Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
robf

Match thread (replay): Port Vale v Stoke City, 1992

Recommended Posts

It's a "big" classic match replay on Monday as Vale take on rivals Stoke in an FA Cup replay in 1992.

We'll have the whole 90 mins on our YouTube channel complete with the Sky Sports coverage of the game.

Please use this thread to share your thoughts before, during and after the action.

(the link will be posted on here when the game goes live at 7.30pm Monday)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/04/2020 at 09:34, RailwayRowdy said:

Weather forecast for the match is dry and calm. Let’s hope so. Wouldn’t want it to spoil the game. 

I'm not sure that forecast is going to hold...

A few Internet issues at OVF Towers this evening, I'm hoping they iron themselves out before the premiere at 7.30pm...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fingers crossed.

I always enjoyed beating Macari. He was a cocky so and so.

That said, to be fair, he now does fabulous work with those in need in the City and I salute him for that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 25/04/2020 at 09:55, robf said:

It's a "big" classic match replay on Monday as Vale take on rivals Stoke in an FA Cup replay in 1992.

We'll have the whole 90 mins on our YouTube channel complete with the Sky Sports coverage of the game.

Please use this thread to share your thoughts before, during and after the action.

(the link will be posted on here when the game goes live at 7.30pm Monday)

Remember watching this match in Arbroath.  Happy days!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it just me or is the sound really quiet?

Also, if [as stated] the Vale pitch was second in width only to Man City, would it now be the widest seeing as how MC have changed grounds in the time-space since this game?

Points-with-Bone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, points-with-bone said:

Is it just me or is the sound really quiet?

They are old 20 year+ VHS video tapes. You need to crank the volume up to hear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's odd but for me the volume on this one is pretty decent and listenable but I hear the comments on low sound. Sorry if it is a problem. These do take a heck of a long time to copy and I can't test them on every device. It seemed OK to me when I worked on this one but sorry if you are experiencing issues. 

Do make sure you have the volume on the YouTube player right up as well as your PC/tablet/phone volume as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can any of you experiencing sound tell me what device you are using. I have now tried it on laptop, phone and my kids' iPads and the sound is fine for me. I can't so anything with this clip but can you let me know what you are using so I can test it in the future?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, robf said:

It's odd but for me the volume on this one is pretty decent and listenable but I hear the comments on low sound. Sorry if it is a problem. These do take a heck of a long time to copy and I can't test them on every device. It seemed OK to me when I worked on this one but sorry if you are experiencing issues. 

Do make sure you have the volume on the YouTube player right up as well as your PC/tablet/phone volume as well.

It's okay; we've got my grand dad's ear-trumpet down from the attic

Points-with-Bone

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, andy jones said:

What a good player Andy Porter was.

He's played a blinder. We've got the wind second half so optimistic. A few renditions here of Steano is a <ovf censored>. Not sure how the kids know the words.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy