onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

I had a very Enlightening day yesterday

old sage

When you volunteer to help take on a task of collating supporters feelings regarding the 'Robbie Williams Proxy' it's amazing what you learn about Port Vale fans.

Most are people who want the present regime out (approx 98%) but not so many want them out badly enough to put themselves out and support the demonstrations to show the board just how they feel. They much prefer to rush home and have a nice warm evening meal and watch the telly. I say wouldn't we all but at times like these sacrafices should be made. Still I suppose at least we got your vote and thanks for that.

Then we come to the few who when asked the simple question 'Do you support the Robbie Williams proxy vote to call an EGM and remove the present board?'. Oh my, the blue touch paper has been well and truly lit.Cue a barrage of insults about it's ******** like you who are causing the trouble at this club. You come here every week protesting and stirring **** and trying to insight violence. You aren't a real supporter. If you were you would be in there supporting the team............... I'm sorry but a simple NO to my question would have been more than sufficient.

The truth is that it is these so called 'loyal' supporters who cause the potential of violence by abusing those who are outside the ground protesting. Then when they provoke a reaction it's the protesters who are the bad guys. Just like the cropped haired lad who was threatening protesters yesterday. This I'm told was the same guy who removed his shirt at Macc. Well sir you were a lucky boy not to have had your head removed last evening and who would have been to blame?. Yes thats right you yourself. Please mate don't become a martyr for this board they aren't worth it and they have no respect for either you or Port Vale. Next time take your shirt off if you wish but come and join the people who do care enough to want a better future for your club.

Now to the 'troublemakers' everyone knows who we are . Yes those vile (or should that be VALE) protesters. I'm proud to be one of them because when you take a closer look, most are the people with years of service to Port Vale's cause and the ones who prior to this period were the people who stood on windy, cold and often wet terraces supporting their team Port Vale. I know because I'm old enough to have watched the Vale when they actually played in Black & Gold. Though we were posh and called it amber in those days. I am proud to be associated with you people because regardless of what others think we in fact are amongst the most elite and passionate fans that Port Vale possesses.

Why am I standing with you at every matchday. It's very simple I want it's to show my disgust at the way our club is being run. They could tell the truth to save their lives.

Last night we got to see Mr Lloyd and ask a few questions:

Have Deakin & Miller paid for their shares?. Answer 'yes.... well most of them.' ??? Have they paid for them out of their own pockets?. Answer ' I can't answer that one!!'.

Why did the Directors feel the need to re-mortgage the ground?. Answer 'Because due to lack of home fixtures we were short of cash to pay the players etc ?. Did all the the directors make this decision?. 'No Mr Miller the Chairman. We didn't find out until some 10 days later and I was very concerned'. (I bet you were).

Next question. Was it true that there will be no new signings not even extensions to the loan players that we have now at the end of their initial loan, due to lack of funds?. Answer 'This decision is left entirely to the Manager, it's his decision not ours'.

Will you Mr Lloyd be resigning from the board?.'No I'm a fighter and will continue as a director.'

Final question 'Is there any reasons to be optimistic for the future?. 'Times are hard but we will be trying to attract fresh investment'.

I hope that I'm not boring you folks but I feel it is very important. I would say that there was only one question that Mike Lloyd answered truthfully. No prizes for guessing which one. 'No I am not resigning'

My own observations are if Deakin & Miller have pumped into the club nearly £350,000 of investment in December. Why the need for another £290,000 of loan money when surely the 'New ' directors imput should have been sufficient to have covered the costs and allowed room for a couple of fresh loan signings at the very least!.

In view of the comment that new signings were 'the Manager's decision', it appears strange that while this was being stated Micky Adams was talking about being 'unable to bring in any new players and that he was forced to send back all those currently on loan!!!!' Nnn eer Someones telling lies.

Tell you what I think??. Miller took out the loan to pay for his and Deakin's shares. So in essence Port Vale F.C. has bought both of these 'gentlemens' shares in the club for them.

So with all this in mind perhaps the 'baddies' aren't the protesters who stand out in the cold, when really our board of directors who cosily sit in the Directors Lounge area who are the real bad guys.

Advert

By 'nearly paid for' I assume they mean the loan has covered some, the remaining 2 months remuneration of Deakin will be kept by the club to top up the £277k loan a little further, then Deakin & Miller are held personally responsible to find the remaining money ASAP.

They'd then no doubt chase Miller through the courts for him to repay the loan he took out.

No facts to this, just a scenario plucked from my head.

Plausible?

I see there was 98% who voted for the use of the RW proxy at an EGM.My question for the other 2% is 'Can you actually dress yourself? ':banghead::banghead::banghead:
I love that comment. I told a bloke who went on a rant that we were the troublemakers when asked about the RW proxy 'I was told that there were one or two without a brain cell and it looks like I found one of them!'. He didn't like it,:yes: ha ha if the cap fits wear it I say.

I think that there are those that will not protest in any way shape of form.There are some who are very much anti protest even if they do not like the way the club is being run.There are some who are very pro board.But I predict that should admin happen these people will all blame each other.If it comes that there is no admin needed anda solution to the issues is found then these people will be claiming the high ground saying they knew this was going to be the end result all along it just needed time.

I will put my cards on the table now.My opinion is for the board as it stands to pick up their belongings put them into their pound stretcher carrier bag and get out of the club ASAP.Then hand over the control to someone who has the money,the know how,the team to take this club out of the mire and onto a bright future.Step forward Mo Chaudry.

I love that comment. I told a bloke who went on a rant that we were the troublemakers when asked about the RW proxy 'I was told that there were one or two without a brain cell and it looks like I found one of them!'. He didn't like it,:yes: ha ha if the cap fits wear it I say.

No doubt that such people provided you with a very huge list of alternatives and you have been up all night just looking at this long list of alternatives and not even had time to look into the merits of them yet.;)

I think that there are those that will not protest in any way shape of form.There are some who are very much anti protest even if they do not like the way the club is being run.There are some who are very pro board.But I predict that should admin happen these people will all blame each other.If it comes that there is no admin needed anda solution to the issues is found then these people will be claiming the high ground saying they knew this was going to be the end result all along it just needed time.

I will put my cards on the table now.My opinion is for the board as it stands to pick up their belongings put them into their pound stretcher carrier bag and get out of the club ASAP.Then hand over the control to someone who has the money,the know how,the team to take this club out of the mire and onto a bright future.Step forward Mo Chaudry.

I'll play cards with you anyday Melv. Well said Mate. I like the pound stretcher carrier bag. A real stretcher would be better though:ohmy:;)

No doubt that such people provided you with a very huge list of alternatives and you have been up all night just looking at this long list of alternatives and not even had time to look into the merits of them yet.;)
There is only three real alternatives. Punch him. nut him or of kick him where it hurts but at the last second I thought of a 4th and walked away:(

Tell you what I think??. Miller took out the loan to pay for his and Deakin's shares. So in essence Port Vale F.C. has bought both of these 'gentlemens' shares in the club for them.

That is exactly what I thought!!!!

Great minds and all that Kev.:yes:

That is exactly what I thought!!!!

I have been thinking just the same,but would it be legal?

Add to that,that when the question was asked at the post match meeting the answer was 'No Comment'.Such a reply can only raise another question.

I have been thinking just the same,but would it be legal?

Add to that,that when the question was asked at the post match meeting the answer was 'No Comment'.Such a reply can only raise another question.

I dont think it would be illegal, as the amount for remortgage may noy have been specified for use, I would stand to be corrected!

Archived