onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Is SEO the right thing to do for the next month?

Nottingham Valiant

I would urge everyone to give the EGM a chance. The SC have at times been frustrating with how closely guarded they have been in the organising and legalities. I think we owe it to ourseleves, B&G, SEO, NLV and the Supporters Club to try and get to the EGM and give the SC the opportunity to close this out.

If they survive (again), then admin will follow. Admin may happen once the interim board get in, but I would rather have them telling us the truth about the state of the club than Lloyd and co blaming fans.

So all things considered, we should try to limp home before we give up and face the lottery on Lloyds call!

I have to admit this is definitely the most appealing thing about trying to limp through to then. I would love to see everything come out in the open especially as there would be no confidentiality clauses to adhere to.

Advert

This is a serious comment - but if we're close to administration that usually means finances are shot. In other words, an extra 20-30 grand here and there won't help if the debts stretch into the hundreds of grands.

So, would a few thousand more on the gate actually help us avoid administration?

Let's say we get 2,000 more through the gate and that everyone pays £20. That's £40,000 extra in - but we owe this month's player wages, £40,000 in two month's council loan payments plus the unpaid tax bill. Then there's the £100,000 Harlequin are chasing, the Ameriturf legal challenge and so on...

So, would even an extra 2,000 on the gate be enough to prevent administration?

I'm not saying my working out is correct and I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I am not sure that even if lots of fans returned, it still may not be enough to stop admin...

From a personal perspective I think SeO should not only continue but more should join the ranks.

I am sick of watching Port Vale die painfully and slowly, its agonizing death throws are particularly hard to watch.

I would much prefer it to be quick although I know it wont be painless. I think Vale will rise like the phoenix, although I know there are no guarantees, and be all it can be.

I believe that admin is inevitable and a few hundred extra supporters for the three home games before the E.G.M. or the one against Crewe,which could be the last one before admin, will not make much difference. It may however help to pay off a a tidy sum to satisfy a threatening creditor

This is a serious comment - but if we're close to administration that usually means finances are shot. In other words, an extra 20-30 grand here and there won't help if the debts stretch into the hundreds of grands.

So, would a few thousand more on the gate actually help us avoid administration?

Let's say we get 2,000 more through the gate and that everyone pays £20. That's £40,000 extra in - but we owe this month's player wages, £40,000 in two month's council loan payments plus the unpaid tax bill. Then there's the £100,000 Harlequin are chasing, the Ameriturf legal challenge and so on...

I'm not saying my working out is correct and I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I am not sure that even if lots of fans returned, it still may not be enough to stop admin...

Rob, I think you are correct. However, if the SC were to publically back a campaign to get back in the ground and generate a few quid on the basis of what they want to achieve at the EGM, then maybe a few of the creditors might just hold on a few more weeks in the hope they may get more than 1p in the £1??

Just a thought...

IMHO, it's important to get the extra thousand or two through the turnstiles to support the team/players. **** the board, they are gonners. The players need our support to fire us up the table

I would urge everyone to give the EGM a chance. The SC have at times been frustrating with how closely guarded they have been in the organising and legalities. I think we owe it to ourseleves, B&G, SEO, NLV and the Supporters Club to try and get to the EGM and give the SC the opportunity to close this out.

If they survive (again), then admin will follow. Admin may happen once the interim board get in, but I would rather have them telling us the truth about the state of the club than Lloyd and co blaming fans.

So all things considered, we should try to limp home before we give up and face the lottery on Lloyds call!

And that is what I am trying to say put in an eloquent way. The council are one of our biggest creditors and we pay them £20k a month - that's 1000 more fans tomorrow night. Yes, we have many other debts that are stacking up but I think we will be a much stronger proposition if we go into admin AFTER the EGM - as others have said, at least then we will see the full truth. As Borat says, maybe we can limp through for another month.

SEO has served its purpose. It doesn't make me happy that some fans seem to be willing us into administration. It is not the easy way out and it will be worse for the club in the long-term. However, I do accept that it's potentially inevitable we'll go into admin although not yet a certainty. I will be there tomorrow in case it's not a certainty.

Only my opinion,but anyone who thinks any extra revenue will go towards the paying of bills, is sadly deluded.

The downward spiral as regard to finances as been happening for far to long,and could have been easily avoided with the right people in charge.

My fear is any extra revenue will join that which as already been put to one side to allay certain peoples losses.

As i say only my opinion.

Paul.

Rob, I think you are correct. However, if the SC were to publically back a campaign to get back in the ground and generate a few quid on the basis of what they want to achieve at the EGM, then maybe a few of the creditors might just hold on a few more weeks in the hope they may get more than 1p in the £1??

Just a thought...

True and I may also add to my previous comment - of course if there's a chance that a few thousand extra would help stave off admin and the money not be used to line pockets then I reckon it should be considered. If it doesn't pay the bills off outright but brings enough time to get to the EGM then it's a good thing as Borat says.

I'm going to go tomorrow. I've been pro-SEO all season. And I even said above that I doubt the money taken would make any dent in the debt or stop admin. BUT, I think it's worth a try to get to the EGM.

I know I've been quite vociferous on the SEO point, but if we can save the club from admin now, with the end game in sight, then I think we should do what we can. The boards days are numbered. Whether they go at the EGM or via admin, I really do think they will be gone soon. If the interim board do come in and then think admin is the only way, then so be it, but I'd rather they placed us in admin having considered every other option, than the board doing it.

Genuine question and in no way a wind-up - can someone explain what continuing SEO will achieve between now and the EGM? We're literally on a knife edge, we may even go into admin before we have the chance to remove them at the EGM - what a disaster that would be?! If crowds turn up in numbers in the next few games then there is a better chance of there being a club to gain control of at the EGM. If the board remain after the EGM then I would fully support SEO.

In short, I think by continuing the SEO campaign for the next month is akin to cutting of your nose to spite your face.

Appreciate this is a controversial view but it is not meant to be provocative. Hope to see you all tomorrow.....

I support the position of this post. I haven't been since last year but will be turning up on Tuesday night to support the club financially, and the team vocally.

We have forced the EGM, if they aren't removed from power then i will return to my stance of voting with my feet again. However, I don't want to contribute in the short term to the club going under.

A 2 week support guarantee from me, any more support depends upon the result of the EGM.

I support the position of this post. I haven't been since last year but will be turning up on Tuesday night to support the club financially, and the team vocally.

We have forced the EGM, if they aren't removed from power then i will return to my stance of voting with my feet again. However, I don't want to contribute in the short term to the club going under.

A 2 week support guarantee from me, any more support depends upon the result of the EGM.

:D. ===. :D

First of all would this thread have been started if we were playing Dagenham & Redbridge tomorrow morning rather than Crewe. I am sure some fans will want to say let's go to the games now to help us limp through to the EGM.

Secondly I honestly think that if administration is around the corner I would sooner it be done pre EGM than after. Some vociferous people will blame SEO or the Supporter's club for the reason rather than the truth of the matter being this Board's inability to listen to it's customers. I am sure that the money that the club would waste on their self interest would be better spent with whoever is charged with running our club either after admin or post EGM. I will willingly give the new Board the money I would have spent at tomorrow's game knowing that it will be going to ensure our future.

Archived