onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

Advert

Just now, Lornelounger said:

There is if you know where to look.  But if your cheerfulness can only be determined by an unsatisfactory transfer window, you're doomed to be cheerless.  

Where? Football has been woeful for over a year now. I go to watch vale to be entertained in not interested in a scoreboard ect. 

• Like 2

Just browsing as one does.

Van Veen gone from Groningen to Kilmarnock. 

He'd of been a shout. All irrelevant I know.

I can't find one plus factor other than the incredible decision by Burnley to pay cash for McDermott. 

However these undisclosed fees do us fans no favours do they. Is it a nominal 20 grand or more akin to 250 grand. We'll never know. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Lornelounger said:

There is if you know where to look.  But if your cheerfulness can only be determined by an unsatisfactory transfer window, you're doomed to be cheerless.  

I'm  a moaning T### too # it is what it is 👍

Edited by Nippy Naylor
  • Haha 1

To me what's baffling is why we didn't add a loan striker. 

We've had an increased emphasis on loan talent this season and we have heralded the fact we are apparently highly regarded and trusted by bigger clubs. 

However, we finished the window with four loanees when we can play five in a game. I'm sure loanees from top-flight clubs are pretty much subsidised in terms of wages, so even if we were on a tight budget surely we could have brought a youngster in on loan?

Yes, people would still have no doubt complained that we needed experience (and would have a good point) but a youngster on loan would have been better than where we are now which is praying that James Wilson doesn't break down. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

Where? Football has been woeful for over a year now. I go to watch vale to be entertained in not interested in a scoreboard ect. 

Beyond the end of your nose.  Best ground we've ever played in, warm pies at half time, a thriving academy providing players to our first team, fantastic owners, joint club presidents who actually help the club etc etc.  Feel free to call me a Happy Clapper, since I prefer to see the upside and look at the bigger picture.  Sure we wanted a striker.  We didn't get a striker.  The sun will still come up tomorrow, and we soldier on.

• Like 5

Just now, Lornelounger said:

Beyond the end of your nose.  Best ground we've ever played in, warm pies at half time, a thriving academy providing players to our first team, fantastic owners, joint club presidents who actually help the club etc etc.  Feel free to call me a Happy Clapper, since I prefer to see the upside and look at the bigger picture.  Sure we wanted a striker.  We didn't get a striker.  The sun will still come up tomorrow, and we soldier on.

I’m more interested in the football side than warm pies mate. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

At the start of the window the club identified (finally) two positions to strengthen, a striker and a LWB (before uches injury) and we have come out with neither. Mighten is a winger that was sent back from his loan at a league 1 club last season in January and started 2 games for a side bottom of their league this season. I haven’t seen him play and will obviously judge him on what he does for us, but all reports i have seen suggest he’s a winger. For me that gives two options, we play him as a winger and change formation (sensible option) or stick him up top or LWB to fill one of the gaps we have left, I know which will happen. 

Not too much to be cheerful about with the vale at the moment. 

how many times have we made this same mistake now? Is it 3 / 4? 

fair points mate 👍🏻 i really hope he doesn't play him at wing back but let's all try & get behind the squad we've now got until end of the season. UTV 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

I'm  a moaning T### too # it is what it is 👍

Good of you to own it Nippy, but I genuinely don't think it is such a big deal.  I may be wrong, and we get relegated without scoring another goal all season.  But I prefer to look at what might happen instead.  It would have been nice to have signed another striker, but for whatever reason, we didn't.  On we go.

• Like 1

Just now, Vtid said:

fair points mate 👍🏻 i really hope he doesn't play him at wing back but let's all try & get behind the squad we've now got until end of the season. UTV 

Agreed. I’m one of Crosbys biggest critics but I think he’s been royally done over here and will get a lot of credit from me if he keeps us up, got to back what we have like you say 

• Like 4