onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stoke fans attending VP

1517sharps

I closely work with two Stoke season ticket holders, both are great blokes. They are both genuinely upset at our plight and will be attendending with me on Tuesday and will do anything they can to help. The Potteries football family is alive and kicking. I feel very humbled by all the support.

Ive managed to talk a QPR fan, A Leeds Fan and two Arsenal fans into coming for one night.

Advert

I think its a great idea but, in my opinion, it would do more harm than good. My youngest daughter is a Stoke fan, I have friends who are Stoke fans but I also know fans from both camps who would use this opportunity to cause trouble. Whether you agree or not, that is my opinion and to be honest I don't every think their could be a 'friendly' between Vale and Stoke because there are elements on both sides who wouldn't treat is as a friendly, just a free for all :(

Any Vale fan who had a pop at a Stoke fan showing up in his top to show solidarity from the south side of the city would have to be a real sad b*****d. It's not about rubbing anyones face in it but more a case of putting rivalries aside for the greater good.

Instead of wearing a Stoke top why don't you pop into the Vale shop buy a nice new Vale shirt and wear that instead. Win, win.

TP and Stokie in Stafford, I do not dispute what you say. I just think that the police will be out in force to look out for the handful of people who will be short-sighted/idealistic enough to sit at a Vale game in a Stoke shirt. It would be nice if this wasn't a problem but clearly it will be for some. My only concern is for the Vale and IMO the Vale will lose out.

I have to disagree. Although every genuine fan appreciates kind words and support this would cause alot of trouble. We all know that both sets of fans have a history, add a babycham or 2 and it would be chaos. Sorry to be a negative, good idea in principle but IMO cant see it working.

I know it's completley against the idea of unity but could fans of other clubs like Stoke who come to support us wearing their colours be given the family stand or something to prevent any trouble?

A potetntial reason for the financial situation we find ourselves in, when we are talking about cutting our cloth accordingly is what is at the heart of this very statement - Moving People.

For some reason people dont like change it unsettles them. Take Bycars, for years its reained open (with costs for security, police vending cleaning etc) for what looks to be 1000 fans max. For years I have said if we cannot will not close all of it, can those who sit at the back move to the front so we can close part of it, there fore reducing costs.

"oh no im not going to move, Ive sat here for 30 years" great help thanks.

Can you imagine moving a stand (and I think either Lorne Street or Bycars would be best as its separated from other Stands) full of people to accomodate other fans that want to come for support. Owd reg of 30 years would have a coronary.

In theory its a good idea we know that not all fans are after trouble, but what happens when we all start singing "we hate stoke" or something like that which we usually do, wouldn't show much respect to the stoke fans who have attended and show their support Just a thought.

You're right. And if our home grown nutters can't can it for just one night do we want them anyway?

I closely work with two Stoke season ticket holders, both are great blokes. They are both genuinely upset at our plight and will be attendending with me on Tuesday and will do anything they can to help. The Potteries football family is alive and kicking. I feel very humbled by all the support.

Sadly, I'm working and won't be able to attend..but please ignore the minority of infantiles on the oatcake and be assured that the majority of Stokies are seriously concerned at the current situation at Vale park and wish a speedy and successful conclusion and that you come back stronger.

Before Murdoch and his cronies took football away from us (and when we could afford it), many including myself would go to VP on a saturday and the VG on the alternate saturday.

Thoughts also go out to Portsmouth fans, seeing their beloved club in the mire again so soon.

Enjoy the rivalry but remember football is what it's all about.

Peace and best wishes to you and good luck.

Archived