onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

Advert

On the Chelsea front. They (of course) have a load of young forwards and I think it could be anyone's guess if Vale have targeted one of them.

However, if it is a LWB then there's an obvious contender...

Zak Sturge is a 19 year-old, six foot two inches tall, attacking, left wingback. He was on loan to Peterborough for the first-half of the season but was recalled in January after "limited first-team opportunities". I reckon he could be a good bet if Vale are looking to bring LWB cover in.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Osh said:

Morning folks - soz; been away for a few days and really busy at work.  I've just spoken to my m8 - he's not heard anything about Jake signing today, though thats not to say it wont happen.  The main thing he's hearing is final prep being done with a loan from Chelski and another from the Championship.

If I hear owt else i'll shout.  👍

Crosby is pretty open in his interviews. I suspect it is unlikely we will be making a permanent signing for a sizeable fee this window. 

My money would be Hudlin as the forward. No secret we wanted him in the summer. Huddersfield have signed a couple of forwards.  They need to make a decision about what to do with him in the summer.

LWB probably Zac Sturge as Chelsea want him to go out somewhere. Didn't do well at Peterborough. 

I'd hoped we'd be in for Charlie Kirk but that seems unlikely.  

56 minutes ago, Vtid said:

anyone else use their spotify for ale & vale podcast? Cant get mine on last couple of days it seems to have gone down? Cant say i'm missing Amos & his waffle like but quite like Bezza 😂

I haven't listened to it for a little while now and then forgot all about it - so that might be one I listen to, to see out my working afternoon today.

I've just had a search on spotify and it took me a little while to find it but I have now found them and it started to play the latest one which was uploaded on wednesday 

7 minutes ago, robf said:

On the Chelsea front. They (of course) have a load of young forwards and I think it could be anyone's guess if Vale have targeted one of them.

However, if it is a LWB then there's an obvious contender...

Zak Sturge is a 19 year-old, six foot two inches tall, attacking, left wingback. He was on loan to Peterborough for the first-half of the season but was recalled in January after "limited first-team opportunities". I reckon he could be a good bet if Vale are looking to bring LWB cover in.

I suspect Ronnie Stutter is a forward Chelsea would look to loan out. They have 4 or 5 left wingbacks but the most likely are Sturge or Dylan Williams. 

9 minutes ago, JRC said:

Crosby is pretty open in his interviews. I suspect it is unlikely we will be making a permanent signing for a sizeable fee this window. 

My money would be Hudlin as the forward. No secret we wanted him in the summer. Huddersfield have signed a couple of forwards.  They need to make a decision about what to do with him in the summer.

LWB probably Zac Sturge as Chelsea want him to go out somewhere. Didn't do well at Peterborough. 

JRC - many of mentioned on here and elsewhere that the Jan window is always expensive, so I think you are right and we wont sign anyone perm.  Any perm signings will come after the season end.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JRC said:

Yep, that would make sense if Vale are looking for one loan signing from Chelsea and one from the Championship (which I am sure I have read somewhere). A LWB (possibly Sturge) from Chelsea and possibly Hudlin from Hudd. Not entirely sure about that second signing (would be delighted to be proved wrong) but I'm commenting about what may happen rather than what I'd like to see happen. 

EDIT: additional note. Putting two and two together and making five... looking at Hudlin's contract situation, it makes a lot of sense he will go on loan this window. He's out of contract in the summer and not broken through to the first-team regularly. From a Huddersfield perspective you get him out on loan to either a) give him a final chance to earn a new deal b) get him off the books as you're going to release him anyhow c) give him a chance to try and impress other clubs for when he becomes a free agent in the summer

1 hour ago, valefan16 said:

I dont think we are in the same boat as last January at this stage, we've not lost any key players who were permanents at this stage and replacing the 4 loanees with 5 more assuming 2 more come in. Last year we signed a half fit Matty Taylor on deadline day and Aaron Donnelly on loan who ended up playing out of position every week to replace Connor Hall. Brad Walker and Harry Charsley.

We've lost Conlon who wasnt playing, Arblaster and replaced by Weir who was outstanding last season for Morecambe, Devine for Gore who is as highly rated, Kofi Balmer has been replaced by Rhys Williams who has played EPL and Champions League football and you'd expect Thomas to be replaced but he didn't really get much look in anyway.

Obviously if we lose a couple of big players this coming few days and dont replace then we will be in a different situation though.

We didn't really lose a key player last season. Connor Hall was in and out of the team for the first half of the year despite being one of our best defenders.

We have however this season lost our best player and probably second-best player in Arblaster and Devine. We have replaced those with potentially good players, but its all potential. 

Last January was rubbish for sure, but I'm really not sure this one is any better, so far. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Osh said:

JRC - many of mentioned on here and elsewhere that the Jan window is always expensive, so I think you are right and we wont sign anyone perm.  Any perm signings will come after the season end.

Probably do more business in summer 

More options available then , imo 🤔

Edited by Nippy Naylor
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Warren said:

Klopp is leaving Liverpool at the end of the season. A chance for Crosby to step up. 

Klopp told the assembled media: "After reading the reaction of some Liverpool fans upset at the loan of a promising defender to the likes of Port Vale, I have to now take responsibility and step down..."

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

By the way guys - can I fess-up here.  I have no more knowledge of anything going on than the next guy; i just had some stuff shared with me by a m8 close to the Vale.

So, i work in Sales which always means I know nothing. 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, robf said:

Klopp told the assembled media: "After reading the reaction of some Liverpool fans upset at the loan of a promising defender to the likes of Port Vale, I have to now take responsibility and step down..."

Klopp is a brilliant manager

Under rated in my humble opinion 

If he leaves LFC , I'd like see him

As the next England manager 👍

• Like 1