onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

SC Statement - Keith Ryder and discussions

Memphis

I'll tell you what Jinkin John Jeffers, I will allow one of the sites administrators to agree to let me name my source to them, and them only, and they can confirm in public that I have done this?

Mo Chaudry said it in person to the person who I shall name. Would you believe me if I did that?

And don't forget I was one of the 'morons' on this website who consistently backed Chaudrys bid - for evidence look back at my post history.

Wouldn't believe you sorry. There is easier ways of getting publicity than pretending to be interested in buying a football club. I'll ask Mo next time I see him at his gym.

Advert

I would be interested to hear what "Rayzer" has to say especially after the flak he took on here... Ray, had you heard that the delays were caused by Ryder rather than the FL?

Yes Dean. All the delays are down to Ryder and NOT the FL. He should have been given this ultimatum last month. It gives me no pleasure to see what is happening now. I really hoped I was wrong although it appears that my contact was right in what I was told. You cannot stick your head in the sand as a lot of posters have done just because you want the Ryder takeover to happen so that our beloved club can move on and upwards.

I feel really sorry for the staff and players in all this uncertainty.

I'd be surprised if Ryder completed today, in which case we really are in a mess.

Call me a sceptic but I failed to share the eurphoria towards Mr Ryder at the Open Meeting and I most certainly refused to applaud Bob Young!

Begbies have raked in the money for overseeing the admin process and I think serious questions need asking as to why they allowed the takeover process to drag on and on.

Young oversaw V2001 and now this shambles!

I would be interested to hear what "Rayzer" has to say especially after the flak he took on here... Ray, had you heard that the delays were caused by Ryder rather than the FL?

It is useful to look at this in franchise terms. The Football League is a business that runs sporting competitions. It allows football clubs to participate in its business on franchise terms. Meet its requirements or leave. I know the Football League has a higher degree of social responsibility than many businesses, but it has the right to set its terms.

I'd be surprised if Ryder completed today, in which case we really are in a mess.

Call me a sceptic but I failed to share the eurphoria towards Mr Ryder at the Open Meeting and I most certainly refused to applaud Bob Young!

Begbies have raked in the money for overseeing the admin process and I think serious questions need asking as to why they allowed the takeover process to drag on and on.

Young oversaw V2001 and now this shambles!

I think what you say is a vaild point, but it is a difficult call. It is step change to go to second bidder and whilst it appeared that only a small number of points remained outstanding with Keith Ryder he has to decide whether to stick or twist. Keith Ryder has retained sufficient credibility so far.

Yes Dean. All the delays are down to Ryder and NOT the FL. He should have been given this ultimatum last month. It gives me no pleasure to see what is happening now. I really hoped I was wrong although it appears that my contact was right in what I was told. You cannot stick your head in the sand as a lot of posters have done just because you want the Ryder takeover to happen so that our beloved club can move on and upwards.

I feel really sorry for the staff and players in all this uncertainty.

So do I ... Repect Ray I couldn't imagine you posting without some backbone to your post.

I know little of Bob Young but the delay in giving Ryder todays ultimatum could have severe consequences for the club imo

rayzer, your contact has obviously got some bits correct, the part about Ryder fleeing the country though made your contact and you look a bit silly as it was so easy to prove wrong

Go back and read what I said not what you thought it said. What yesterday proved was that Ryder appears to be selective in what calls he answers.

I've barely commented on the take over. I've been quite happy to sit back, content that it would all go through, and hadn't worried at all. Yesterday changed all of this. First the bizarre decision I employ Glover, followed by numerous unsubstantiated rumours about collapsed deals etc. There's no smoke without fire and it seems KR, may not be the shining knight I thought he was. At best, this is a complete PR disaster in the MOLD of V2001. At worst, well he's taken us fans and Port Vale FC for kippers.

If I'm completely honest, if this is the way of how things are to be, openness, transparency and honesty with the fans don't appear to be part of Keith's mantra, and part of me does hope we revert to "plan B" for the sake of long term stability.

I await the shooting down with bated breath.

I have been told that the deal has gone down. KR is not contactable and looks to have gone abroad (out of the way?). I am also told that the trip to Ireland is in jeopardy

it was the abroad bit that did it

Ray as I posted originally, I trust you and have no reason to doubt you then or now, however following that post and who posted it I made 2 quick calls and ascertained Ryder had not fled the country and had just spoken to two seperate people by phone

I've barely commented on the take over. I've been quite happy to sit back, content that it would all go through, and hadn't worried at all. Yesterday changed all of this. First the bizarre decision I employ Glover, followed by numerous unsubstantiated rumours about collapsed deals etc. There's no smoke without fire and it seems KR, may not be the shining knight I thought he was. At best, this is a complete PR disaster in the MOLD of V2001. At worst, well he's taken us fans and Port Vale FC for kippers.

If I'm completely honest, if this is the way of how things are to be, openness, transparency and honesty with the fans don't appear to be part of Keith's mantra, and part of me does hope we revert to "plan B" for the sake of long term stability.

I await the shooting down with bated breath.

I agree with all of that.

The people who keep going on about wanting their season ticket money back are ****ing me off. Talk about kicking a dog when it's down. So if Ryder's deal falls through you want to put the final boot in to Port Vale. It's Starve 'Em Out all over again.

Maybe some people can't afford or don't want to pay on the day aswell as having forked out for a season ticket.Just a suggestion.

Archived