onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

3 minutes ago, robf said:

Other people may be offended though.

A polite reminder that everyone on here agreed to abide to our forum rules which ask for no objectionable posts.

If you don't want to follow the rules then please be aware that persistent offenders could be banned.

How could anyone possibly be offended by such a thing? 

• Confused 1

Advert

1 hour ago, Wozza4England said:

Strange you should say that. Loft has 20 appearances for Vale, Uche has 17. 🤐

Crosby went through what I regard as a deeply mistaken phase of playing two unfit strikers giving each 60 / 30 etc. So numbers are inflated. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

How could anyone possibly be offended by such a thing? 

You're wrong as they clearly were because I got multiple people reporting that post. If you really need telling then mocking a dead child is offensive you know!

I repeat please follow the rules. I'm not here to debate my decisions. If anyone can't follow them then I will remove them.

If you do follow them then you are very welcome.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

5 hours ago, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

Carlisle manager was quoted saying the price Bradford are asking for is "ridiculous" ... so I'd say that's the end of that.

We were allegedly in for the player before Carlisle joined in...so we already knew the price.

4 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Nice of us to pay wages to a half-fit player so he can get himself set up with another club once he's not knackered after 20 minutes. Very charitable. Then again, how are we expected to compete with the wages that a club like Wycombe <ovf censored> Wanderers are offering. They don't seem to be hampered by the market prices for strikers/ the exorbitant prices in the January transfer window.

He hasn't gone yet...has he?

Considering how tricky we've found it to sign strikers previously, I think it's a very big ask to sign two within the next two weeks who can immediately impact us.

Is the known quantity of Uche for another 6 months > the strikers who are available and affordable at this point in the window, with clubs knowing we're a bit desperate with only Wilson, Loft, and Dipepa available?

I'm not sure. With the loss of Blaster + Devine, and injury to Garrity, we could do with as few question marks as possible. I'm fairly steady with our league position but it's not a massive gap to the bottom 4.

Edited by JoeB2
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, SFBT said:

It's heart rending stuff losing players who have played a big part in building a team.

The fact that there is such disappointment is again a sign of the progress being made.

It's impossible not to love Uche, and seeing two quality youngsters develop so well has been great to see.

None of this was happening before now.

Loanees came and went with barely a whimper. I doubt we'd have even got Uche through the door in the past, never mind developed him into a decent player again.

I think how we do things now will mean this is the norm,I doubt that we will ever get a settled team that's together over a few seasons. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Osh said:

If Bradford, a league below us, are asking a sizeable price for Jake Young, and there's a competition between Wycombe and Charlton to sign Uche, i'd hope we'd be asking a good price for him.  Hopefully whatever we get for him will go back into the kitty for us to buy someone else.

IF we are in for him then maybe it doesn't have to be about about a big fee,we could try and sort a deal where we do pay a fee but also include a sizeable sell on as well.

I am sure there is some cash available but not to sure if it is enough to buy Young outright

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ClntonBoulton said:

Well done Tony.......my flabber had never been so ghasted! I was so shaken that I couldn't compose a reply on the keyboard. A HC!!!!!!!! How dare Devine even utter those words concerning that post......I'm utterly incoherent with rage.

I know...how very dare he???

• Haha 1