onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

Advert

21 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

He carries on up front with Wilo 👍

Exactly. I've wanted to leave many an employer / contracted service. But you have to do your best work anyway. Except people who have sufficient power to force a move. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The French Connection said:

It'll be interesting to learn what's happened with Uche.  If he's not going that'll leave us with one mightily disappointed striker on our hands.  Not ideal, by any means. 

Better a disappointed striker than a disappointing one ? 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Some ridiculous posts today 🙈 

The one where Carol cashes in whenever she can by someone who don’t go the games is unbelievable 

And yet, totally believable, given the "reality" in which some of our fans live!

11 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

Deeply embarrassing and deeply disheartening to see Uche is going. Whole season now in jeopardy. Even if we bring in another striker, we always needed another, not just a Uche trade in. Fed up of seeing the club let players under contract walk off mid season for the sake of a few grand. 

We needed new faces, we have big injury issues as is. This window makes the Smurfwaite era and his “sweety jar” during the “honeymoon period” look like Father Christmas! 

All this adulation for Carol, yet she has put in a mere £12 million over 5 years. 

Daii Yoonge has put in over £200m into Reading in roughly the same time period,  yet their fans are now throwing tantrums for being tight. 

You are a misery guts! Just out of interest - how much have you put into the Vale over the past 5 years? And Reading fans are not throwing tantrums because Dai Young is tight - but because he is mismanaging their club which has been the main cause of their demise. There is a difference - but you need to take off those blinkers!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, WV said:

Name a time when she has refused an offer for a player? 

I go to games when I can

I am sure you have opinions on golf but you can’t break 80. 🤷

I think Carol has the final say when we're wanting to bring in a player that might take us over budget? :But, for selling players, that will be AC and DF. Probably - I'm not in the know...unlike some! 

6 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

...What do you think we are entitled to? League 2 football? Conference level stuff?......

Carol is John Towers, our squad is the City Rover and our fans are the customers who will leave in droves. The rest writes itself. 

You are aware that we're currently mid-table in League 1?

And...here's an idea for you - with your obvious business knowledge and acumen, why don't you approach some of the world's top companies with your unique oversights, so they don't go down the path to oblivion?

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Im all for players coming thru the academy and earning professional contracts ,wud be good to see a few forwards coming thru the door as well cos we need cover , 🙄

Do you think every other position ought to be ignored until we have the forward in? No other deals...no promising youngster signed on pro terms,. or on loan...because we haven't yet brought in a striker?? Or didn't you realise we need cover in a cou0ple of areas?

If Uche is staying I think it's good news. Replacing him I'm this window would be very hard. He's also become an important part of how we play over the last few matches. It would be interesting to know whether it was all just media speculation or if someone decided to pull out of the deal. It would also be interesting to know Uche's position on the whole thing. I suspect he would have been a squad player at Charlton.  He'd earn more money as a squad player at Charlton than a starter at Vale. He's made some money from the game, maybe playing regular football is more important to him than 500 or 600 a week extra. 

As a footballer Uche is extremely limited. However,  in terms of just bullying defenders with sheer strength and power I can only think of Bob Newton, Kevin Campbell and Akinfenwe who were on a par with him. Wycombe showed you can build a successful team around a player with that kind of raw power. Akinfenwe was much better with the ball at his feet but way less mobile than Uche.

• Like 5