onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Is SEO the right thing to do for the next month?

Nottingham Valiant

Only my opinion,but anyone who thinks any extra revenue will go towards the paying of bills, is sadly deluded.

The downward spiral as regard to finances as been happening for far to long,and could have been easily avoided with the right people in charge.

My fear is any extra revenue will join that which as already been put to one side to allay certain peoples losses.

As i say only my opinion.

Paul.

Hi Paul,

I think that the money from extra supporters would go towards paying a bill because the board are desperate to avoid admin for it would mean losing would losing their shares.

Advert

First of all would this thread have been started if we were playing Dagenham & Redbridge tomorrow morning rather than Crewe. I am sure some fans will want to say let's go to the games now to help us limp through to the EGM.

Secondly I honestly think that if administration is around the corner I would sooner it be done pre EGM than after. Some vociferous people will blame SEO or the Supporter's club for the reason rather than the truth of the matter being this Board's inability to listen to it's customers. I am sure that the money that the club would waste on their self interest would be better spent with whoever is charged with running our club either after admin or post EGM. I will willingly give the new Board the money I would have spent at tomorrow's game knowing that it will be going to ensure our future.

Sadly you are correct of course. Some would blame SEO etc but thats already happening.

To my mind its time to stop worrying about what people might say or who they might blame and just do whatever we feel is the best thing for the clubs long term future.

Some will feel SEO is the answer, some will feel that trying to limp through to the EGM is the answer.

Personally I want Mike Lloyd to suffer the indignity of being voted out of the club in the proper and right way. I do not want him to exit via the back door pointing the finger of blame at others - thats just how I feel.

I suspect the fact we are playing Crewe does make it a natural bigger pull as well though, so fair point.

Starve the ****ers out

Its for the greater good

It's posts like this I can not stand.

There's been some good posts on here. It's nice to see some calculated people join the debate. Administration is a last resort and it is not a tool to play with to get our own way, it could be the end of Port Vale. Remember, 2 million pound council loans do not go away, there is a chance under the administrators that Vale Park could be sold to pay these debts off, rendering us insolvent.

Ideally, the fans would see that SEO is hurting the club and they would come through the gates to get us to the EGM, but I feel the damage has been done. Administration is inevitable. I know many football fans aren't the brightest but I just wish people like the quoted poster had some degree of reason in realising that 'starve the ****ers out' offers no productive solution to where this club goes next.

I am playing the waiting game, there is little else I feel I can do, I just hope Port Vale comes out stronger one way or the other. Personally, I'm very concerned.

It's posts like this I can not stand.

There's been some good posts on here. It's nice to see some calculated people join the debate. Administration is a last resort and it is not a tool to play with to get our own way, it could be the end of Port Vale. Remember, 2 million pound council loans do not go away, there is a chance under the administrators that Vale Park could be sold to pay these debts off, rendering us insolvent. Ideally, the fans would see that SEO is hurting the club and they would come through the gates to get us to the EGM, but I feel the damage has been done. Administration is inevitable. I know many football fans aren't the brightest but I just wish people like the quoted poster had some degree of reason in realising that 'starve the ****ers out' offers no productive solution to where this club goes next.

I am playing the waiting game, there is little else I feel I can do, I just hope Port Vale comes out stronger one way or the other. Personally, I'm very concerned.

That is the one thing I'm not actually worried about, Mark. No one in their right mind would buy VP for development purposes, especially in the current climate. The cost of knocking the ground down, filling the mine shafts in and applying for planning permission far outweigh the profit that could be made, particularly in view of the amount of other Brownfield sites in SOT that will be cheaper and in a better location. Look at the land where the Victoria Ground used to stand for example.

Also, I doubt the Council would want to take ownership of the ground either, they are trying to reduce their property portfolio, not increase it.

That is the one thing I'm not actually worried about, Mark. No one in their right mind would buy VP for development purposes, especially in the current climate. The cost of knocking the ground down, filling the mine shafts in and applying for planning permission far outweigh the profit that could be made, particularly in view of the amount of other Brownfield sites in SOT that will be cheaper and in a better location. Look at the land where the Victoria Ground used to stand for example.

Also, I doubt the Council would want to take ownership of the ground either, they are trying to reduce their property portfolio, not increase it.

This takes me back to something I've mentioned before, sale and lease back. If the ground is not fit for redevelopment it may suit the interests of all parties if the council take ownership of the ground, and Vale lease it back. I'm not sure what the ground is valued at but that less the council loan may leave us with enough to pay off other debts. The council then have themselves a nice earner on a lease back, which is effectively the same as us paying them loan payments. They could also use the ground and the commercial departments as they wished.

There's definitely a plausible compromise somewhere...

Why are people pestering seo to return??? Why not ask those in the boadroom to leave,its much easier,there are way less of them.

I understand both sides of this argument and i really dont know what to do for the best. The only thing i can compare it to is when Andy jones was telling us to get a season ticket to give the new guys a chance,some broke some didnt,the ones who did regretted it.

I need to see these crooks leave the building then its out with the cheque book :)

This takes me back to something I've mentioned before, sale and lease back. If the ground is not fit for redevelopment it may suit the interests of all parties if the council take ownership of the ground, and Vale lease it back. I'm not sure what the ground is valued at but that less the council loan may leave us with enough to pay off other debts. The council then have themselves a nice earner on a lease back, which is effectively the same as us paying them loan payments. They could also use the ground and the commercial departments as they wished.

There's definitely a plausible compromise somewhere...

Regardless of the value of the ground, I don't think the Council would take ownership and pay us any difference. I suspect that should we continue to defer/miss payments on the loan, then the gound will simply become the property of the Council (although I stand to be corrected on that point). I honestly think the ground will remain the property of Port Vale FC, regardless of what happens in the future.

No, for two reasons. Firstly if good attendances can get the club through to the AGM without administration that should be supported. Secondly, if administration is inevitable we need as many points as possible to withstand a 10 point deduction. I don't say I am making a good argument because there isn't a good argument to make.

No, for two reasons. Firstly if good attendances can get the club through to the AGM without administration that should be supported. Secondly, if administration is inevitable we need as many points as possible to withstand a 10 point deduction. I don't say I am making a good argument because there isn't a good argument to make.

Warren could you see yourself in a role with the proposed new board? I've read before that you're an accountant and I've seen your detailed analyses on Vale's situation. Someone with your expertise and love for the club would be great to have on board in some capacity.

Archived