onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Is SEO the right thing to do for the next month?

Nottingham Valiant

We may well end up in admin regardless of tomorrow. Does that mean we do not try to get to the EGM?

Surely every memebr of the SC wants to see the hard work come to fruition? Its important that the fans of this club see this through now, otherwise what was the point?

There's too much mistrust - people are seeing you as a stooge despite you raising valid points. It's because we've all been lied to so many times, and there have been so many windups spreading disinformation amongst the fanbase that people are only trusting those that they know.

If you are who I believe you to be, it's a shame you don't feel you can post as yourself - it may even help you get your point across.

Cheers,

Toby

Advert

8 years of mismanagement isnt going to make things better with a few hundred paying guests tomorrow.

Too much emphasis has been placed on SEO.

We get average gates of nearly 5000. If the board of directors cannot budget a fourth division club properly on those crowds then they should be nowhere near a football club.

I agree with this post totally. Turn up in force & get being the players. Avoid admin & the play-offs are a big possibility

If it was that easy fine, but we do not know the scale of the problem, the board do not tell us anything. Let them tell us first what has to be done, after all they are supposed to be running the club.

Genuine question and in no way a wind-up - can someone explain what continuing SEO will achieve between now and the EGM? We're literally on a knife edge, we may even go into admin before we have the chance to remove them at the EGM - what a disaster that would be?! If crowds turn up in numbers in the next few games then there is a better chance of there being a club to gain control of at the EGM. If the board remain after the EGM then I would fully support SEO.

In short, I think by continuing the SEO campaign for the next month is akin to cutting of your nose to spite your face.

Appreciate this is a controversial view but it is not meant to be provocative. Hope to see you all tomorrow.....

I can see both sides of the debate on this. In my case I won't be there as am away with work so it's a moot point whether I'd have gone though I struggle personally with the idea of any money ending up in this boards pocket but certainly respect the decision of those who do go back.

Chances are that any money coming into the club at the moment is being taken by board members in a hope to claw back lost shares monies, and legal fees for what lies ahead. I doubt a single penny of income is benefiting the club at the present time.

They can't use club money to fund legal fees though, can they? Otherwise they leave themselves open to further action.

I have thought of an idea that kind of kills two birds with one stone.

The idea is to turn up in force inside the ground; albeit it means paying to get in for those non season-ticket holders, and protest against the board by signing your hearts out and getting behind the team 100,000,000%.

This a) shows the board how passionate us Vale supporters are, and b) spurs the players on to what will hopefully be 3 points.

It will also show the boards exactly how many Vale fans there are that want to attend every match & an idea of how many 'stay-away' fans there are out there plus just how exciting times could be without MOLD in charge.

I understand that people will say they aren't paying £20 odd until MOLD have gone, but I can't see this one game saving us from admin should it happen or having any bearing effect on the outcome of the AGM/EGM.

I havnt attended a home game for a while now; however I'm up for attending the Crewe game to SUPPORT THE TEAM, NOT THE BOARD!

Like I said, this is just an idea! Dunna shoot me down!!

I'm hearing this clearly and am torn.

I kinda want to relent and go tomorrow to stave off admin but then again I don't trust them to not rig the EGM and it's then be a chance missed if we avoided adsmin and they somehow survived, albeit admin being a huge huge gamble with our future.

I think you are right in many ways - there's so many people vociferously SEO and anti board on here and out on the street, however, my thoughts are that a lot of these folk wouldn't go anyway, some just like a good moan. There are then as you say a handful of the hardcore.

I think what illustrates this would be our away attendences - it seemed hundreds were claiming in August that they would only follow Vale away but I don't think there has been any change in away followings from last year. Admittedly I don't have the figures but would be happy to be corrected.

I have been to 9 away matches [barnet, Gillingham, Wimbledon, Bristol R, ETC] and I have been to some home matches, had season tickets off friends, the only match that I had given these *******s my money was the £5 cup match,so yes I am one of those hardcore SEO fans,:razz:

It fans like you who the board quote to feed their propaganda. :bomb::banghead:

I kinda want to relent and go tomorrow to stave off admin but then again I don't trust them to not rig the EGM and it's then be a chance missed if we avoided adsmin and they somehow survived, albeit admin being a huge huge gamble with our future.

If we go back now to stave of admin, and they make it through the EGM, admin would soon follow as we'd all stop going again. They will soon be gone either way.

I for one think going tomorrow will not lumber us with the current lot for a great deal longer. As has already been pointed out, years of mismanagement can not be put right with a few hundred more people for a few games. The few thousand they would take of us is nothing to what they owe.

Add to that admin might bring about some really unwanted changes at the club. So this might be the last chance we get to go watch our team with no real side effects (supporting a board we don't want).

I would urge everyone to give the EGM a chance. The SC have at times been frustrating with how closely guarded they have been in the organising and legalities. I think we owe it to ourseleves, B&G, SEO, NLV and the Supporters Club to try and get to the EGM and give the SC the opportunity to close this out.

If they survive (again), then admin will follow. Admin may happen once the interim board get in, but I would rather have them telling us the truth about the state of the club than Lloyd and co blaming fans.

So all things considered, we should try to limp home before we give up and face the lottery on Lloyds call!

its time now to support the team

SEO has done its job in basically removing the board either by forcing an EGM or pushing the club towards adminisration

obviously the biggest fault lies with the management of the club but SEO has certainly put pressure on the finances ( as i assume it was intended to do )

Time now to go and support the team - if it helps stave off admin all the better ( we really want to avoid admin if at all possible ), if it doesnt then I think we may as well watch the football at this stage - might be the last chance we get

Borat, what if administration occurs before the A/EGM though?

Sinbad posted on another thread that he'd rang the club and they answered that the packs had yet to be posted; The latest they should have been sent out was Saturday. That indicates that they're either not bothered because admin will strike before the A/EGM or they're doing whatever they can to try and disrupt the meeting. I hope it's the latter.

If its as bad as it seems then it most likely will.

Then we face the lottery of admin. I would expect the Council to challenge and appoint the administrator being our largets creditor. I would then expect that administartor to be under instruction to try and keep the club going and find a buyer of some kind. To keep the club going they will have to reduce costs over night and I think that will mean redundancies and I think Micky will be looked at hard given his salary. We are really then in the hands of whoever is interested, perhaps (hopefully) Mo, but I would not be surprised to see a rival bid from Jackson, even if its just to push the price up.

All of that could happen of course should the EGM be succesful, but there may just be a chance that creditors will back off for long enough to make a plan should the interim board get in. They may be able to re-negotiate the debt and make the club a viable proposition for someone like Mo perhaps.

I would rather us as fans, do whatever we can to give the 2nd option a chance before accepting that the first option will happen regardless.

Archived