed if Balmer is still a vale player on 1st Feb, got to be sent back for me.

3 hours ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Smithie , we are not going to get bigger crowds with the football currently being served up at the vale by Bing 

I just don't buy that the football is always boring - I've enjoyed quite a few games and as it happens I like to see the ball being kept. It keeps the players touching the ball more and is nearly always preferable to launching it every time. If we do a bit of both I'm not unhappy. 

Are we forgetting some of the sublime passes and moves involving Olly and Alfie? Ben Garrity's  goals and the away wins at Oxford, Charlton and Exeter? I have 100% seen far worse football in my years watching the Vale.  

The crowds tailing off is not totally unexpected - there's always a post-promotion buzz which is hard to keep going.        

22 minutes ago, Walka003 said:
24 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

I'll be amazed if Balmer is still a vale player on 1st Feb, got to be sent back for me.

Agree bar the fact we maybe offloading Cass in January in which case we will need to sign or loans RWB.

Genuine question - Would people prefer to be a 'boring' League 1 team finishing 16th every season, never really in danger of relegation, with the odd good win and shocking loss.

Or would people prefer to be a bit like Northampton. A 'yo-yo' club. Go down, spend the season around the League 2 play-offs, next season go up. Spend the next season around the League 1 relegation zone, then go down the next season. Rinse and repeat...

15 minutes ago, smithie said:

I just don't buy that the football is always boring - I've enjoyed quite a few games and as it happens I like to see the ball being kept. It keeps the players touching the ball more and is nearly always preferable to launching it every time. If we do a bit of both I'm not unhappy. 

Are we forgetting some of the sublime passes and moves involving Olly and Alfie? Ben Garrity's  goals and the away wins at Oxford, Charlton and Exeter? I have 100% seen far worse football in my years watching the Vale.  

The crowds tailing off is not totally unexpected - there's always a post-promotion buzz which is hard to keep going.        

The win at Exeter we got battered. Agree with the other two games. For me it’s too irregular. There are far too many off performances or boring performances. 

9 minutes ago, Mellor! said:

Genuine question - Would people prefer to be a 'boring' League 1 team finishing 16th every season, never really in danger of relegation, with the odd good win and shocking loss.

Or would people prefer to be a bit like Northampton. A 'yo-yo' club. Go down, spend the season around the League 2 play-offs, next season go up. Spend the next season around the League 1 relegation zone, then go down the next season. Rinse and repeat...

I’m more than happy to have 2/3 seasons 14th ish in league 1 and by then hopefully have a squad capable of challenging for a play off place. I just can’t stand the football that’s been on display at times this season 

Archived