onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stoke fans attending VP

1517sharps

Advert

You're right. And if our home grown nutters can't can it for just one night do we want them anyway?

Would it then be avisable for the stewards to be warned that stoke fans will be coming in their colours just so things aren't blown out of proportion when entering the ground or be aware of where they will be if something does happen between fans

I don't understand whats with people. If fans of other teams stoke included want come to vale even if they where their shirts. It can be seen as a symbol of friendship and support and the fact that rivalries can be put aside for a period like this.

It has happened at other clubs where fans have been invited and even whore their own teams shirt as to say we are supporting you at this time.

I have posted this on another thread and i personally feel it needs a thread on its own.

Look, if any Stoke fan wants to come to VP on Tuesday night then let them be. This is about the survival of my football club for years to come. In our darkest hour we need everyone to step up to the plate whether it be Stoke, Man Utd, Newcastle Town to promote the wellbeing of PORT VALE FOOTBALL CLUB. I plea with all PVFC fans regardless of other opposition colours let them be and for the good of football lets embrace and hope PVFC continues. I have a lot of SCFC fans and most wish us well and to that end if any Stoke fans want to support our cause by wearing there shirts they are welcome to sit by me.

what if they celebrate the oppositions goals and take the ****.......

I'll shake the hand of any fan, of any team, wearing any colours if they come to give moral and financial support . Anyone who can't take the offer of support in the spirit it is given is a fool IMO. I work with people from all over the country and the expressions of support I have had from fans of several teams, including, most notably a Darlington fan and a Portsmouth fan has been uplifting.

I'll shake the hand of any fan, of any team, wearing any colours if they come to give moral and financial support . Anyone who can't take the offer of support in the spirit it is given is a fool IMO. I work with people from all over the country and the expressions of support I have had from fans of several teams, including, most notably a Darlington fan and a Portsmouth fan has been uplifting.

Mel likes this.

I don't understand whats with people. If fans of other teams stoke included want come to vale even if they where their shirts. It can be seen as a symbol of friendship and support and the fact that rivalries can be put aside for a period like this.

It has happened at other clubs where fans have been invited and even whore their own teams shirt as to say we are supporting you at this time.

Do you think Celtic fans would turn up at Rangers under the banner of friendship in troubled times? Do you think Southampton would turn up at Portsmouth?

And not cause trouble?

I have posted this on another thread and i personally feel it needs a thread on its own.

Look, if any Stoke fan wants to come to VP on Tuesday night then let them be. This is about the survival of my football club for years to come. In our darkest hour we need everyone to step up to the plate whether it be Stoke, Man Utd, Newcastle Town to promote the wellbeing of PORT VALE FOOTBALL CLUB. I plea with all PVFC fans regardless of other opposition colours let them be and for the good of football lets embrace and hope PVFC continues. I have a lot of SCFC fans and most wish us well and to that end if any Stoke fans want to support our cause by wearing there shirts they are welcome to sit by me.

I third it

In theory its a good idea we know that not all fans are after trouble, but what happens when we all start singing "we hate stoke" or something like that which we usually do, wouldn't show much respect to the stoke fans who have attended and show their support Just a thought.

Well, show some respect to our guests and don't bliddy well sing it!

If you were drowning and a man in a Stoke shirt dived into save you would you say ,'No!' and prefer to drown?

I'd like to see hundreds of red & white stripes on Tuesday and to hear them singing 'the wonder of you' and the Vale fans in appreciation sing 'Delilah'.

They can sit by me and if any hooligans get nasty I'd help the Stokies!

Never look a gift horse in the mouth.

Do you think Celtic fans would turn up at Rangers under the banner of friendship in troubled times? Do you think Southampton would turn up at Portsmouth?

And not cause trouble?

celtic and rangers fans are immature anyway.

Southampton and Portsmouth are not in the same city but different times and I believe that local rivalry is a love hate thing. Can't live with them can't live without them so to speak.

Any Stoke fans coming on Tuesday in their Stoke colours will be sending an obvious message of support for us, without compromising their integrity with their commitment to their team. We would have lots to talk about, and I for one would applaud any group of Stokies in red and white who came to see us to show that they wanted one of the oldest rivalries in world football, mark that world football to continue.

We are football fans and our origins are in the Ceramic City, there will be no trouble, bit of good natured banter and a genuine feeling of fellowship.

Bring it on

Archived