onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Is SEO the right thing to do for the next month?

Nottingham Valiant

The Council will enforce the terms of the loan contract in the Civil Court. As a result the directors, unable to meet the liabilities of the club have a duty under the Companies Act 2006 to change their focus. They must not carry on trading insolvently and they must act in the best interests of the creditors and not the shareholders. That is likely to lead to administration not least because they risk personal liability if they act inappropriately (again).

People need to understand how the Council works. It is a body established by statutes and derives all its powers and responsibilities from those statutes. It has a duty of best value and must also be properly governed and financially managed. At the end of the day it will take the actions needed to recover the loan and it is not some sort of teddy bear organisation that can be cuddled and will behave in an unbusiness like way. It really won't.

Advert

It's posts like this I can not stand.

There's been some good posts on here. It's nice to see some calculated people join the debate. Administration is a last resort and it is not a tool to play with to get our own way, it could be the end of Port Vale. Remember, 2 million pound council loans do not go away, there is a chance under the administrators that Vale Park could be sold to pay these debts off, rendering us insolvent.

Ideally, the fans would see that SEO is hurting the club and they would come through the gates to get us to the EGM, but I feel the damage has been done. Administration is inevitable. I know many football fans aren't the brightest but I just wish people like the quoted poster had some degree of reason in realising that 'starve the ****ers out' offers no productive solution to where this club goes next.

I am playing the waiting game, there is little else I feel I can do, I just hope Port Vale comes out stronger one way or the other. Personally, I'm very concerned.

What wrong with the post?its just my opinion. The board are on the ropes so why let off now? If you must have a go,have a go at them,they are the bad guys,there are only 4 of them..tell them to go,protest! Ive been asking them to go for ages and they dont listen,but guess what..now they are listening:yes:

If they walk now,i feel the club will be saved as every vale fan will come to the clubs aid and help it through.

Warren could you see yourself in a role with the proposed new board? I've read before that you're an accountant and I've seen your detailed analyses on Vale's situation. Someone with your expertise and love for the club would be great to have on board in some capacity.

One of the proposed board members is an accountant and a partner in a practice in the area. I saw him at Smallthorne Victory last week and he looks a capable sort of a guy and with more experience of the private sector than me. I know a lot about Local government and the NHS.

One has to realise though that a professional like that has to maintain his professional standards and always comply with the law and guidance from his institute. If he finds a lot of wrong doing on taking over he will be duty bound to report it to the appropriate authorities, but also if the club is trading insolvently he is certain to want to put it into administration asap.

I have been SEO all season, however I am now of the opinion that a few hundred paying on the gate will not make any difference to the board staying in power, theyI are finished and cannot survive under the weight of pressure from all angles. I am going to pay to go to Vale tomorrow for the first time all season, I am going to get behind the lads 100% and am gonna vent my fury at any of the scum that are in attendance. I have to go tomorrow as I love this club and am afraid that this could be our last season either in the league or in existence. If the football league wanted to make an example of us then who is to say they wont dock us 30 points or worse we go bump. So those are my reasons for going tomorrow. I think my love for the club has over taken my hate of the board.

Everyone in the ground tomorrow needs to get behind the boys and show these crooks that we are Vale and will not be made fools of.

What wrong with the post?its just my opinion. The board are on the ropes so why let off now? If you must have a go,have a go at them,they are the bad guys,there are only 4 of them..tell them to go,protest! Ive been asking them to go for ages and they dont listen,but guess what..now they are listening:yes:

If they walk now,i feel the club will be saved as every vale fan will come to the clubs aid and help it through.

Count me in on that statement.......=========

no point turning up in numbers because the money what they make on the gate wont go back into the club it will go straight into the pockets of the directors so that they can re coup some of their share money that they would lose if the club does go into admin

The real drain on Port Vale is huge pointless salaries that have been paid to Deakin and Miller. How on earth can Mike Lloyd blame SEO for the financial situation is beyond me. The club is in the entertainment industry and it is down to the supporters as to whether they wish to spend their money or not.

Maybe Lloyd should look a little closer to home and ask Deakin and Miller where their share money is instead of criticising supporters. The board of taken all the money out of the club themselves.

What wrong with the post?its just my opinion. QUOTE]

Your opinion isn't very constructive and your post doesn't give reasons as to why it is better for you to stay away than to go tomorrow night. The guy you are arguing with is much more articulate and is offering a constructive opinion as to how we resolve this in the longer term.

I have seen you at a couple of the protests and I'm not sure your manner has helped to bring more people on side.

Only my opinion,but anyone who thinks any extra revenue will go towards the paying of bills, is sadly deluded.

The downward spiral as regard to finances as been happening for far to long,and could have been easily avoided with the right people in charge.

My fear is any extra revenue will join that which as already been put to one side to allay certain peoples losses.

As i say only my opinion.

Paul.

I don't agree. Things are obviously a long way up **** creek now. I would imagine that all the directors are desperate to avoid admin as otherwise they will lose everything they've invested. Furthermore, if they are conducting illegal or dodgy transactions at this point then of course there would be investigations (criminal) once we're in admin.

Just my opinion.

I don't agree. Things are obviously a long way up **** creek now. I would imagine that all the directors are desperate to avoid admin as otherwise they will lose everything they've invested. Furthermore, if they are conducting illegal or dodgy transactions at this point then of course there would be investigations (criminal) once we're in admin.

Just my opinion.

Some Directors have nothing to lose as they haven't paid a penny. They just stand to lose they cushy job and salary.

Just my opinion.

But I want the directors to lose everything they have invested. They had the chance to get their investment back, but they wouldn't even entertain the idea then. I bet they are so regretting that decision. I will continue to SEO until ALL the directors have left my club.

Archived