onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

OVF feature: Photos show how Port Vale’s stadium has been transformed over the summer

News Feed

header-300x143.jpg

We’ve been sent some “before and after” images of how the Vale Park stadium has been spruced up over the summer. Work has been carried out by volunteers and some of the paint was paid for by the VIEW16 group. Thanks to OVF forum user @dishydave for these images. The Bycars Stand The fence cladding […]

The post Photos show how Port Vale’s stadium has been transformed over the summer appeared first on onevalefan.co.uk.

Advert

Lots of neglected areas getting a tidy up or new branding, good stuff.

Ef9GlW0XgAEo8J3?format=jpg&name=large

I'd be brilliant if we could have some sort of banner or something over that large rectangle of concrete under the disabled stand in the LS where there used to be a Britannia sign. Fill up the massive empty space with a picture of Popey at Man City or Askey celebrating the final whistle or something, a big advert like Bournemouth do 

sza3Zr8.png

1c08be9c577acb25c0ef049e6d0dd8aa.jpg

The old girl is 70 in 3 days. This sort of stuff goes a long way in brightening the place up. We were looking at doing this sort of stuff with BLK when Scumbag was here so nothing new.

Port-Vale-Tunnel-Proposed-Design-1024x529.jpg

@Doha I'd definitely agree with that. I really like the way some clubs have approached this.  Wimbledon, Bournemouth and Tranmere have all done various things.

Tranmere have a fantastic mural on the end of a house. 

Large.thumb.jpg.e8190c5bd031af66214f08518e004e5d.jpg

It doesn't have to be on a house, that sort of thing would look amazing in the corners of the ground.

For me, JR in the centre with all his best signings surrounding him would be the first choice.

Then you could do one on the Iron Curtain side and perhaps one each on the Autoglass/LDV final wins?

1 minute ago, robf said:

@Doha I'd definitely agree with that. I really like the way some clubs have approached this.  Wimbledon, Bournemouth and Tranmere have all done various things.

Tranmere have a fantastic mural on the end of a house. 

Large.thumb.jpg.e8190c5bd031af66214f08518e004e5d.jpg

It doesn't have to be on a house, that sort of thing would look amazing in the corners of the ground.

For me, JR in the centre with all his best signings surrounding him would be the first choice.

Then you could do one on the Iron Curtain side and perhaps one each on the Autoglass/LDV final wins?

Top top top idea. I love the sound of that. Sproson statue outside, quality Sproson mural inside.

Something for Paine Proffitt and that Megan girl who has the Vale art business to consider?

There's a massive long wall outside the Railway stand where you could have an entire squad of famous old players painted along it. Pressure wash, lick of base coat, mural, sealant. Job done.

I'd definitely contribute to making this happen. I reckon this is the sort of thing Carol would really get behind too. I'll send the link to this thread to Mark Porter to see what he thinks.

Yeah, there's all sorts of things you could do...

• A collection of locally born players
  • Portraits of those who sadly lost their lives (e.g. Tommy McLaren, those who died in the world wars)
  • A tribute to Boomer

and so on...

I personally love the Paine Proffitt artwork and would love to see that on the stadium.

19 minutes ago, robf said:

Yeah, there's all sorts of things you could do...

• A collection of locally born players
  • Portraits of those who sadly lost their lives (e.g. Tommy McLaren, those who died in the world wars)
  • A tribute to Boomer

and so on...

I personally love the Paine Proffitt artwork and would love to see that on the stadium.

I can't speak for Paine obviously but I'm sure he'd revel in getting to cover the whole ground, all paid for via fundraiser or something obviously. I have a few of his pieces and fans of other clubs are always very impressed by the football stuff he does. It'd be another incredible unique attribute of the club to have an in house artist :laugh:

Quick and nasty edit just to show the general idea but a good pressure wash of that brickwork to get decades of grime off, some quick repointing of the mortar and then art all along the walls would really brighten up that corner of the ground as it's dark, dingy, off the top of my head unlit, and getting on a bit. 

I have a 130 bar pressure washer which while not a mental petrol powered industrial one, would definitely do the job, it would damage the bricks if not careful. Happy to volunteer the time. 

GWyLOYx.png

Absolutely. I've met Paine a few times and he's a top gent. His stuff is brilliant and would look great on the ground.

Then if we want anything to brighten up the toilet facilities, there must be a fair few portraits of the last couple of boards that are knocking around... we could unveil the Perry Deakin and Peter Miller urinals (with a byline of - "Continually taking the p*ss") 😉

13 minutes ago, robf said:

Absolutely. I've met Paine a few times and he's a top gent. His stuff is brilliant and would look great on the ground.

Then if we want anything to brighten up the toilet facilities, there must be a fair few portraits of the last couple of boards that are knocking around... we could unveil the Perry Deakin and Peter Miller urinals (with a byline of - "Continually taking the p*ss") 😉

Who have you been speaking to!?

Well, since you've seen the kit launch, and clearly someone has leaked the news to you, you might as well see the new bycars toilets.

tgszSib.png

18 minutes ago, Doha said:

Who have you been speaking to!?

Well, since you've seen the kit launch, and clearly someone has leaked the news to you, you might as well see the new bycars toilets.

tgszSib.png

If they’re the Bycars toilets they’ve been improved greatly since I last went in the Bycars.

1 hour ago, robf said:

Another one which would be dead easy to do would be all the different shirt designs over the years...

Something like this obviously with more designs...

kits.jpg.971a2aecafd98a34c5b262aa1c27cf5f.jpg

Again, quick and nasty just to get a general idea. I'm not a designer. I don't know what I'm doing. In the right hands though we could have something really cool.

We're lucky enough to have a top drawer, corporate level graphic artist at the Vale too. I bet @Birdy could come up with some mega stuff. 

etInhqV.png

Archived