onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

11 hours ago, Oggydoggy said:

Still associating him self with the club in December so he could come in January 

It was all a bit strange as he didn't have a visa problem; so someone must have had held his registration. I believe the US is now in close season,  so his contract may well have expired. If we were interested in October I can't see why we wouldn't still be interested. 

• Like 1

Advert

4 hours ago, Wrex said:

The club should have a medium to long term focus this window. Next season likely Stockport and Wrexham are coming up, Rotherham will come down and always do well. There will be four poor teams that will be relegated from League One this season, because as we've demonstrated you don't need to be that good to find yourself some way clear of the drop. That might not be the case next season.

We're currently only 6 points "clear of the drop"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JoeB2 said:

Just pulled up some stats on Chislett - again, data has to be taken with a grain of salt at this level.

He is the most productive player at this level for dribbles per 90 minutes, and (brace yourself) 'expected assists' per 90 (this is just the quality of the chances he creates, without taking into account how useless our donkeys up front are at putting them away). The blue is Chislett, the rest are all the other players categorised as 'attacking midfielders'.

To put it simply, he's one of the most creative players in League 1.

He's miles ahead of anyone. Combine this with an improving work effort and 7 G+A in his last 5, at the age of 25 so still room for improvement, and I think there could be a few data-savvy clubs showing interest.

Screenshot 2024-01-04 130641.png

100% Joe both Garrity and Chislett are very saleable assets imo, both proven they can do it in league one and league two and luckily both with another 1.5yrs on their deals so we can hold out for the best offer if it comes to it

• Like 1

Just now, valiant_593 said:

Rumours on Facebook that walters is going sjoke / has agreed previously to join 

Yes i have heard that a few times off different people and tbh if he is asking silly money then let him go,if he was setting the world alight then yes maybe we should try sort something but he has a long way to go to get where Plant is and I like the look of Lomax and Shorrock more

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Rumours on Facebook that walters is going sjoke / has agreed previously to join 

If there's anything in that then it's probably wise for his own sake he doesn't get picked in the squad any more as the reaction would be unlike anything he has been used to before.

I'm going to be honest he's certainly entitled to look for the best deal but given the length of time negotiations had taken already according to Flitcroft he isn't as good as he thinks he is at least based on some of his more recent appearances. Very real chance he gets lost in the shuffle in U23's football if he did that.

Edited by Guppys left peg
  • Like 2

Agreed, to me he’s shown less than Shorrock. Looked good against the under 23 sides but in the league to me it seems he needs to much time and is a little off the pace. Not sure what kind of fee we would get given that we have offered a contract. Personally don’t see the benefit of him going there to sit in the u23 side

3 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Yes i have heard that a few times off different people and tbh if he is asking silly money then let him go,if he was setting the world alight then yes maybe we should try sort something but he has a long way to go to get where Plant is and I like the look of Lomax and Shorrock more

He looked great in the cup games, nowhere near when he's played in the league. If he goes now we get a fee, at the end of the season very little. Stoke is a graveyard for young players - if he goes he's a silly boy. If he stays he will get a lot more experience and become a better player. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Agreed, to me he’s shown less than Shorrock. Looked good against the under 23 sides but in the league to me it seems he needs to much time and is a little off the pace. Not sure what kind of fee we would get given that we have offered a contract. Personally don’t see the benefit of him going there to sit in the u23 side

He was excellent against Burton in the FA cup and played well at Stevenage

• Like 1