onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Deakin the CEO has.....

Jimmy

On the face of it, Perry Deakin would seem a reasonable appointment, however the Board have used him, and the fact that he thinks he is in for the long haul suggests the Board believe they can see off Mo Chaudry. Mr Deakin also talks about a hostile takeover. I do not know of any Vale fans who believe Mo is hostile to Port Vale, in fact quite the reverse. So you may have a good CV Mr Deakin but those two initial statements suggest that you are not aware of what fans and shareholders think right now

Advert

His appointment is a total 'no brainer' for the board.

If he is sucessful, they will hang onto the club for longer.

If he fails and the board run out of money, then it's would be upto Mo to pay him off when he gets in and appoints his own man.

I can't imagin the board would of been totally honest with him regards the situation the club is currently in.

I honestly feel sorry for him, hes left one job and turned one down at Gillingham to join this shambles!!!

I would wish you luck Perry, but.........

Best quote is from Mr Bratt who will continue as chairman said " I am happy to stand aside and get a better candidate in"

So how do you justify the £50k per year you've been taking then?:whistling:

Is he still collecting it? I would be very interested to see next years accounts because even though Bratt's "stood down" from the position of CEO, he still Chairman and he is still dealing with all football matters

Is he still collecting it? I would be very interested to see next years accounts because even though Bratt's "stood down" from the position of CEO, he still Chairman and he is still dealing with all football matters

The proof would be if Mrs Bratt is now buying "own brand" products in the supermarket alongside the "low life" and "morons" who had given the Bratt family £250,000.

His appointment is a total 'no brainer' for the board.

If he is sucessful, they will hang onto the club for longer.

If he fails and the board run out of money, then it's would be upto Mo to pay him off when he gets in and appoints his own man.

I can't imagin the board would of been totally honest with him regards the situation the club is currently in.

I honestly feel sorry for him, hes left one job and turned one down at Gillingham to join this shambles!!!

I would wish you luck Perry, but.........

My thoughts entirely.........I feel sorry for him

As for the board they cant loose on this one ===

Is the chuff on some kind of a long term contract a la Gammon where Mo will have to pay him off when he comes in? Wouldn't put it past the spitefull bunch to get a new manager they can't afford on a 3 year deal when the end is nigh KNOWING Mo would have to pay him off too!?....:unsure:

I wonder how Mr Deakin has settled in at his new job that he started today?

Should we expect a small statement from him in the next day or so.Something along the line's of .....

I have been made very welcome at the club.I know i have a huge task in hand and a hard example to follow as CEO at the club ;).I have been doing a lot of work in the background before i officially started on Monday.I have found that there is a great deal of work that need's to be done,and it will not happen overnight.It will take time.But i am confident that i can do so.I am confident that i can oversee the task in hand.There needs to be root to branch changes(as Sinnott said).The club needs to desperately improve its communication with its huge fan base and also repair the bridge's that have been burned.Stick with me and together this will be done of that i have no doubt.We can then start our progress up the league's.

I wonder how Mr Deakin has settled in at his new job that he started today?

Should we expect a small statement from him in the next day or so.Something along the line's of .....

I have been made very welcome at the club.I know i have a huge task in hand and a hard example to follow as CEO at the club ;).I have been doing a lot of work in the background before i officially started on Monday.I have found that there is a great deal of work that need's to be done,and it will not happen overnight.It will take time.But i am confident that i can do so.I am confident that i can oversee the task in hand.There needs to be root to branch changes(as Sinnott said).The club needs to desperately improve its communication with its huge fan base and also repair the bridge's that have been burned.Stick with me and together this will be done of that i have no doubt.We can then start our progress up the league's.

Or.

I have looked at the book's,i now understand what the protest's are about."Im out"

Im going down Burslem to buy my B&G scarf.

Gills chairman Paul Scally had stated in his matchday programme notes 12 March he was joining our Club on 5th April (extract below)

"On other matters, I am delighted to advise that, as part of our new Sales Division we are launching for June 1st, we have recruited a new Sales Director, Perry Deakin, who has been at Northants Cricket Club in recent times, but was prior to that at Birmingham city Football Club, and brings a wealth of experience and ambition with him. Perry will be starting on April 5th, and I'm sure many of you will get to meet with him in the future"

Best of luck

Gills chairman Paul Scally had stated in his matchday programme notes 12 March he was joining our Club on 5th April (extract below)

"On other matters, I am delighted to advise that, as part of our new Sales Division we are launching for June 1st, we have recruited a new Sales Director, Perry Deakin, who has been at Northants Cricket Club in recent times, but was prior to that at Birmingham city Football Club, and brings a wealth of experience and ambition with him. Perry will be starting on April 5th, and I'm sure many of you will get to meet with him in the future"

Best of luck

He's joined us as CEO.

I have no axe to grind with him but to me what is staggering is that the Board [in their infinite wisdom] decided to appoint him rather than putting the money towards signing two loan players that would be the difference in us going up or staying down this year. Crazy!

• 2 weeks later...

A thought that i had earlier.

We are asked to contact him at the club via Dave Johnsons e mail address.No first of all i must point out that i do trust and respect Dave ,so no problem there.

But how come Perry Deakin has not set up his own e mail address.What is to stop other board members getting hold of any question asked to Perry.Then looking through them and binning questions that the board don't like,or question's from people that the board don't or or just simply wish to ignore them?

IF Dave was to print off question's,would he leave them just on top of his desk,on Perry's desk.If so board member's could get at them and do as i say above?(i wouldn't put anything past this lot)

Would it be a better option to wait until Perry return's to the club.Then write to him direct at the club,marked 'Private and Confidential'.This way would cut down the chance of anyone else getting involved(no offence to Dave Johnson)and binning question's that might be eye opening to Perry,or painful to the board.

I'm tempted to send in my question's and include a self addressed envelope c/w stamp.Not that i want to save the club money,but would it improve the odd's on getting a reply to the question's(as long as they dont steam the stamp off and reuse it of stick an address label on to cover the original address(i wouldn't put anything past this lot[did i already mention that?])

A thought that i had earlier.

We are asked to contact him at the club via Dave Johnsons e mail address.No first of all i must point out that i do trust and respect Dave ,so no problem there.

But how come Perry Deakin has not set up his own e mail address.What is to stop other board members getting hold of any question asked to Perry.Then looking through them and binning questions that the board don't like,or question's from people that the board don't or or just simply wish to ignore them?

IF Dave was to print off question's,would he leave them just on top of his desk,on Perry's desk.If so board member's could get at them and do as i say above?(i wouldn't put anything past this lot)

Would it be a better option to wait until Perry return's to the club.Then write to him direct at the club,marked 'Private and Confidential'.This way would cut down the chance of anyone else getting involved(no offence to Dave Johnson)and binning question's that might be eye opening to Perry,or painful to the board.

I'm tempted to send in my question's and include a self addressed envelope c/w stamp.Not that i want to save the club money,but would it improve the odd's on getting a reply to the question's(as long as they dont steam the stamp off and reuse it of stick an address label on to cover the original address(i wouldn't put anything past this lot[did i already mention that?])

In normal circumstances I would say you were paranoid, but in the world that is Port Vale these days I think you have a genuine point, I wouldnt put ANYTHING against Bratt or Jackson or Spliff Oliver come to that.===

Archived