onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Egm

Alan Baker

Advert

Port Vale Supporters' Club has called the EGM to remove the club's four directors Mike Lloyd, Peter Miller, Glenn Oliver and Perry Deakin in the light of the collapse of the Blue Sky investment deal, the issuing of nil-paid shares, the mortgaging of Vale Park and the numerous examples of the board misleading and failing Vale's fans and shareholders.

Melv, that's wrong. The SC have forced the Club/Board to call the EGM. The Club are managing the EGM with regards to date, time location etc. The SC have put forward the resolutions.

I would like to go, but don`t own any shares. what is the best way to get in?

====================================

Chopper onto the roof, abseil down the front, smash the window, stun grenades and smoke bombs then in shouting "Get down on the floor". Shoot anyone meeting the likeness of the photos on the front page then out with the share register under your arm.

....Sorry Melv. You beat me to it.

Observations:

1. Oliver must presumably have to formally retire on the AGM agenda, or else he could just keep his head down and remain on the board if he's not voted off.

2. Deakin is not technically up for re-election so he has to either be removed by an EGM motion or trusted to resign himself. Realistically he has to be removed.

3. I can see Miller being 'allowed' to be voted off because, let's face it, he was rumbled and he's not coming back.

4. The and they will have to be named in the agenda which will go oclub will have to have candidates of their own in place to stand for election,ut by the end of this week. So if they do have someone lined up they will have to show their hand very soon.[/QUOTE]

Will the club have to inform the FL(before Friday) of these candidates as they have to pass the fit and proper person test?

Could they hold the AGM first, voting on 2 more directors to replace oliver and deakin, thereby making the agenda for the EGM to vote off the current board out of date, and securing 2 representatives on the new board?

Around the 25th we will know who they want to replace Oliver and Deakin with is that right? as surely it will be included in the papers sent out as they will have to be voted in.

Another scenario which I would not put past the 4 .. they could anounce the the club was going into administration ......

Not a chance imo

What i wouldn't put past them though is to put two no marks up who they know wont be voted in and then say that Glenn and Perry will have to stay on now.

Surely this won't be two meetings on the same day.

Iirc, the board is allowed to add its own resolutions to those presented by the caller of the EGM. Therefore, I would think what will happen is that there will only be one vote. Prior to that, there should be a presentation about the annual accounts and possible a Q&A session (pre-selected questions most likely).

The SC will create the initial agenda, which will be (at least) to remove the current directors and elect the six selected directors for the interim board. The board will then add its resolutions which will be to propose their names for election as directors.

Deakin and Oliver should stand down and this should be part of the agenda. The cloudy issue is what happens with Miller. Unless he has paid for the shares or is sponsored by someone that has, he must stand down. So I would not be surprised to see the board propose three new directors.

Archived