Match thread: Blackpool vs Port Vale friendly

I'm pleased to create the first "actual" match thread for quite some time even though details are sketchy.of the game appear sketchy...

Please can anyone with any more info than me correct me but so far I think:

1. The game takes place on Saturday
2. No idea if it's home or away (but as it's behind closed doors I guess that's not that important)
3. I believe it will be streamed (details will be posted on here when/if available)
4. Anyone feel free to add things like line-ups, goal flashes etc when the game begins

I suspect if it is streamed it will be the first chance for many of us to see new signings Zak Mills, Devante Rodney and Danny Whitehead while trialists Harvey Bradbury, Dino Visser, Kieran Hayes and Rhys Lovatt (among others) could feature too.

So, as usual, please feel free to debate the game before, during and after it is played.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

0,000 please Barry.

Having watched the game back again its a game we could easily have got a draw from, with Pope and Amoo missing pretty guilt edge chances. They clearly had a little more quality. Both teams set up

I won’t be judging players in pre-season matches, however I am looking forward to getting a glimpse of Rodney. All the sounds coming out of the club suggest he is one to watch this season. JA said tod

Posted Images

2 hours ago, robf said:

I'm pleased to create the first "actual" match thread for quite some time even though details are sketchy.of the game appear sketchy...

Please can anyone with any more info than me correct me but so far I think:

1. The game takes place on Saturday
2. No idea if it's home or away (but as it's behind closed doors I guess that's not that important)
3. I believe it will be streamed (details will be posted on here when/if available)
4. Anyone feel free to add things like line-ups, goal flashes etc when the game begins

I suspect if it is streamed it will be the first chance for many of us to see new signings Zak Mills, Devante Rodney and Danny Whitehead while trialists Harvey Bradbury, Dino Visser, Kieran Hayes and Rhys Lovatt (among others) could feature too.

So, as usual, please feel free to debate the game before, during and after it is played.

now do you see my point of not enough info coming out of vale park (is the communications director working?)

now do you see my point of not enough info coming out of vale park (is the communications director working?)

But you were saying the other day no camera waving, there was loads you chose just to ignore it
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, geoff1 said:

Oh dear, Geoff... hahaha.

3pm on Saturday, BCD at Vale Park. Streamed live on the Vale YouTube channel.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, mattpvfc said:
1 hour ago, geoff1 said:

Stop being a clown will ya bloody hell

who died and made you god!!!!!!!!!!! 

Geoff - the club have issued a statement confirming the details and I personally think that's absolutely fair enough notice considering the match doesn't take place till Saturday. 

I do think your criticism  of the media team is somewhat harsh. Considering the extraordinary circumstances, furloughing and working from home, we've had all the news we need (season ticket info, kit announcements, board appointments, player signings, interviews with new players, training galleries). I can't see what else they could do.

Anyway, here's the news on the streaming:

https://www.onevalefan.co.uk/2020/08/port-vale-will-live-stream-first-summer-friendly-free-of-charge/

• Thanks 1

161 days (I make it) since Cheltenham away in March. And no. I sit and didn't work it out. It's dead easy to do in Excel.

Is that the longest we've gone without a match of any kind since the war? It easily beats the winter of 1962/63.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Santa said:

161 days (I make it) since Cheltenham away in March. And no. I sit and didn't work it out. It's dead easy to do in Excel.

Is that the longest we've gone without a match of any kind since the war? It easily beats the winter of 1962/63.

We've probably gone longer without a win! 😄

I won’t be judging players in pre-season matches, however I am looking forward to getting a glimpse of Rodney. All the sounds coming out of the club suggest he is one to watch this season. JA said today he has a lot of pace & strength and has looked good in training.  Fingers crossed we have unearthed one 🤞💪

• Like 3