onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Exeter City

Fosse69

Advert

2 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

But people are crying about disrespect because I don't rate a player. I was unaware that we all had to say every single Port Vale player is fantastic, and beyond any criticism.

You’re allowed to not rate him. That’s fine. Booing him is a different matter.

2 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

But people are crying about disrespect because I don't rate a player. I was unaware that we all had to say every single Port Vale player is fantastic, and beyond any criticism.

Reasonable football opinions:

'Benning had a bad game'

'Benning is going through a poor run'

'Benning doesn't seem like he can compete at this level at this stage of his career'

Unreasonable football opinions:

'Sammy is twice the player Benning is at LWB' - after seeing him for a grand total of 70 minutes there

4 minutes ago, Powerline said:

You’re allowed to not rate him. That’s fine. Booing him is a different matter.

But I've not once said I agree with that. Booing your own players regardless of how little you might not rate some of them is ridiculous, but every club has it's minority of neanderthals. I wasn't there yesterday due to having Covid but I'm sure those actually booing were like 1% or something of the actual attendance and not really worth concentrating on.

3 minutes ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

Reasonable football opinions:

'Benning had a bad game'

'Benning is going through a poor run'

'Benning doesn't seem like he can compete at this level at this stage of his career'

Unreasonable football opinions:

'Sammy is twice the player Benning is at LWB' - after seeing him for a grand total of 70 minutes there

Ever heard of hyperbole?

Though I certainly do think Sammy is a better option right now and should be given a run of games.

Just now, Valiiant said:

But I've not once said I agree with that. Booing your own players regardless of how little you might not rate some of them is ridiculous, but every club has it's minority of neanderthals. I wasn't there yesterday due to having Covid but I'm sur those actually booing were like 1% or something of the actual crowd.

But you did say Robinson was twice the player. As I said Benning has had a professional career for 10 years and played nearly 400 games. He gets paid money for it. He isn't crap.

35 minutes ago, Gooders said:

But you did say Robinson was twice the player. As I said Benning has had a professional career for 10 years and played nearly 400 games. He gets paid money for it. He isn't crap.

Chris Waddle has played over 600 games but I can tell you now Robinson is more than double the player than Waddle is. Judging Benning on his performances this season he has been crap, he is 29 and I’m sure he has been a lot better in the past but at the moment he is not playing well.

16 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Chris Waddle has played over 600 games but I can tell you now Robinson is more than double the player than Waddle is. Judging Benning on his performances this season he has been crap, he is 29 and I’m sure he has been a lot better in the past but at the moment he is not playing well.

What position did Chris Waddle play yesterday?

Just now, philpvfc said:

I thought you were judging the last 400 games.

No. I was saying a footballer who has played 400 professional games by definition is not crap. Benning has been part of a team that has struggled since Christmas. Partly, against some of the best teams in the division. He may not have looked good in those games but was not on his own. That does not mean him or any of the other players are crap - because they are not. It might mean that hem and the team are not playing well or are struggling against the better teams. And that applies to many teams in the division at the moment. The team is in 12th place but many teams are in a similar position. Including Bristol and Exeter who were above us last year.

I am saying that players should have more respect and maybe support if they are going through a bad patch. Especially, since most of us could not do what they do. Can't be many other jobs where you get stick from people on your side when you are doing your job.

32 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

To Be fair to Chris Waddle he is 62

Archived