onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

Advert

4 minutes ago, robf said:

I believe the club have been disappointed with the quality of DJs in the UK and are busy scouting the Scandinavian, American and New Zealand markets for a possible replacement... 

Rob, that all depends on the Colombians, Venezuelans or Danish getting a replacement for their old injured DJ.

Edited by Playa Amodores
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vale1995 said:

Heres my prediction we will bring nobody else in. We will lose to fleetwood and wilson will go off after 5 mins with a injury keeping him out for the remainder of the season🤣

Do you always look on the bright side of life

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vale victory said:

Flitcroft telling radio stoke that we have enquired over 2-3 championship strikers but waiting for the clubs to bring in their own players before anything can happen

It reminds me of my father in the 1970’s when I enquired about getting a new car second hand car because the new registration plates were coming out. He’d say something very similar we never replaced the old car. The analogy is very similar regarding Flircrofts about footballers, because my father knew nothing about cars and we couldn’t afford one. 

Just now, Danish Valiant said:

I agree, it's making me anxious 😒

Yes.  Talking sense on here makes a lot of people anxious.  

However, its far better than some of the BS spouted on here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Osh said:

will you PLEASE stop talking sense!

As a fully paid up member of the happy clappers club, i feel it's my duty to educate the poor doom mongers who must be on the verge of running off and joining a circus.😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

31 minutes ago, robf said:

I believe the club have been disappointed with the quality of DJs in the UK and are busy scouting the Scandinavian, American and New Zealand markets for a possible replacement... 

inflation has even hit the DJ market ! When will this madness stop ! 😂 

12 minutes ago, mbycars said:

As a fully paid up member of the happy clappers club, i feel it's my duty to educate the poor doom mongers who must be on the verge of running off and joining a circus.😁

Fookin love that!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, mbycars said:

Is that Smart ? 

• Like 2

In the last two days I have written and deleted two long posts on the pattern emerging in our recruitment history, cba getting machine gunned by the 76th happyclapper infantry division on here.

Let's hope we haven't left it until the very last minute and walk away disappointed, again.

• Like 6

Here's my take on the "Robbie" subject.

My brother, also a huge Vale fan and, like me, supported Vale since a very young lad, were chatting in the pub before the Middlesborough game about what we'd do if we ever won the Euromillions (just checked last night's draw - nada!)

We were both of the same opinion that, if we won £100m+ we'd keep £10-20m so that me/wife/family would never, ever want for anything and that we'd live a wonderful life.  We'd give several millions away to charitable causes that we support (we're both close to ex-military causes) and that we'd easily put £50m straight into Vale and, in doing so, want to keep this in partnership with Carol.  In my own personal view she has done a sterling job so far and i'd love her to be involved as the club progresses.

Robbie has got far more money than that.  There's a great saying that you can take it with you.  So, of the $230-250m he's got - and I don't know how much of that is liquid assets that he could call on quickly but, lets say he could make $50m available.  If he made that available and chucked that into Vale to work alongside Carol, it would obviously make the world of difference.  He and his family would still be rich "beyond their wildest dreams" but he'd also change everything for us.

What I wouldn't want is a former pop singer taking over the Vale and hoping to achieve what the guys at Wrexham have done without someone with a steady pair of shoes keeping a level-headed hand on the tiller.

The above is just my personal thoughts; I have no idea what's in Robbie's head and how much he truly wants to be involved.  From the club statement, there are projects that Carol and Robbie have discussed, we can only hope that, if he is going to bring money in that it comes in sooner rather than later.

Looking at the leagues:

- In the Premier League you need muli-billionaires to afford to compete

- In the Championship you need billionaires - people like Coates

- In EFL1 you need multi-millionaires to just be in the league)

Just my thoughts

• Like 4