onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

5 OR 6 New players wanted

Advert

That's positive talking coming out of Vale Park and it's very welcome, especially after some of the moans and frustrations posted in this forum for the past few weeks.

I'd love to see Myrie-Williams sign for us, I think Adams could pull the best from him on a regular basis. I wouldn't be disappointed to see Chilvers sign either, I thought he was steady when here on loan and he's certainly experienced.

If these are they type of players we're looking to sign you have to say the club is taking things seriously in trying to assemble a promotion side.

The other bit of the article, regarding players who haven't yet accepted their new offers, is interesting as it suggests Ryan Lloyd will sign but hints that Tomlinson and Joe Davis may not. My view on this is I'd pull Tomlinson's offer as soon as I could (I'd have released him instead of Martin anyway and either way we need to sign a good keeper) and I'd take Joe Davis to one side and explain that at this stage of his career he needs to focus on nothing else but establishing himself as a professional player. He's on the brink of doing that at Vale at a very young age and I'm sure his agent - or his dad - could broker a deal with Vale that would see him sign a contract. I don't want to lose him but I also think Vale shouldn't pay more than a reasonable basic wage for an unproven young lad. If the club want him to sign they should agree a sensible basic wage with good add-ons for first team appearances and release clauses for approaches by other clubs, dependent on their size and status.

I think Joe needs some good advice or he may end up being the next Dave Hibbert. He should be in a better position than most with his dad being a manager (maybe his dad's planning on stealing him from us but doesn't want to pay the compo?).

top post

i also have been looking at the pfa released list and here are a couple of players that i think could improve our team.

Danijel Bogdanovic:- has a good record at a higher level and has worked with adams before at sheff unt.

Paul Green:- Has a played in the championship for 5 years and also represented rep of ireland so has the quality we need in midfeild

Alan Navarro:- played 33 times last season n a good brighton team. can play centre mid and rightback so guess he s a defensive midfielder.

Andy Taylor:- left back who has represented England up to under 20`s so should have something going for him. was at sheff utd when micky was there so adams should have good info on him.

Tom Heaton:- Goal Keeper played in man utd youth teams and also played for cardiff. would make a great first choice

Other players that interest me are ones that have linked with us i.e. ainsworth,Jennison Myrie-Williams, and chilvers ( although i would only sign chilvers if davis does not sign his contract

Aiming a little high I think

Why is that? Oh, of course. It's because he wants him in a coaching role and not in the team.

No, it was because he wanted him to play and it was an incentive to sign for us instead of crewe. If you think he offered a unqualified coach that contract in order to snap him up onto our coaching team and not play him, then i either despair about you, or despair about adams. One of you has lost the plot.

Yeah, but Holman's name has been thrown around, and he was apparently shown around Vale Park.

Holman scored something like 60 in 77 games for a non league team(cant think of name) before a move to Histon and has been described as being lethal and able to score from anywhere not just inside the area.

No, it was because he wanted him to play and it was an incentive to sign for us instead of crewe. If you think he offered a unqualified coach that contract in order to snap him up onto our coaching team and not play him, then i either despair about you, or despair about adams. One of you has lost the plot.

You've crossed your wires here. Originally, he wanted him to play, and rightly so, with the incentive of a coaching role at the Club following on from that. However, his recent injury troubles, in my opinion, have played a part in him offering McDonald a new deal (hence why it's only a 12-month contract), as he doesn't have enough faith in Owen having a big contribution on the field this term. I still wouldn't want Owen playing fully fit, as we'd have the slowest centre halves in the league.

You've crossed your wires here. Originally, he wanted him to play, and rightly so, with the incentive of a coaching role at the Club following on from that. However, his recent injury troubles, in my opinion, have played a part in him offering McDonald a new deal (hence why it's only a 12-month contract), as he doesn't have enough faith in Owen having a big contribution on the field this term. I still wouldn't want Owen playing fully fit, as we'd have the slowest centre halves in the league.

Recent injury troubles does not mean that MA will lose faith in players. You only have to look at Lewis Haldane being offered a new deal as evidence of that. If MA wanted Owen in just a coaching capacity then surely he would have just been offered a coaching role and not a coaching/playing role. If MA just wanted a coach surely he would have released Owen and spent the money on employing an experienced coach with qualifications rather than a player with no coaching experience.

MA signed up Owen in a coaching/playing role and to say he last lost faith in him is a sweeping statement that you can't back up with any evidence. The bottom line is that Chilvers would be an excellent signing and he would be the perfect candidate for club captain. However we have numerous centre halves at the club already and 5 would be too many. Having backups is good but i would personally prefer us to have an extra striker because i just can't see where the goals are going to come from next season. If Adams wanted Chilvers then he should have released MCDonald. I m not privy to Adams' budget but if the Sentinel article is anything to go by and we are after 5 or 6 players then surely another centre half is not a priority. We need 2 strikers, 2 wingers, a left back and in my opinion 2 midfielders. Not to mention another goalkeeper if Tommo doesn't sign.

Recent injury troubles does not mean that MA will lose faith in players. You only have to look at Lewis Haldane being offered a new deal as evidence of that. If MA wanted Owen in just a coaching capacity then surely he would have just been offered a coaching role and not a coaching/playing role. If MA just wanted a coach surely he would have released Owen and spent the money on employing an experienced coach with qualifications rather than a player with no coaching experience.

MA signed up Owen in a coaching/playing role and to say he last lost faith in him is a sweeping statement that you can't back up with any evidence. The bottom line is that Chilvers would be an excellent signing and he would be the perfect candidate for club captain. However we have numerous centre halves at the club already and 5 would be too many. Having backups is good but i would personally prefer us to have an extra striker because i just can't see where the goals are going to come from next season. If Adams wanted Chilvers then he should have released MCDonald. I m not privy to Adams' budget but if the Sentinel article is anything to go by and we are after 5 or 6 players then surely another centre half is not a priority. We need 2 strikers, 2 wingers, a left back and in my opinion 2 midfielders. Not to mention another goalkeeper if Tommo doesn't sign.

Haldane broke his leg and was out for the season, and an insect bite that affected his life. Gareth Owen is just an accident waiting to happen and has had six different injuries whilst he's been here. At least he's consistent at something.

Haldane broke his leg and was out for the season, and an insect bite that affected his life. Gareth Owen is just an accident waiting to happen and has had six different injuries whilst he's been here. At least he's consistent at something.

Surely you can't say that Owen is an accident waiting to happen and haldane isn't when he has hardly kicked a ball for two years? Owen had played a lot more football than haldane.

Surely you can't say that Owen is an accident waiting to happen and haldane isn't when he has hardly kicked a ball for two years? Owen had played a lot more football than haldane.

Haldane suffered two freak accidents that put him on the shelf. Totally beyond his control. These things tend to happen. However, Owen has had an injury to literally every body part since he's been here. Broken nose, broken wrist, his elbow, his cheekbone, his ankle, his calf - you name it. That's why I see Adams pushing Owen further and further up the coaching ladder, as he feels he's got potential in that role, but doesn't have much faith that he'll get anywhere near as many games out of Owen as a central defender should be getting. Either way, he won't play anyway.

Archived