onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Goalkeeper....

bar1

Tomlinson has been in good form in recent weeks. Harsh to berate him for Saturday, most of the team under performed!

That's a fair comment and even though I agree with that sentiment and with the fact that it may be harsh to criticise any of the players at the moment, I have in the past expressed my concern over Tommo's inadequacies when dealing with crosses--he has on too many occasions over this season, got 'under the ball' as he did again on Saturday. Surely Mark Grew should be able to help him with this obvious fault? If not, as harsh as this sounds, I fear we will need a new keeper for next season.

Advert

That's a fair comment and even though I agree with that sentiment and with the fact that it may be harsh to criticise any of the players at the moment, I have in the past expressed my concern over Tommo's inadequacies when dealing with crosses--he has on too many occasions over this season, got 'under the ball' as he did again on Saturday. Surely Mark Grew should be able to help him with this obvious fault? If not, as harsh as this sounds, I fear we will need a new keeper for next season.

For me though Tomlinson has always been partial to a blunder and two in a game is not good enough. A replacement should be sort for me come summertime as i think he has had one chance too many now.

I am afraid he is not going to be part of any future successful vale side! I reckon he has cost us a few points this year not just this weekend. Yes keepers are going to drop them on occasions but he does seem to have more than his fair share of poor keeping.

I am no expert but that barrel chest of his must restrict his movement. When shots are struck at pace at him, you often see him let the ball hit his chest(which could send it anywhere) Rather than trying to smother it.

I think they will both be gone by the start of next season.

It's difficult to be critical of the player's at this moment in time but here i go anyway... we NEED A NEW 'KEEPER!

Saturday was a poor performance all round but Tomlinson was awful and yet again, cost us points. I think we would have ground out a 1 nil win with a quality keeper.

If we are going to progress this is one postion that we must sort out.

Tomlinson(alias sponge bobb) needs a carreer change - he would be better off modeling sports gear at grattons catolog as he certainly aint a league capable goaly - my granny could have saved both barnets goals on satday.

There are many in the current squad who are trying to impersonate footballers eg Rigg, dodds (alais hayley cropper) , Mgdonald etc etc etc. In fact I would only retain about 3 of this present bunch.

He's far better than Burtons keeper thats for sure :D

Plus plenty of other L2 keepers, did you see the Dagenham keeper's howler a few matches ago? The fact is, Tommo is fair standard for L2 (so is Chris M for that matter) - and both will make mistakes from time to time but sadly their brilliant saves are rarely remembered as well as the mistakes.

He's not been a patch on last season, but then again neither have the likes of Collins, McCombe and Owen.

He's half decent, but really should stop trying to look like a Chippendale and concentrate more on cutting out the silly mistakes he has a tendency to make.

Since going into administration Micky has said that he has had loads of enquiries for our players. I wouldn't mind betting there have not been any for our goalkeepers. It is the most critical position that will need sorting by the new owners (please).

Tomlinson(alias sponge bobb) needs a carreer change - he would be better off modeling sports gear at grattons catolog as he certainly aint a league capable goaly - my granny could have saved both barnets goals on satday.

There are many in the current squad who are trying to impersonate footballers eg Rigg, dodds (alais hayley cropper) , Mgdonald etc etc etc. In fact I would only retain about 3 of this present bunch.

Very harsh.....

Firstly it is true that Tommo makes an error (or two) in most games but on Saturday, the first goal was a mistake but should have been handled better by the defence.

The second came from a free kick that should never have been and in both cases they were very lucky to have a man in the right place from the rebound.

The fact is that without the ten point deduction we would still be on the verge of the lay offs even with the defeat and a win would have put us in seventh.

We are a top ten team and should be content with this in the current cirumstance.

I still thing we will finnish top ten over now!

Guest fitzgerald_pvfc

Martin has the potential, gonna be a very-good 'keeper in a few-seasons.

Did you see Tomlinson's second-half world class save against Accrington?

Get rid of Sam Johnson. Don't rate him at all. To big for a goalkeeper, just a very rubbish version of Pantilimon.

I believe that the sentiment of the OP is right however timing is lousy.

Given that the lads are playing for free basically (save for a few pence off gate reciepts) i think we should be tolerant of mistakes a little more than normal.

You dont kick a soldier when hes down, you help him up & let him recover then carry out inquests later.

I believe that the sentiment of the OP is right however timing is lousy.

Given that the lads are playing for free basically (save for a few pence off gate reciepts) i think we should be tolerant of mistakes a little more than normal.

You dont kick a soldier when hes down, you help him up & let him recover then carry out inquests later.

To be fair mate I understand what you are saying but i dont think the timing is lousy. I dont give the players any grief at the games, quite the opposite. I'll continue to support the players on a match day but this is a football forum and quite frankly, i dont think he's good enough (my opionion of course).

They may not have picked up any wages lately and i hope that is all sorted very soon but these players are also playing for their future - they are in the shop window and if anything, should be more committed than ever.

Archived