onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

Better than Loft?

Plus, worked with DM before, so might be able to get a tune out of him. 

At this stage, outside the window, we are going to be looking at Free Agents (if at all) who are free agents for a reason. 

It's a shot for nothing but worth the gamble. Can't get much worse up front, can it?

Advert

Gayle lives locally so it makes sense. And given his rumoured £40k weekly salary at Stoke, it could either go two ways.. He doesn't need the money and wants to score a few goals before he retires, or he wants as much money as possible and we'd have to push the boat out. But at 34, even with his experience, I'd be worried that his legs have gone. 

2 minutes ago, pvfc1994 said:

Gayle lives locally so it makes sense. And given his rumoured £40k weekly salary at Stoke, it could either go two ways.. He doesn't need the money and wants to score a few goals before he retires, or he wants as much money as possible and we'd have to push the boat out. But at 34, even with his experience, I'd be worried that his legs have gone. 

If it's just to the end of the season I have no issue with it, personally. Better to try something than nothing.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Gayle hasn't scored a goal in about 18 months has he? What's the point in that considering the wages he'd likely want

Scored goals in the prem and championship. He should be above this level. Also at this point in the season and our only option being players without a club, I cant think of many who would also be close to match fitness and not need 2 months to get up to speed. No brainer for me and could make a huge difference to how out season goes Ron now on. Its got to be better than relying on a 16 year old who just isnt ready yet, and hoping they can score the goals to keep us in this league because Wilson cant play a full 90. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, JohnDoe said:

Scored goals in the prem and championship. He should be above this level. Also at this point in the season and our only option being players without a club, I cant think of many who would also be close to match fitness and not need 2 months to get up to speed. No brainer for me and could make a huge difference to how out season goes Ron now on. Its got to be better than relying on a 16 year old who just isnt ready yet, and hoping they can score the goals to keep us in this league because Wilson cant play a full 90. 

Wilson played the full game v Orient on Tuesday and then 83 mins on Saturday v Stevenage. He went off at half time v Fleetwood, but clearly the manager circumstances and player responses in that changing room are in question. 

So, I assert he's very fit but history shows he's injury prone. However, being fully fit makes injury risk lower. Could do with him becoming prolific in the box. 

Edited by Warren

We need a striker we all know that,so which free agent striker would you have us sign?
Conor Wickham would be way ahead of Gayle in my list. Scored a good amount for a shocking team in this league last year. Gayle hasn't scored for at least a year, and was rumoured to be on 40k at stoke. Even at a 10th of that we'd be killing our budget for a player who hasn't done it for a long while.

Granted, anyone's better than no one at this point.

3 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Conor Wickham would be way ahead of Gayle in my list. Scored a good amount for a shocking team in this league last year. Gayle hasn't scored for at least a year, and was rumoured to be on 40k at stoke. Even at a 10th of that we'd be killing our budget for a player who hasn't done it for a long while.

Connor Wickham would need a pre season to before he’s fit to play. He wouldn’t be available until mid March.

Gayle all day long, he can contribute immediately.

2 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Conor Wickham would be way ahead of Gayle in my list

Not in mine. He hasn't played for months and will be weeks away from playing, if he's even interested in doing so. Look at how long Uche took to get fit.

We need a player who can play straight away, who is match fit.

Wickham's last game was nine months ago - Gayles' was five weeks ago.

• Like 3

Connor Wickham would need a pre season to before he’s fit to play. He wouldn’t be available until mid March.
Gayle all day long, he can contribute immediately.
Ask any stoke fan. He hasn't "contributed"(performance or goals) for 2 years.

14 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Sjokes best payed player reportedly on 28kperweek , Gayle on about 7.5k per wk . Could Moore get him for half the wage for 3 months?