onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crosby is Out NOW !!!

ollyandpatch

10 minutes ago, Wozza4England said:

The club has played 37 games yet only 7 (SEVEN!) have started 20 games or more. Arblaster, Chislett, Garrity, Ojo, Ripley, Sang, and Smith. One could argue those seven include six who, with Devine, have been our most (perhaps only) consistent performers. 

The biggest factor in determining who and how we play is the manager?

Injuries, fatigue and the opposition must be the main factors. Your stats suggest we have the nucleas of a good side but are maybe 4 or 5 players short of the quality we need. 

You cannot deny that to play 37 games in half a season is a massive workload, which must surely impact on performance and fitness levels. 

Advert

3 minutes ago, The French Connection said:

Injuries, fatigue and the opposition must be the main factors. Your stats suggest we have the nucleas of a good side but are maybe 4 or 5 players short of the quality we need. 

You cannot deny that to play 37 games in half a season is a massive workload, which must surely impact on performance and fitness levels. 

Which players have played 37 games?

8 hours ago, Powerline said:

Different seasons so again not comparable.

The closest season to compare against, one after the other and both in the same division. If you can’t compare this season to last then you can’t compare any season. 

2 minutes ago, The French Connection said:

You are being obtuse.  Let me put it this way, if 7 players had already played 37 games, in half a season, do you think they would be performing at their best? 

Probably not so come back when you can name even ONE of our players who has started 37 games in half a season else your argument is pure fantasy.

2 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

You want a poll on here, you do it.

Just seen another poll carried out by Unofficial Vale

749 Votes

Crosby out - 77% 

Crosby In - 23%

As i said, set up one on here. Let’s see, even though there has been a poll already on here, which had a reverse of above. Or attach a link to the poll you mention. 

Probably not so come back when you can name even ONE of our players who has started 37 games in half a season else your argument is pure fantasy.
Nobody has claimed that any player has played in 37 games. But a fixed number of players have a greater risk of injuries playing
7 extra games in a fixed period.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

I think the biggest issue around 37 games in 5 months (or a game every 4 days) is you get stuck in the cycle of match prep, match, recovery, match prep - not leaving a great deal of time for the more long-term training ground stuff. Of course, playing this often increases the chances of injuries and forces rotation, so we've been less likely to develop a settled 11 - the time we were able to do that was our good run in September.

We've now got 5 league games, each with a week in between, with 4 of them against teams 14th or below. 

I

7 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

I think the biggest issue around 37 games in 5 months (or a game every 4 days) is you get stuck in the cycle of match prep, match, recovery, match prep - not leaving a great deal of time for the more long-term training ground stuff. Of course, playing this often increases the chances of injuries and forces rotation, so we've been less likely to develop a settled 11 - the time we were able to do that was our good run in September.

We've now got 5 league games, each with a week in between, with 4 of them against teams 14th or below. 

I've watched them train quite a lot of times now & they never do anything different, same old pass it out from the back and more often than not, when / if they get anywhere near the goal they stop & start again not even giving the strikers a chance to finish it off. Go watch them train and you can see why were boring to watch.

15 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Nobody has claimed that any player has played in 37 games. But a fixed number of players have a greater risk of injuries playing
7 extra games in a fixed period.

Well obviously. In theory someone who plays twice is, statistically, more likely to get an injury than someone who plays once. In practice a player can play 46 games without injury and another can rupture his ACL in his first game. 

There are posters here who are blaming our player’s poor performances on being fatigued from playing 37 games in half a season and that having a “massive workload which 

must surely impact on performance and fitness levels.” It’s simply not happened.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

27 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

This is a feasible argument about not getting enough time on the training pitch. I’m sure Crosby would prefer to play one game per week and spend more time on the training pitch working on technique. On the other hand, when asked, players always state there is no substitute for playing and they’d rather play than train.

1 hour ago, philpvfc said:

As i said, set up one on here. Let’s see, even though there has been a poll already on here, which had a reverse of above. Or attach a link to the poll you mention. 

Pretty sure that poll is way out of date. It will be 80/20 in favour of him going 

Please, someone reassure me I'm not going nuts. 

Listening to Ale & Vale. Dedicated and passionate fans who attend many more games than me.

They open up by saying they've 'never felt further away from the club', and that they were done going to away games. They felt more connected to the club when we were relegated under Brown with Smurthwaite at the helm as he would communicate more than Carol does.

I genuinely couldn't believe what I was hearing. I've criticised the club communications in recent years, and rightly so, but we had two fans forums over the summer, Flitcroft gave an in-depth interview to The Valiant a few weeks ago. There is a regular Supporters Summit which we were all free to sign up for.... what do we want? Carol to give us running commentary on her thoughts and views? What would we gain?

I really value knowing what happens at the club, but I can't think of much that I feel I need to know right now which I don't know already from Flitcroft's interview + the Supporters Summit which I signed up to.

One of the A&V lads doesn't feel valued anymore, as he doesn't know what goes on at the club, and he wouldn't go anymore if he hadn't already paid for his ST. He's 'signing out'.

I can't believe that me, moaner-in-chief, is saying this... but do we not all need to calm down? 

3 wins in 5, highest average attendance for 23 years (and one of the highest for 50+ years), QF of a major competition, academy products playing in greater numbers than ever. Our league position, whilst not great, is still higher than we've finished in 13 of the last 15 years. The football *can* be dull but we've scored 8 in 3 home games. 

It isn't great, but it is without a shadow of a doubt much better than a majority of the tripe I've seen over 20 years. We're in the healthiest position the club has been in during the 21st century.

Not sure what's happened in the last few weeks. I feel like I've gone from one of the most fervently miserable to one of the most optimistic, even though I'm not exactly jumping for joy. 

Are the academy players that good or is the fact that we have recruited so poorly that we have had to use them? 

I personally don’t feel the club communicate enough. I don’t want a running commentary but it would be nice to know where the likes of Dan Jones have disappeared to again. 

Higher average attendance is kind of a given recently given the higher league and the QF yes a good achievement but we didn’t beat one side above us, the first real test, we didn’t turn up. 

For me, it’s possibly the owners ‘championship ready’ comments and the overall potential that seems to be at the club that is maybe putting fans off when we’re having these bad patches.

Personally, since Cheltenham I think the football has been dire - the odd performance aside. Blackpool was much better but then we follow it up with that showing at Carlisle. I think the potential is there and last season being  in a very good position to potentially push on and get a play off place, we decided to sit back and go backwards and not back DC. You then have another window in the summer with the same glaring errors as previous. Over recruiting in midfield, letting your only striker go before recruiting one. Signing loft. Signing injury prone players, leaving LWB wide open but letting Benning leave. Same issue as season before with Covalon. Letting Forrester go and replacing him with a league 2 player. 

I think, given the overall league position of the club is fine (at the moment - I still think we will struggle) and i would have taken at the start of the season. To me it just feels like we haven’t kicked in since this time last year and have downgraded with the manager. Too many similarities throughout games in which he isn’t learning. 

Add to this that Flitcroft is one of the most unlikeable blokes I’ve met. 

I think we need to hear genuine expectations from the club. Are we now a club that wants to use our own youth system or are we a club that’s ‘championship ready’. If someone came out and said this is the path the club is going down, it may give AC a little bit of slack. 

Overall for me I think the promotion season and start to last season and failing to take that chance has probably given some false expectations. But then the football has been so poor at times that for me it’s hard to feel positive about the club. I maintain that both the manager and DOF should be let go.  We shouldn’t be losing to bottom of the table at every given chance. 

Archived