The great RE’s birthday today! 77 goals in 294 appearances for the Vale. Scorer of the winning goal v Bristol Rovers to gain promotion which I attended and watched from the Bycars.

Fantastic box to box player and we could really do with him now!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Dangermouse3 said:

My bad! It was yesterday! But still a great player

manager material with rudgie?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Belated happy birthday to you Robbie. Legend!!Had me in tears when he scored v Bristol Rovers and got us promoted. I too was in Bycars .Also remember his goal at the Victoria Ground v Sjoke 😁😁

Edited by ELDERBEZZA

Advert:

I loved Robbie as a player and his love for the club is evident. The problem for me is he has no managerial experience, been out of the game for quite a while and he has no experience of league 2. Plus we would be going down the route of ex players once again.

28 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Getting Robbie Earle in as manager was Rudgie's long-term plan for when he retired. Obviously Bell ruined all that by sacking John.

indeed, i remember the interview with sir john.☺️

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, mbycars said:

I loved Robbie as a player and his love for the club is evident. The problem for me is he has no managerial experience, been out of the game for quite a while and he has no experience of league 2. Plus we would be going down the route of ex players once again.

fair comment

Advert:

On 28/01/2021 at 04:24, Paul6754 said:

Can't see him ever managing the Vale, he's a sports commentator/talking head for NBCSN on the Premier Lge, I would guess "A nice little earner".

true-just playing devils advocate, :thepope: