onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Goalkeeper....

bar1

It's difficult to be critical of the player's at this moment in time but here i go anyway... we NEED A NEW 'KEEPER!

Saturday was a poor performance all round but Tomlinson was awful and yet again, cost us points. I think we would have ground out a 1 nil win with a quality keeper.

If we are going to progress this is one postion that we must sort out.

Advert

Yes he made one mistake however for the first we overcommited, Griff failed to clear properly, Rob Taylor failed to defend properly but getting the wrong side of the goalscorer and Tomo dropped the ball.

For the second the ref made a howler and McCombe failed to pick up the goalscorer who had just come on that McDonald past on to him. Tomo's save was decent though perhaps he could have pushed the ball a little wider.

I don't really think now is the time to criticise any of the players or Micky given what they are going through.

As i pointed out, it is difficult to be critical of the players at the moment, i totally understand what they're going through but lets seperate the politics from the football....he just isn't good enough.

My brother was speaking to a former teammate of his from Barrow at the weekend, he was even shocked at how 'buff' he's become and i dare say less mobile, the ball more or less bounces off him.

Once this whole mess is sorted out, any aspirations of promotion must see us strengthen here. Just look at the progress Cheltenham enjoyed whilst Jack Butland was there.

Sorry rant over.

It's difficult to be critical of the player's at this moment in time but here i go anyway... we NEED A NEW 'KEEPER!

Saturday was a poor performance all round but Tomlinson was awful and yet again, cost us points. I think we would have ground out a 1 nil win with a quality keeper.

If we are going to progress this is one postion that we must sort out.

This has been a big issue all season. Both 'keepers simply are not good enough and both have cost us points. The only reason that we have the pair of them is due to the dire financial situation that the ex board placed us in. If we do find serious monetary income from the entropy of administration, I feel sure that at least one of the current 'keepers will be moved on and the remaining 'keeper will only be used as a sub/cover.

Yeah all your points are valid and duly noted, it wasnt meant to be a player-bashing thread. I just saw the goals again from the weekend and got myself worked up, again. Im open to being proven wrong - come on Tommo 11 games to redeem yourself son.

OK we have bashed the Board and at last got rid......Can we now pay more attention in getting behind these players who are still playing for nought.....Instead of knocking them......This wants binning admin.....:rolleyes:

OK we have bashed the Board and at last got rid......Can we now pay more attention in getting behind these players who are still playing for nought.....Instead of knocking them......This wants binning admin.....:rolleyes:

Its a messageboard Jimmy. We are sharing opinions.

I would sooner be debating if Tommo is good enough rather than talking about Bratt, Oliver, Lloyd, Deakin and Miller.

Now some of threads needed Binning.

Tommo dropped a clanger on Saturday with trying to catch the ball, when he was clearly never going to grab the ball. A simple fist would of been job done and no goal.

In recent weeks he seems to have picked up his game slightly, so im knocking him too much.

I find it funny though every single shot at him, bounces off his chest. Some of them are just simple 20 yard daisy cutters though.

If we had some money next season, then the first thing a decent Manager would do is go out and get a goalkepper who would get you 15 points a season in match winning saves and certainly cutting out the clangers out.

This has been a big issue all season. Both 'keepers simply are not good enough and both have cost us points.

Just a quick note on dropped points over the last few weeks...

Bradford - last minute equaliser - two points dropped;

Crewe - equalised with ten mins left - another two dropped;

Accy Stan - another late equaliser - another two dropped;

Barnet - same again, except this time we lost instead of drawing.

That's seven points dropped and we'd still have an outside chance of the play-offs.

Yes, it's a harsh take on things but them's the facts!

EDIT: Sorry, the point I was making is that all the players are at fault here, not just Tommo.

He's far better than Burtons keeper thats for sure :D

and the Accy keeper! I don't think that he is that bad at all. He makes mistakes, but most keepers at our level will - thats why they are here!

IMO he is one of the better ones in the division.

Archived