onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Middlesborough H EFL QF Tickets/Crowd

Valiant62

31 minutes ago, smithie said:

Well there won't be the feisty atmosphere there could have been had the away fans not been moved. 

I think Swindon proved it doesn't always need back and forth with away fans. A massive game under the lights should bring the best out of all of us.

• Like 8

Advert

36 minutes ago, Mellor! said:

I think Swindon proved it doesn't always need back and forth with away fans. A massive game under the lights should bring the best out of all of us.

That was a great night but a one-off - the Hamil has been no great improvement from the Railway Paddock for me, although it's true to say that many grounds seem to struggle for atmosphere these days.      

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Bobnewtonian said:

Not sure having vale fans in the hamil along with away fans would have worked personally

Strangely enough, nearly all Premier League clubs manage home and away fans under the same roof with much bigger crowds than ours and it works perfectly well.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, smithie said:

That was a great night but a one-off - the Hamil has been no great improvement from the Railway Paddock for me, although it's true to say that many grounds seem to struggle for atmosphere these days.      

I agree, it's crap and I'll probably move back to the Railway next season, but I think this kind of game will get everyone up to those Swindon levels again for the night though.

• Like 4

I just feel like the switch to the hamil was the right decision I think there could be a case for turning the bycars into the home safe standing area  and moving away fans to old part of lorne Street the new part Vale if ever completed all that depend on growth of support as I certainly wouldn't be doing much with home gates as they are at present .

Back to Middlesboro game .

We do not have anything to lose .

HAVING watched the mighty Vale for years I can tell you that generally we play well when we are massive underdogs if a massive away following is present,yet if playing bottom of the league we play so badly you wonder why you bothered going the amount of times past 10 years I've come away from the park thinking they only brought 2 to 300 fans yet they have won the game and sadly there players motivation seemed greater than ours and deservedly so on many bad afternoons especially tues nights I've come home and thought what the hell was that .

When we played Swindon the crowd were so extreme in there support ,to me it needs be like that gamely .

It will be v boro so it will hopefully bridge the quality gap of championship to league 1 .

UTV 

13 hours ago, smithie said:

How many goals have we seen at home? How many have been scored at the Hamil End? One?

Real shame seeing all these comments about returning to the Railway. I don't get this perception it's had a negative impact on the atmosphere. It was rubbish before this season, yet it's turned into this myth that the Railway was brilliant. It wasn't. Last season we rarely sang, and when we did, no one heard us. This season we rarely sing, but when we do it's much louder. I can vouch having sat in the posh seats so have been able to compare.

Personally just think it needs time for the Hamil to establish itself. It's trying to be too many things at the moment. A singing area, a family stand, a haven for Bycars regulars. Too many people with differing requirements and expectations. For me, it needs to be the end where the atmosphere is generated. Not a family stand, not the place to get the best view of the game, you go there to support the team. If you're in there this season and not singing, you can't complain about the atmosphere. Sing more.

Edited by Family Stand Terrier
  • Like 7